MOS Excel 2010 Training Courses
Microsoft Excel 2010 is a Microsoft excel certified program to authenticate a Microsoft professional to easily and professionally operate all the MS Excel tools and applications. It makes a user proficient in all the spreadsheet functionalities like graphic tools, formulas, charts, calculators, macro programming language, and other important tools.
Recruits now feel that just by having functional knowledge of Excel is not enough, candidates must acquire industry standard certification to proof themselves expert in the same. The Microsoft Excel is globally recognized certificate program that can be beneficial for the candidate and help him or her have a competitive advantage over non-certified professionals.
What are benefits of having Microsoft Excel Certification program?
A Microsoft Excel certification is a proof of your capabilities and to help recruiters get the gist of knowledge you have about MOS Excel 2010. The exam material also provides something technical to be discussed during the time of interview. As per the studies by CompTIA, MOS certification can have a chance of nine percent increase in your salary and 29 percent in the years to come. It is also found that a recruiter feels more comfortable to appoint a candidate who shows certificate even though they seek higher salary than non-certified ones. In almost 60 percent of the cases, a candidate has got the job because of the MOS excel 2010 certification. These certifications make you stand apart than the rest of the crowd, to give you recognition and better pay scale.
What the Microsoft Excel 2010 training includes
The training includes the comprehensive teaching of excel and everything that is necessary for becoming Microsoft certified in Excel 2010. It includes e-learning, complete study guide, practice tests including the teaching of the skills like the formatting of the cells, creating pivot tables, and writing about If equations and much more.
Who can attain MS Excel Certification
No professional or academic eligibility is needed to apply for the MS Excel certification. Candidates are just needed to have the latest software to install on their computers to give their online exam. They need:
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 or higher
- NET Framework 4.0 or higher
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0 or higher
- High-speed broadband
- Internet explorer
Once a candidate has applied for the exam, he or she will be scheduled an examination data and sample papers for practice from Microsoft IT Academy.
What is a general format of exam?
- The exam is known as Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Excel 2010.
- The minimum pass score is 700
- The test is of time duration 60 minutes
Exams are held every Friday from 11am to 5pm and at the center allotted. MOS exam is performance-based and is conducted in the live or simulated environment, Candidates are given tasks to do on excel that test the level of their preparedness, skill and the knowledge they have in the same. The exam results are displayed as soon as you have submitted your paper and an official certificate will be dispatched at your mentioned address within next couple of weeks.
Once the candidate has cleared the exam he or she would be dispatched certification.
How you can get Microsoft Excel Certification?
- It is highly suggested to go through Microsoft certification study guide before appearing for the MOS exam. You can purchase the study guides from the official website of Microsoft. Though doing and clearing the MS Excel certification is not very tough yet it is very important to remain focused and have knowledge of the complete functionalities.
- It is best to download practice exams and go through the samples objectives. These practice tests would sure help you to comprehend your skills and give you an idea of the overall structure of the paper.
- The questions asked in the exams are not tough but you have to build your confidence. The test is practical oriented, the way you use the application in your day to day operational area.
- Once the candidate has passed the certificate he would earn recognition from Microsoft. It would be emailed to you. You can take out the printouts and make use of the tag beside your name in CV.
Educba brings the course on MOS: Excel 2010 that would give you the better understanding of the important topics and concepts of MOS: Excel 2010.
There are two sections of the course: Basic Excel and Advanced Level Excel
Know Basic level of Excel functionalities
You would learn and understand all basic level of functionalities of Excel. All functionalities will be explained with the help of case study like
- Getting started with Quick toolbar or Help Button
- How to do Data Entry
- Doing calculations, adding formulas, calculating percentages and absolute references, Formatting table formats or number formats,
- Inserting If functions
- Creating charts/graphs
- Creating pivot table
- Presenting table formats.
- Presenting indents and formatting charts
- Selecting data and formula.
- Correcting common errors
- Download pdf files.
Besides, students would be learning about much more functionalities and features.
In Section 2
In this section students are taught:
- Office Button and Paste functionality
- Sparkling custom buttons and screen shots
- Conditional formatting and equation editor
- How to add Logical functions if and or
- Adding different kinds of arithmetic functions
- Choose function, Lookup function, Match index, offset function, forecast function
- Know about creating dimensional data tables
- Get an understanding of Array functionalities
- Creating proper pivot table and pivot charts and filter slicer
- Creating different kinds of charts and Histograms
- How to protect worksheet and workbook
- Know about invert negativities
- How to download all excel and pdf files and much more.
After learning all the ins and outs of Microsoft Excel Certificate, students are ensured of advancement in their career. This certification would help students to gain recognition and mastery of the skills. Besides getting recognition, there is no stoppage in career growth and increase in pay scale for the candidates.
Study Tips and Tricks for Examination
In the exam, once you have answered the question, there is no provision for you to go back to correct the answer, so be very careful in answering each question. It is also highly advised that you do not waste so much of your time on one question but allot equal time to all the questions. The important aspect of both the Microsoft word and Excel 2010 exams is the ribbon and should have an understanding of common functionalities.
To achieve success in the exam it is also important to get familiarized with the different ways to reach the goal. For instance, if you are learning to create a table, you should also know the method of Inserting Table Dialog Box, insert a Quick Table, use a table to control page layout etc.
It is best to practice familiar tasks in different ways, for instance by using a shortcut or creating a ribbon button and understand and learn different terminologies used.
- I have Microsoft office 2007/2013 that I suppose I can use it?
No, a Certificate exam is conducted for a specific version. If you are giving exam for 2010, you need to have Microsoft Excel 2010 only.
- I have windows XP, is that ok?
For Microsoft 2010 you need to have at least Windows 7
- Is certificate in Excel 2010 valuable?
Yes, certificate in Excel 2010 is very valuable, though there are some differences in Excel 2010 and 2013 yet the majority of what has been learned is valid and important. The majority of the people are still using Excel 2010.
- I have learned and can understand Excel really well; do I really need training and go for certification?
Even though you understand everything and are confident of the knowledge you have still you need to refresh yourself and memorize the things that you don’t use regularly. You might also be learning the things that you may not have learned before. Excel is not a simple spreadsheet but a complete program in itself and a very powerful tool.
- Can I take few preparatory exams again and is that valuable?
That is not required as it does not give enough of content to prepare. The practice exams remain the same. If you have opted for project 1, you would be getting the same set of questions over and over again. In the main exam, you would be getting random questions.
- If I don’t pass the exam for the first time, can I reappear for the exam again?
As per the Microsoft office retake policy July 1, 2014,
- If a candidate does not get a passing score at the first attempt, the candidate should wait for 24 hours before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate fails for the second time, he or she must wait for two days before appearing for the exam a third time.
- There is no limit on the number of attempts you can make on the same paper.
- Even if a candidate has got a passing score, he may appear for the exam again.
- I am facing difficulty in getting a passing score, what should I do?
In the majority of the cases, minor mistakes or can misinterpretation can get your answer wrong. If you have been asked to do something in a particular pattern in practice exam, but you have answered the question in a different way you might get less points.
Generally, questions are framed in the way they have to be answered. It is best to follow the pattern. And always remember that the questions are framed to judge your level of understanding and how well you know the program and not how fast you can give the answers.
- If I have passed the MOS Excel Exam, is there any expert level exam that I can give?
Yes, you can appear for expert level exams.
I cannot imagine the level of training I would get in educba. Every functionalities of Excel are explained in depth and very clearly, and this had helped me in scoring well in the certificate exam. I could not have looked for anything more.
In both the sections of excel, I was taught all the functionalities perfectly well. The way they teach, you get each concept clear and you are absolutely ready to appear for the exams.
Learning Excel is a part of my work and the way educba has trained us in it is commendable. I am now clear with those functionalities in which I was facing difficulty and I learned all those features too which are hardly known to many. Each feature is taught in detail and so very carefully that no doubt is left in our mind. We are also made to go through practical sessions which make concepts further clear.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s MOS Excel 2010 – Exam 77-882 Prep courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|