About Project Management Professional
An abbreviation for Project Management Professional, PMP is the much sought-after project management certification course in the world. This is a widespread and popular credential for most project managers in the US and the Asian continent. PMP is built on the assumption that the candidates pursuing it have already been working as project managers at their present jobs and want to grow further and attain a higher level of understanding into what make projects click and achieve tremendous success.
Knowing the Institute
The Project Management Institute (PMI) is a world-renowned and highly recognized organization instituted for the promotion and induction of project management skills among professionals across the globe. This institute churns out high profile project managers with a view to empower projects and organizations with standard project management best practices. Founded in 1969, PMI got the world together to recognize industry best practices to be followed across different industries, businesses, and organizations, with a world view of helping them to bring out the best with regard to their processes and functioning.
Gradually, PMI started gaining constant accolades for their work and standardizations and it then started offering certification courses such as the certification in question, Project Management Professional (PMP). This certification gathered a huge chunk of managerial aspirants to come together and be part of a unique learning experience while promoting PM practices. As these certifications gained popularity, so did the wave of adoption of best practices and methodologies swamped businesses and organizations. Individuals would study hard and gain a lot of exposure with the PMP certification course only to bring about great and continuous improvements to different business outputs.
PMP is an advanced certification for those professionals who have completed their Bachelor’s degree and have already completed 3 years of extensive project management works. It is an industry-recognized certification that offers a high-competitive edge to the recipients on the global business and project management stage. With PMP, you will be instantly accredited as a professional project manager as with this certification you will have to go through a rigorous test and training to master your role within the project. A PMP certification on the outlook demonstrates a great deal of experience and knowledge in the field of project management while also demonstrating a high level of competency on the part of the individual taking up the certification.
PMP-certified project managers are expected to undertake heavy-duty endeavors such as turning strategic plans and goals into tangible and realistic objectives and actions, reorganizations of systems, introductions of systemic revolutions within the organization, and perfect balancing of the triple constraints clause within projects of different shapes and sizes.
PMP urges candidates and hopefuls to document their work experience and take the online tests as needed. I’ve enlisted the requirement in totality for the PMP experience:
- 35 hours of registered project management education is needed
- Secondary diploma or global equivalent degree is needed or Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent is needed
- Category 1 includes: 60 months of unique and distinctive, non-overlapping professional management experience, during which at least 7500 hours of directing and leading of the project has taken place OR Category 2 includes: 36 months of unique and distinctive, non-overlapping professional management experience, during which at least 4500 hours of leading and directing of the project has taken place
- You will need to collect 60 PDUs (professional development units) within a period of 3 years to apply for re-certification
- Members of the PMI will pay $405 for the test, while non-members will have to pay $555
- PMI memberships cost $32 for students but as an individual you pay $139
The online examination looks something like this:
- 175 scored multiple-choice questions
- 25 pretest multiple-choice questions
- 4 hours for the completion of the examination
While at the end of the day it is the experience and caliber you possess that makes you worth an awesome project, nowadays, the PMP certification course offered by PMI is bringing in some stardust to sprinkle on your resume and work experience that could benefit you immensely and welcome you into the fraternity of project managers, aiming to break the jinx of unsuccessful projects or unruly management across the different industries.
Certifications are a basic means of unifying the entire profession of project managers with a view to creating a common language to look up to and to be able to help project managers turn to standard practices while executing different projects. This has been proven to improve a project’s performance tremendously.
While a certification to your name doesn’t necessarily make you better than a non-certified project manager, it is based on your caliber to pull it off and help you benefit from it. All the training and hours spent on concentrating on your profession will always give you an edge in this competitive world.
- Project Management Professional – Dive first hand into the wide array of PMP and learn the very basics that are going to help you get that dream credential right next to your name.
- Important Concepts in PMP – In this section, you will learn about the important concepts that drive PMP and its importance in the field of project management. This section identifies with the matrix organization for smooth project management. You will also learn about the project life cycle and its phases.
- Project Integration Management – In this section, you will get a glimpse into managing integrations and various models used for project initiations. Learn how to create a project charter and determining NPV and payback periods.
- Project Scope Management – In this section, you will learn everything there is to managing scope and the different tools and techniques there are to managing it. Collecting requirements is an important stage in scope management, learn how to master this art and get quickly to define the scope of your project using Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), INPUTS, and T&T. Valid your scope and efficiently control it for the best of your project.
- Project Time Management – Managing time is an important skill to harness when you’re in-charge of a project. Being a professional would include managing time to the best of your capability. Getting to the vein of this area, you will learn the various concepts pertaining to time and the consumption of time by activities and task. You will learn the relevance of schedules and how important is time management for your project once you reach that level of management.
There are many such sections taking you through each and every nuance within the project management paradigm. Learning to become a professional needs you to know and familiarize yourself with every concept there is to the profession. This training course will enable you to do just this.
What Are the Requirements/Prerequisites for This Online Training Course?
There are very basic requirements from our side for this online training course, but you will need to be equally aware of the requirement posed by PMI for the PMP certification. Getting there and fulfilling those requirements, you would need our help. The requirements you need to fulfill to undertake this training course are as follows:
- Basic understanding of project management and its various methodologies
- Experience on a project, size of the project doesn’t matter
- Management experience won’t be necessary as this is a prep course; but PMI’s PMP will require that you have a sizable experience to your name
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Passion to continuously learn about project management and stay up to date about various tools and techniques
This training course is intended for business professionals who focus precisely on project management within their organization or those who want to work as a project management consultant. Apart from these, PMP can be extremely beneficial to the following professionals:
- Project Managers
- Project team members
- Project Sponsors
- Project Consultants
- Project Professionals
- Quality Managers
FAQs – General Questions
- Do I need to be CAPM, PMP, PMI-ACP, or a PMI member to gain a PMI credential?
No. You don’t need any other credential as a prerequisite for a PMI credential. You don’t necessarily have to be a PMI member as well to gain a PMI certification.
- How do I apply for the PMP exam?
PMI’s PMP exam details are available at PMI’s website at www.pmi.org. There is an online application procedure for PMP certification. Along with the procedure and details, The PMP Credential Handbook is also available in PDF format on the PMI website for you to understand what is required by the institute and the examination.
- How much time does it take to prepare for the PMP certification exam?
The time taken by each candidate will differ as per their experience as a project manager and as a project professional. It also depends on their level of familiarity with the entire project management terminology in conjunction with the terminologies stated by PMI. On an average basis, you are expected to be well-prepared by spending at 2-3 hours per day for a time period of at least 2 month in preparation.
- What will be provided by eduCBA once I enroll for the prep training?
eduCBA believes in getting education and training to you with great levels of quality and simplicity. Providing you with the comfort to learn and grow is our aim. With this course enrollment you will receive the following:
- Lifetime access to PMP Exam Prep Training course online, with all the study material based on PMBOK 5th Edition.
- 37+ hours of videos, more than 203 lectures
- Support from the author of the course material for your questions
- 24×7 customer support
- Definitive PMP training requirement
- Course completion certificate and transcript
- Is only PMBOK sufficient for my PMP exam preparation?
There’s no doubt that PMBOK is your bible while you attempt to take your PMP exams, which means you should read PMBOK for sure. But, only PMBOK is not sufficient for your to ace your PMP exams. The PMBOK, though it encompasses every terminology and technique there is to project management best practices, it is more like a dictionary and provides all and only theory. There are also some concepts PMBOK does not cover although PMI includes those concepts in the PMP Exam. Therefore, in addition to PMBOK, it’s essential that you study from another resource as well. One of them and most prominently it is the online training course provided by eduCBA.
Very helpful training for my PMP. I was able to ace it in my first attempt all thanks to eduCBA for providing a great and enriching environment to study and prepare for this exam. This course is highly recommended for all PMP aspirants.
I wasn’t too excited with the prospects of undertaking a random course but as I dived deeper into knowing how eduCBA actually catered to its vast audience, I was assured that this right here was the right deal. Very innovative method of teaching and undertaking training. The material enhances PMBOK magnificently. I’m extremely excited to put this new found knowledge to use at my workplace and earn that PMP credential for myself. Worth the money I spent.
Just what a PMP student needs, the right guiding hand to take them through it all. eduCBA helped me a lot in the past and once again it strikes the magic wand. Amazing training. Fulfilling experience. PMP and project management made easy!
- A PMP certification looks really good on your resume; giving you that added benefit
- It’s a certificate to give validity to your project management experience
- PMP certification can give you an improved pay scale to work with
- A PMP certification can give you vast networking opportunities and mega job openings
- Certifies your commitment toward project management
- This certification is globally renowned
- The training is vast and rigorous and ensures that you fill any gaps between your knowledge base and the collection of tools and techniques in project management
- The knowledge gained is expandable and spans a wide range of industries
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s PMP Training- Exam Prep courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|