Introduction to Davinci Resolve Shortcuts
Davinci Resolve shortcuts can understand as combination of keys of keyboard for quick access of any command or option of this software. By suing shortcuts we can increase efficiency of our work in this software and there is number of shortcuts for using number of command and option during working with any project on this software. You can use shortcut for opening Source/timeline viewer, Extract current node or several advance tools and option involves in it. It not only offers shortcut for tools but also has shortcuts for performing basic command such as cut, copy, paste, auto color and so on.
Shortcuts of Davinci Resolve
So are you exciting for learning about almost every shortcut of this software? So let us delve with them.
- Source/Timeline viewer (Q): For having Source or timeline viewer you can press Q button of keyboard.
- Extract Current Selected Node (E): If you want to extract current selected node from other node then you can simple press E button.
- Grade from Two Clips Prior (-): For applying Grade from Two Clips Prior you can press – button of keyboard.
- Grade from One Clip Prior (=): For apply grade from One Clip Prior just press = button of keyboard.
- Enable or Disable clip (D): If you want to enable or disable clip from current working track then you can press D button of keyboard.
- Match Frame (F): It is necessary to match frame with other for proper result of our work in this software and you can do this by pressing F button of keyboard.
- Add Flag (G): For specify any component in your work add flag to it and by this you can identify that component easily. The shortcut of it is G button of keyboard.
- Toggle hand or Selection In Window (H): Toggle hand or Selection In Window can do by pressing H button of keyboard.
- Go to previous Frame ([): By pressing [ button of keyboard you can go to previous frame any time very quickly.
- Go to Next Frame ([): Press ] button of keyboard and it will take you to next key frame.
- Play Reverse (J): If you want to play any video in reverse frame for different type of purpose you can press J button of keyboard as shortcut of it.
- Play Forward (L): Same as Play Reverse you can do Play Forward by pressing L button of keyboard.
- Stop (K): By pressing K button of keyboard you can stop playing clip or track on working screen of this software.
- Go to First Frame (;): For making different type of adjustment in first frame you can use ‘Go to First Frame’ option and shortcut of it is ; button of keyboard.
- Go to Last Frame (’): Press ’ button for going to Last frame of any video footage.
- Play around (/): For playing around current selected frame you can press / button of keyboard.
- Go to Starting of Timeline (Home): For going to starting of Timeline press Home button of keyboard.
- Go to End of Timeline (End): Pressing End button of keyboard will take you at the end of the Timeline.
- Go to previous clip (Up Arrow)/ Go to next clip (Down Arrow): For going to previous clip press Up Arrow button of keyboard and for going to next clip press Down Arrow button of keyboard.
- Set Mark In (I)/ Set Mark Out (O): For ‘Set Mark In’ option press I button of keyboard and for ‘Mark Out’ press O button of keyboard.
- Mark clip (X): For Marking clip which you may edit later you can press X button of keyboard.
- Add Marker (M): Pressing M button of keyboard will add Maker at your desired place on Timeline.
- Insert (F9)/ Overwrite (F10)/ Replace edit (F11)/ Place On (F12): Press F9 functional key of keyboard for Insert Edit option, F10 for overwrite edit, F11 for replace edit and F12 for Place on top edit option.
- Delete (Backspace): Pressing Backspace button of keyboard will delete selected element of working screen.
- Dynamic Trim mode (W)/Time Mode (T): If you want to go in Dynamic Trim mode then you can press W button of keyboard as shortcut key of it and press T button of keyboard for Trim mode.
- Select Forward clip (Y): If you want to take you selected clip forward on current track then selected you desired clip and press Y button of keyboard.
- Edit Point (U): You can press U button of keyboard for Edit Point type option.
- Normal Editing Mode (A): There is also Normal Editing mode in this software and it will come by pressing A button.
- Selected Nearest Editing Point (V): If you press V button of keyboard it will selected nearest editing point on working track.
- Blade (B): Press B button of keyboard for selecting Blade tool.
- Snapping On/Off (N): You can easy switch between Snapping On and Off option by just pressing N button.
- Nudge on Frame left (,)/Nudge on Frame right (.): , button of keyboard is shortcut for Nudge on Frame left option and . button of keyboard is shortcut of Nudge on Frame right option.
These were some of those shortcuts which involve mostly during working on editing of video in this software. Now let us discuss some basic shortcuts of this software.
- New Timeline (Ctrl + N)/ New Bin (Shift + N): Press Ctrl + N for having new Timeline for new work and if you press Ctrl + Shift + N then it will give you new Bin.
- Cut (Ctrl + X)/ Clear Mark In or Mark Out (Alt + X): Press Ctrl + X for cut and Alt + X for clearing Mark In or Mark Out.
- Copy (Ctrl + C)/ Add Serial Node + CPW (Alt + C): Ctrl + C will copy your selected element of working window whereas Alt + C will add Serial Node + CPW.
- Paste (Ctrl + V): Ctrl + V button of keyboard is for pasting your copied element at your desired place in your work.
- Select All (Ctrl + A)/ Deselect all (Ctrl + Shift + A): Ctrl + A will select all components of editing track or video and by pressing Ctrl + Shift + A you can deselect all.
- Auto Color (Alt +A): For Auto Color option press Alt + A button of keyboard.
- Go to Next Marker (Shift + Down Arrow key): If you press Shift + Down arrow key of keyboard then you will go to next marker on track or clip.
- Go to Previous Marker (Shift + Up Arrow key): For going to previous marker press Shift + Up arrow key of keyboard.
- Enable or Disable Current Node (Ctrl + D)/ Enable or Disable All Node (Shift + D): Ctrl + D will enable or disable current node as per your choice and Alt + D will enable or disable all nodes.
- Bypass All grades (Shift + D): You can press Shift + D for Bypass All grades option.
- Quit program (Ctrl + Q)/Add Serial Node + LPW (Alt +Q): Ctrl + Q will quit program or the software whereas Alt + Q will work for ‘Add Serial Node + LPW’ option.
We think these are enough shortcuts for having good expertise in this software.
You can now take these shortcuts in your use so that efficiency of your work increases and time consumption for that work decreases. It is not difficult to remember shortcut keys, you just have to take them in your habit during working on this software and it will automatically set in your mind.
This is a guide to Davinci Resolve Shortcuts. Here we also discuss the introduction and shortcuts of davinci resolve along with a detailed explanation. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –