Difference Between Datadog vs New Relic
The Datadog is defined as a SaaS type monitoring service that can be used in web applications. The Datadog was launched in the year 2011. This platform is now capable of monitoring the networking capability, managing the network infrastructure, and monitoring mobile applications and web applications. The New Relic is another type of monitoring platform launched in 2008 that is used to monitor the mobile application and web application in real-time. The applications that run in a hybrid cloud or public cloud can also be monitored using the New Relic tool.
Head to Head Comparison between Datadog vs New Relic (Infographics)
Below are the top 4 comparisons between Datadog vs New Relic:
Key differences between Datadog vs New Relic
Let us discuss some key differences between Datadog vs New Relic in the following points:
1. Both types of tool that are datadog and new trelic, are used as a monitoring platform used to monitor mobile application and web applications. The difference between these two is the capability set. In datadog tool, strong infrastructure monitoring can be provided that can also use to monitor log files while in a new relic platform, the monitoring of applications is done. The new relic platform has a strong capability set compared to the datalog tool.
2. The other key difference between both tools is the ease of use. Both tools provide interactive web interface tools that help the user use the platform and monitor the web and mobile applications. The Datadog uses the straightforward UI & also provides the functionality of creating the dashboard, and in New relic, the troubleshooting options are there that is not easy to learn. The users can get proper insights using both the platform but the installation of datadog is more trivial compare to New relic.
3. The other key difference between both platforms is community support. The Datadog has strong community support, and there are many APIs in the repository, and the platform has the strong support of the community. In New Relic, the community support is very strong, and the user can post their queries and submit the forums and get the response in no time. The New Relic platform has additional community features as there are blogs, meetups, and you can also get social support via social media channels. In the Datadog platform, the user can reach through email and phones only, while in a new relic platform, the user has multiple options like email, phone, training, and tickets.
4. The other key difference between both the platform is the pricing of the tool. Both the platform is available in the paid version, and when we compared both the platform, the New Relic platform is costlier compared to Datadog. The price of the datadog platform is around $15, while the new relic platform’s price is $75. There is also a free version available for both the platform.
5. The other difference between both the platform is prominent clients. The datadog prominent clients are Samsung, Adobe, EA, Hearst Magazines, Citrix, HP, Spotify, and Facebook. On the other hand, the New Relic platform’s prominent client is Microsoft, NBC, Groupon, and Sony Intuit.
6. The Datadog platform and New Relic platform are available for different types of devices. The Datadog platform is available for the Windows, Mac, and Linux type platforms. On the other hand, the New Relic platform supports numerous devices like Windows, Android, Linux, Mac, iPhone, Windows Mobile, and Web-based platforms. When a comparison is made based on available devices, the New Relic platform is way ahead of the Datadog platform.
7. The other difference between both the tool is cost visibility. The Datadog is a clear winner when it is compared to the New Relic platform based on cost visibility. Datadog uses a clear pricing model that determines the product cost and also calculates the price as per user usage. In the New Relic platform, the price distribution is not clear, that it can create problems for the user as they will not know how much they are spending while using the platform.
8. The core difference between both the platform is integration. The integration is defined as a connection with some third-party libraries like AWS, Mongo, Pingdom, or Redis. Both types of tools have the power to integrate with different cloud-based providers. However, when we compare both the tools, the Datadog tools support over 350 plus integration, where in New Relic, the number is only 262 integrations.
Comparison Table of Datadog vs New Relic
The table below summarizes the comparisons between Datadog vs New Relic:
|Alert||Datadog tool is capable of sending the alert when anything unusual happens in the platform. By getting an alert, the user can take appropriate actions according to that.||In the New Relic platform, the alert feature is very complex, and when the system generates an alert, it is not easy to understand the alert by the new relic platform.|
|Customer experience||The customer experience level for datadog is higher, then it is compared to the New Relic platform. The UI of the platform is very simple and easy to use.||The New Relic is also a strong platform that provides numerous features to the user, but when we compare based on user experience, the new relic is behind from datadog tool.|
|Pricing model||The free version is not present in the Datadog platform, and users need to $15 per month to use the platform.||The New Relic provides a 14-day free trial version to its user to test the platform and take the paid version, having cost $75.|
|Feature list||The Datadog platform has numerous features:
||The New Relic platform has numerous feature:
The monitoring process is defined as an essential business, and thus it creates the demand for monitoring tools. The Datadog platform and New Relic platform are strong monitoring platforms that provide numerous features to their customers. The Datadog tool is comparatively better than the New Relic platform, but the right monitoring platform’s selection is completely dependent on user requirements.
This is a guide to the top differences between Datadog vs New Relic. Here we discuss the key differences between Datadog vs New Relic with infographics and a comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –
- IPS Tools | Top 7 Different IPS Tools
- Introduction to IDS Tools | Brief Explanation
- Types of Network Security Attacks
- Cyber Security Tools