Introduction to Datadog Alternatives
Datadog is one of the most commonly used cloud-scale monitoring services. It is mainly employed by the IT organizations that work on an application that may require hybrid or dynamic cloud infrastructure. The reason for using a datadog is it has powerful UI and easy to integrate, better metrics, monitoring of databases, web servers, and other applications, etc. But it is not like that this task can be only carried out by datadog. There are many other alternatives available and in this article we are going to see a few of them in brief.
As we know that datadog is an analytics and monitoring tool that finds it a specialized application cloud-scale application. Datadog allows us to keep the track of all of the system applications and its services, databases, etc from the centralized Saas Platform. Datadog can be integrated with over 250 plus built-in tools and systems. The metrics gathered from theses installed agents will be further used for visualizations and generating reports.
Before going to the alternatives let us look in brief the area where datadog is employed and how the alternatives can be used in these areas. Datadog can be used mainly in two areas and they are
- Application and Infrastructure Monitoring: Datadog with respect to this area will monitor the health of the network, real-time monitoring of the infrastructure, and applications. Datadog can also monitor the applications and infrastructures on modern distributed architectures such as the cloud in real-time. Application performance monitoring and infrastructure monitoring very much required as these use shared resources. Datadog will generates a graph like reports which can be studied for any unexpected latencies and errors
- Log Processing and Monitoring: Datadog has advanced features with which complex issues can be sorted by its ability to process the logs tat are automatically generated by log generating tools.
Top Datadog Alternatives
let us look at some of the alternatives for the datadog for the application and log monitoring.
We can summarise the features of Loggly as below
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Resource Monitoring
- monitoring SLA compliance
- Cloud Monitoring
- KPI Reporting
- Error Detection and Generating Alerts
Librato is also provided by the SolarWinds, and is one of the better alternatives to datadog with SaaS-based service to monitor and analyze metrics. The updated version of the librato is called as AppOptics. This tool also integrates infrastructure, servers, and application monitoring into one centralized solution like the datadog. Labrato is designed for DevOps and other engineering teams to analyzed any critical error while monitoring the application and infrastructure. This librato will offer charting, information sharing, and flexible dash boarding for better visualization of the teams. Librato also supports integration with various tools and hence it is also used for any particular debugging and also analyzing specific performance problems.
The summarized capabilities of the librato are below
- centralized application performance monitoring
- infrasture monitoring
- log processing
- more the 150 integrations
This is again popular mentoring software which is primarily employed by cloud base platforms. It provides application monitoring performance (APM) and also artificial intelligence for the operations which is referred in short as “AIOps”, cloud infra monitoring, and digital express management DEM. It monitoring with around 130 sources such as Amazon EC2, Hyper-v, Docker, etc and also can integrate with more than 30 tools. It can integrate with Slack, Hipchat, Jira, etc. It is basically an agent-based platform. We need to install OneAgent on the host to automatically detect and monitor the source environments. After successful installation of the agent then it offers full visibility of the source environment or in other words whole stack.
Some of the features of dynatrace are below:
- Artificial Intelligence-powered APM
- Error detection and event analytics
- better metrics visualization
- monitoring for cloud, network, virtualization, server, containers, slack, logs,
4. New Relic
New Relic is an application or infrastructure performance management software designed especially for DevOps. New Relic provides full visualization of its cloud infrastructure source and its applications. IT can provide monitoring for applications that are in hybrid environments. Unlike datadog or loggly all the features are not included in one package for the new relic. New relic is based on a set of products like New relic APM, New Relic Mobile, New Relic Browser, New Relic Infrastructure, New Relic Synthetics, New Relic Insights, etc.
Features of the New Relic can be summarized in below points
- New Relic provides Dynamic Server Management and monitoring for cloud, on-premises and hybrid environments.
- This gives complete visualization of APM and more deep insights for the applications performances and its bottlenecks.
- Provide browser where once visualize the front end environment management
- New Relic Mobile produce will provide monitoring for mobile applications and also its backend
- Faster debugging and monitoring is achieved by employing new relic
- With New Relic Insist, once can gather important data and keep the track upon the real- time events.
As we all know datadog is SaaS-based monitoring tool which can integrate with over 250+ tools, there are few better alternatives that can be used in place of datadog and we have used this article to describe a few of the poplar ones. Choice of the product for your monitoring operations is purely dependent on the requirement of the use case, the budget provided by the client and other factors.
This is a guide to Datadog Alternatives. Here we discuss an introduction to Datadog Alternatives, an explanation with top 4 Alternatives in detail understanding. You can also go through our other related articles to learn more –