About Microsoft Project Plan 2010
Project Management has never been easier and this solution by Microsoft can help you grasp your project in its entirety to in turn help you again to make project planning and charting simple and easily manageable tasks.
Introduced in 2010 as the best project planning software tool out there, Microsoft slowly outbid mostly all competitors. Coming in as a Windows-based proprietary product by Microsoft, Project 2010 gradually started gaining mainstream accolades for its effective and efficient interface and functionality for the projects it was handling.
Specially designed for Project Managers, Microsoft Project 2010 enables you to conduct the following:
- Develop a plan
- Allocate tasks
- Assign resources
- Track progress
- Manage the budget
- Analyze work trends and workloads
Microsoft Project 2010 is desktop-based project management tool, but it is not to be confused with the Microsoft Office Suite that is available by MS. Along with Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Project, together, are the main components of the Microsoft Office Enterprise Project Management (EPM) product.
What Needs Planning?
Microsoft Project 2010 is aimed at getting project managers in close quarters with the work conducted on their project for them to manage and track the many activities, spread across many resources and timelines. As a project manager, it’s essential to keep a budget in place as well so that you can gain a good level of control on the proceedings. Enabling you to master each of these tasks and activities or phases is Microsoft Project 2010. All these tasks need high level of collaboration and planning and needs project managers and their team members to collaborate on an effective platform to yield the results needed.
MS Project 2010 aims are one-man projects as well as projects consisting of a team, with multiple members. With the ability to list down and organize various tasks8, MS Project 2010 makes it easier for daily tracking and reporting of these activities, thus, contributing to the success of the project in question. With MS Project Server in tow, MS Project can help you share and collaborate on project planning activities from multiple locations with just the need of Internet.
Available in two exquisite editions: standard and professional, MS Project 2010 was the first MS Project Plan software to introduce the use of the Ribbon instead of the standard toolbar present in its earlier, primitive versions. Along with its Office Suite also possessing the functionality and features of the Ribbon, MS Project 2010 gained a whole galore of traction as a fully encompassing features and access to the tools available.
On the reporting front, you can avail of wonderful features including Gantt Charts and other planning features that you could otherwise find in Excel. Plotting a project has also come in handy with MS Project 2010. Inputting crucial start and end dates, tasks that will accumulate to the end goal of the project, timeline and deadline trackers and reminders, and allocation has been incorporated into an Excel-type format to figure out an easy and familiar means of using the sheet. MS Project 2010 also allows for you to plot the project with the end date in mind, that is, reverse or backward planning.
Project Summary, List of today’s tasks, timeline buffer management, and e-mail collaboration are all some of the stunning features that are going to help you with your project management venture. Customization is also a trick up their sleeve and allows for free movement of data and structures required by these pieces of data. Customization of spreadsheets and charts can help you tailor-make your project as per its plan on this amazing software tool.
5 Reasons That Will Make You Choose Microsoft Project 2010
Understanding this application is the sole purpose of this training course, and with this application on board, you surely won’t be second-guessing the power of using it the correct way possible. Bringing to you 5 reasons that MS Project 2010 is your pick:
- Amazing and User-Friendly Interface
- High-end Resource Planning Features
- Flexible Scheduling Implementations and Techniques
- The Task Inspector Feature
- High-level Project Timeline View
Microsoft Project Course Description
- Introduction – Get introduced to this amazing project management desktop-based tool that can help you and any other project managers, across industries reach the management potential and successfully steer their projects to completion, while being able to completely monitor and track the various things that take place during the project plan execution.
- MPP Workspace – Familiarize yourself with the entire workspace that will be all yours as you help plan, track, and monitor your project in the best way possible. The Microsoft Project Plan 2010 is a great medium for you to avail of the many features produced by Microsoft to carefully help you achieve maximum utilization of your time, resources, and money put into a project.
- Creating a Project – Learn from scratch the way of creating a project and even understand the different customization options there are to Microsoft Project Plan 2010. Introduce yourselves to project creation in an orderly and step-by-step manner, thus, encompassing the things you need to take into consideration during project creation on MPP.
- Project Information – Understand the different features offered by Microsoft Project Plan 2010 that help each and every stage of the project initiation, planning, executing, analysis, evaluation, monitoring, and control. Hold onto your horses as you learn about project information (description, dates), tasks, resource allocation and assignment, and views, including cost views and calendar views. Project management was never this easy.
- Detailed Projects – Get into the nitty-gritty of Microsoft Project 2010 and understand how to use and implement WBS codes, Critical Path Method (CPM), Gantt Charting, and Baselines. Get to know about working with project templates and how project outlines, when implemented in MS Project 2010 can help you immensely to plot your project with much ease. Learn about accommodating risks, dependencies, and constraints into your timelines and accordingly move on to allocation of resources and preparation of schedules. Track your overall progress.
What Are the Requirements/Prerequisites for This Online Training?
Project differ from each other and the objectives vary a lot. Considering all the different forms and types of projects there are within different industries, it’s often very difficult to find a project management software tool to be effective with all the conformations presented. MS Project Plan 2010 makes it possible to accommodate all types of convolutions, giving project managers to turn on the flexibility key.
In order to tap on this resourceful tool and be familiar with what it can offer to benefit from our project management work, it’s necessary for you to understand and know the tool from the ground up. eduCBA is now offering you a great opportunity to dive into the deep trenches of practical and application knowledge with regard to MS Project Plan 2010. With newer versions coming in, it’s helpful to master this version that you can use at your office place and enable you to gain a good grip onto these features that are offered. You will need:
- Microsoft Project 2010 should be installed on your computer
- Basic project management knowledge (phases, tools and techniques, principles)
- Basic computer and software handling knowledge
- Basic computer system specifications and Internet
- Eager passion to learn another software tool
With this course on Microsoft Project Plan 2010, we are looking out to beginners who have set out to conquer the world of project management. All have started off with something and somewhere, and we know that MS Project Plan 2010 will be the best project management tool that can get you up and running with your needs. In the requirements, we’ve specified basic project management knowledge, as it would be essential to understand what the tool is capable of doing. With the tool at your side, it’s easy for you to plan out your projects and subsequently, climb through the ladder to reach the best of your potential.
If you’re an experienced project manager, you have surely been in and out of many software tools and systems and have established your stance in the project management frontier. This is not the ideal course for you, but still, if you’re interested in making sure that you know it all when it comes to different tools and systems, take this course and learn more about MS Project Plan 2010 and what it can offer you.
Apart from beginners, the following people can ensure to learn a lot:
- Project team members
- Project executives
- Project schedulers
- Project managers
- Production managers
- Product owners
- Management students
FAQs – General Questions
- Can I register for this course even if I am an international student?
Yes. You very well can. At eduCBA, all our courses are online and you will be able to attend these courses in the comfort of your home/workplace. All you need to access these courses is a simple enrollment.
- Do I need any additional course materials apart from viewing these videos?
No. These videos are self-sufficient and made with every perspective in mind. Should you have doubts or queries, you can contact our support team and they will be more than willing to guide through your every need.
- Do I need to have Microsoft Project 2010 on my PC to access this course?
Having the software would only help you to experience the learning imparted in the videos on a vast scale and this would help you in-turn replicate the practical experiences at your workplace with your projects.
- What happens when I complete the program?
Once you successfully complete the course, you will be awarded a verifiable certificate of course completion.
- Am I guaranteed a job once I successfully complete this course?
This course is for beginners wanting to jobs at entry-level or newly-promoted project managers who are learning the ropes of the trade. We are not involved in job placements at any level, and can only provide you with the necessary skills you need for your job opportunities.
- I’m new to project management, is this program the right fit for me?
Yes. This is a basic course aimed at beginners with little or no project management experience, but basic understanding of the project management would help you through understanding the concepts and tasks plotted in this course. This course will introduce you to one aspect of project management and will help you join the dots when it comes to using a project management software.
- I have Microsoft Project 2010 Standard. Can I use that?
Yes. Though this covers a few aspect of the Professional edition as well, you will still be able to view the many features and functionalities via the Standard edition. There will be references mentioned, but the only difference would be that you won’t receive the necessary practical, hands-on experience for your Professional edition, should you need it.
Great content. Great facilitator. Excellent support. EduCBA has yet again proved to be the best online training site for ambitious individuals like me. I am thoroughly excited with new knowledge and I am surely going to go for better prospects at my workplace. Thanks. Recommended.
I was newly promoted to project manager and the manager before me used to work on MS Project 2010. I wasn’t surely aware of how to go about with it. But, this course helped me immensely to understand how to put all these feature to proper us. Online content or even documentations won’t help you create a lasting analogy as would this amazing training course by eduCBA. I am glad I took this up.
Great tips and tricks and so many things about MS Project that I didn’t know before. I loved the way this course is facilitated and the course explained. It digs deep into the very basis of MS Project and project management. Amazing. Looking out for more courses by eduCBA.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Microsoft Project 2010 – Getting Started with Project 2010 courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|