About Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
In an era as fast-paced as ours, it’s imperative for organizations and individuals alike to keep up the pace with the latest tools and techniques that encourage organizations to achieve a competitive edge over others in the race. With Six Sigma, organizations aim at considerably utilizing different resources and continually improving quality standards and eliminating defects or errors from products and services. Lean on the other hand encourages organizations to eliminate all kinds of waste (or MUDA) from manufacturing units or processes. An amalgamation of Six Sigma and Lean yields a sophisticated product improvement powerhouse within an organization.
Problems are effectively identified, evaluated, and resolved using the tools and techniques employed by this methodology we now call Lean Six Sigma, with a view to improving quality, cost, and delivery. The amalgamation of Lean and Six Sigma is very much required as Lean cannot statistically control a process and Six Sigma alone cannot dramatically improve the speed of the processes in the workflow.
Lean Six Sigma adopts the certification mechanism from Six Sigma, where different colored belts are credited to an individual who exhibits the necessary standards of Lean Six Sigma and who can successfully implement the different tools and techniques, intended by the methodology, in the organizational structure. The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification inculcates best practices among team leaders and business experts who are keen at problem-solving and overall business improvement of the different processes in their departments or functional groups. It’s the lower level certification and normally you have the Black Belts as mentors and coaches. The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification validates your claim to the vast reserves of knowledge in the methodology that is the premier methodology for quality in any industry or business.
The DMAIC Framework
Lean Six Sigma is an improvement methodology using the DMAIC framework (abbreviation for Define – Measure – Analyze – Improve – Control). This discipline allows Lean Six Sigma adopters the framework to put in a systematic tinge to the entire functioning of the methodology. It’s relies on a data-driven approach and strategy deployed to improve processes with quality as the main agenda. We will look at these phases within the framework and what goes on in each one of them.
In this phase, the problem or the issue at hand is defined in a clear and concise manner. Apart from defining and identifying the problem, the steps towards conducting the improvement are also defined. The project is established and the project goals are slated to be in place, along with customer and client requirements. Key components within this phase are mentioned as follows:
- Linking success metrics to the voice of customer (VOC) and voice of business (VOB)
- Identifying the different forms of Muda or waste
- Identifying opportunities and creating project charters to explain the project objectives and goals
- Creating process maps to using tools such as SIPOC, process mapping diagrams, and more
In this phase, the performance rendered by the process is measured and statistical data is captured. This performance is the value accumulated and streamed from one point of the process to another.
- Value stream mapping
- Current vs. Ideal state mapping (processing time and throughput)
- Data patterns
In this phase, analysis is made on the data collected and on the process to identify the various reasons that could cause the problem and the root cause is determined, based on the variations and the number of defects/errors.
- Cause and Effect diagrams
- Qualitative Process Analysis
- Pareto Analysis
- Box Plots
- Scatter Plots
In this phase, the root cause of the problem is addressed and eliminated. Improvement in overall performance is noted and all the plans are executed to perfection.
- Process Flow Improvement
- Little’s Law
- Quick Improvement Tools
- Simple Pull Systems
- Visual Aids
In this phase, control and monitoring mechanisms are deployed to control the environment in which the improvement plan has been executed. These mechanisms will monitor the future performance of the process under the scanner.
- Visual Control
- Preventive maintenance
- Continuous improvement
- Source inspection/Mistake proofing
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Course Description
- Basic Concepts and Terminologies – In this section, you will be able to dive deep into Six Sigma team formation and all the intricacies of VOC and QFD. Learn what a project charter is and how to create one in the world of Lean Six Sigma.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – Enter into the world of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and get introduced to Lean Manufacturing and the theory of constraints. Open a whole new concept of value within the processes and mapping of the entire value stream. Learn about the 7 wastes (MUDA) within manufacturing and how the entire workflow deals with wastes and learns to eliminate them. In this section, you will be introduced to concepts such as the 5S [sort (seiri), set (seiton), shine (seiso), standardize (seiketsu), and sustain (shitsuke)], Poka Yoke, SMED, and Lean-Kanban.
- Measure – In this section, you will learn all that there is to the measure phase of Lean Six Sigma and all the tools and techniques you can rely upon during your implementation of Lean Six Sigma as a Green Belt.
- Analyze – In this section, you will learn all that there is to the Analyze phase of Lean Six Sigma and all the tools and techniques you can rely upon during your implementation of Lean Six Sigma as a Green Belt.
- Improve & Control – In this section, you will learn all that there is to the Improve and Control phases of Lean Six Sigma and all the tools and techniques you can rely upon during your implementation of Lean Six Sigma as a Green Belt.
What Are the Requirements/Prerequisites for this Online Training Course?
Inducing quality into a process requires sound knowledge of the ways to get to that level of quality, and this sound knowledge comes to quality professionals through certifications and credentials such as Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training is one course that’s going to help you achieve that credential for yourself through ways and means of this vast curriculum. To be able to completely absorb the course materials and its offering, it’s essential that you have the following prerequisites at hand:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic quality management knowledge
- Experience with a quality management team
- Basic project management or manufacturing/production knowledge
- Zeal to continuously learn
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training encompasses a wide range of topics that can be learned at any point in your work experience, whether you’re new to Lean Six Sigma or an experienced executive or manager. This Green Belt will help you gain enough knowledge to climb through the ranks at your organization and put you at a great spot when it comes to the know-how.
As the combination of Lean and Six Sigma caters to a wide audience in the industrial phase of businesses, the Green Belt training will also naturally encompass a wider scale. This training is specially designed with the importance and gravity of Lean Six Sigma within different industries that allow professionals to overcome quality-related obstacles and bring about process improvement and quality gains of the highest level. This course is ideal for:
- Those with heavy responsibility of continually improving operations and their performance
- Those with experience of being part of a team slated to improve process performance and efficiency
- Those who have a keen desire to learn the different analytical methodologies involved in Lean Six Sigma
- Quality Assurance Engineers, Project Managers, Team Leaders, Software Professionals, Project Management Practitioners, Software Quality Assurance team members, Quality Analysts, Quality Managers, Quality Control Executives, Operation Managers, and Senior Managers
- A complete team of managers involved in organization-wide implementation of Lean Six Sigma
- Those aspiring to get the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt as their own
- Aspiring project management and quality management students
- Professionals involved in quality research, development, innovations, or business consulting, with regard to continuous process improvement practices
FAQs – General Questions
- Can I use the Lean Six Sigma logo in my organization after achieving the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and implementing the methodology in my organization?
No. Only accredited training organizations and their partners who have been registered can use the Lean Six Sigma logo.
- How long is a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt valid for?
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Theory certifications will not expire and don’t have a defined validity period. Green Belt is achieved only after practical assessment has been undertaken successfully. This certificate remains valid for a period of 5 years after which the professional needs to take the re-assessment examination.
- Are calculators allowed during the Lean Six Sigma Certificate examination?
Yes. You can use your own standard calculator.
- What is the Universally Accepted Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge?
The ILSSBOK is a complete document that defines the topics, expected to be knowledge requirements for a Lean Six Sigma Certified Green Belt.
- Why should I choose to get my Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training from eduCBA?
With the highest level of quality in our content, we bring you study material, replete with examples and real-world scenarios that you will never find anywhere else. Our course experts have put together a great curriculum encompassing all the intricacies and nitty-gritties of the training towards becoming a Green Belt. You will be able to sift through the many tools and techniques involved in this improvement methodology to gain the best results and recognition. The curriculum is carefully structured to be effective in the most practical sense and not just conceptual and theoretical.
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification course by eduCBA is truly all-encompassing. It is the best course for individuals who love to learn on their own and who need to be put straight into the right direction. The course curriculum is simple and with a good flow. It starts right from scratch and is very beneficial for all types of experiences. I enjoyed the course and I acquired my Green Belt in lean six sigma through it. I am not a quality manager at a textile firm which has implemented lean six sigma to help the business. Highly recommended to all.
I have enrolled for many courses and training by eduCBA and I believe these course to be highly effective for me to start off with. Very informative and simple to understand. The videos are very structure. Good job to the team at eduCBA for spreading the learning experience of quality and Green Belt. Looking forward to gaining the Black Belt next.
Thanks to the support team for all the trouble they took. They provided me with great support and attended to all my queries in a timely manner. Green Belt certification is made easy with this training and course. The study material is very unique as I have other colleagues who have taken course from other online places. EduCBA is a good choice. Go for it.
You can yield many career benefits from this online training for your Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. A few of them are mentioned as follows:
- You will be able to successfully execute DMAIC projects and Kaizen events to resolve different business issues and projects
- Lean concepts such as 5S, mistake proofing, and value stream mapping can help you implement improvement methods for your department
- You will be able to effectively manage a team and recognize the worth of leadership.
- You will be able to work on securing cost and time savings across the business
- You will be able to boost of professional development, along with team member and customer satisfaction
- Becoming a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is an opportunity to gain invaluable tools and great experience
- You will be able to display prowess of Six Sigma methods and produce significant benefits from the techniques applied in Lean
- You will be able to ignite several creative-thinking modules that can be used for out-of-the-box solutions whenever needed
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|