Introduction to Draw.io Alternatives
Draw.io is an online diagram editor build around google drive. With draw.io users can create UML diagrams, flowcharts, network diagrams, entity relations, and many more. One of the advantages of the draw.io is that it stores the data in google drive, therefore there is no need of an additional third party. There are other alternatives are also available for draw.io. Here in this article, we are going to these alternatives.
The list of draw.io alternatives are as follows:
1. LucidChart: LucidChart is one of the best alternatives for draw.io which is developed by Lucid software inc. It allows users to collaborate on drawing, revising, and sharing charts and diagrams. It is available in two versions free version and paid version. The free version provides various features except advanced, whereas paid version provides some additional features to the users. LucidChart can be accessed on the browsers those support HTML5.
2. visio: Another alternative for draw.io is Visio, is a part of the Microsoft family. Visio is diagramming and vector graphics application. It is available in two versions, standard and professional. Both versions have the same interface, but the professional version contains some additional templates for more advanced diagrams and layouts. With Visio, users can easily connect their diagrams to the data sources and can easily display their data in graphical format. Professional version features three additional diagrams types, validation, intelligent rules, and subprocess. It saves the files in various formats like VSD, VSS, VST, VDW, VDX, VSX, VTX, VSDX, VSDM, VSSX, VSSM, VSTX, VSTM, and VSL.
3. Gliffy: Gliffy is another alternative to draw.io. It is software that is used to draw the charts and UML using an HTML5 cloud-based app. With the help of this software, users can draw UML diagrams, floor plans, flowcharts, Venn diagrams, and various types of other diagrams. It enables users to edit and share the diagrams in real-time. It provides a drag and drop interface, real-time online collaboration, and sharing capabilities. it allows users to explore the diagrams in various formats like PNG, SVG, PDF, and JPEG. Gliffy supports various browsers like Firefox, chrome, internet explorer, safari.
4. SmartDraw: Another best alternative for draw.io is SmartDraw, is an online tool used to draw diagram such as flowcharts, mind map, organization chart, business visuals, project charts, etc. It is available in two versions – online version and downloadable version. It uses extension -.SDR, SDL, SDT, SCZ. SmartDraw is integrated with Microsoft products which include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, G suite applications like Google docs and Google sheets.
5. Creately: It is another alternative to draw.io. Create is Saas based visual collaboration tool which has a diagram, and design capabilities. It is available in two versions – an online cloud version and a downloadable offline version. It supports desktop-based Windows, Linux, and mac. With Creately users can draw flowcharts, UML diagrams, mind maps, project charts, organization charts. and other business visuals. It provides predefined templates and various elements for project collaboration. It also supports drag and drops features, which come in two formats, predefined and custom based. The custom format can be used to draw the desired diagram. It is available in the free and paid version. The paid version provides additional functionality than free.
6. StarUML: Another best alternative for draw.io ks StarUML. As its name contain a UML word, it is UML tool which is used to draw and UML diagrams, such as class diagram, sequence, component, use case, Object diagrams, entity relation diagrams, flowcharts, etc. Software is licensed under a modified version of GNU GPL. StarUML support almost all types of diagrams, in the 4.0.0 version it includes timing and interactive overview diagrams. StarUML uses its own file formats with extension called as .mdj extension. Its graphical user interface makes it popular for use. It provides command pallets that enable users to search and execute the commands and install the extension.
7. Edraw Max: Edraw Max is a software which is used to draw flowcharts, mind map, s network diagrams, organizational charts, workflow charts, business charts. Supports operating systems like Windows, Linux, and macOS. To draw diagrams, it provides a wide range of built-in symbols and templates with various categories. Edraw Max is available in two versions – free viewer version and professional editable version. It uses XML file format to save the file. the default file format is .edxz. It supports operating systems like Windows, Linux, and macOS.
8. Pingboard: It is software that is used to make real-time organizational charts. It allows users to share the chart with specific people, can keep private, or accessed by all employees. It automatically updates the information; these features make it more popular.
Draw.io is an online diagram editor. Here we have discussed various alternatives for draw.io. Each has its own features and functions. Based on the requirements and usability you can adopt one of these available alternatives.
This is a guide to Draw.io Alternatives. Here we discuss the Introduction, list of Draw.io Alternatives. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –