2h 3m | 21 Videos | 35304 Views | All Levels
About the Lean Manufacturing System Course:
- Lean has proven itself in many different manufacturing and service industries to be the dynamic leap in production efficiency needed to excel and survive in the world marketplace.
- The fundamental principle of is very essential to learn and it tells that Lean is the continuous recognition and elimination of waste in operations and reducing time from order to delivery while maintaining or improving product quality.
- This course focuses on gaining an understanding of Lean principles, practices, and techniques from both a technical standpoint and the people perspective needed to effect the change and sustain the improvement.
- Emphasis will be placed on developing the individual skills needed to become a Lean thinker and champion and on building a road map for transitioning your organization from its current state to one of being a Lean operation.
- If you want to know about the history of where Lean originated from, it goes back to Japan. So far, lean is the set of “tools” that assist in the identification and steady elimination of waste.
- Lean is focused on getting the right things to the right place at the right time. Also at the right quantity to achieve perfect work flow. Lean helps to make the work simple. Most of the lean concepts are understood, applied by many manufacturers successfully.
What are the requirements for the Lean Manufacturing System Course?
- Knowledge of manufacturing industries
- Desire and commitment to learn Lean to improve its performance
What am I going to get from this Lean Manufacturing System course?
- Discuss the basic principles of Lean operations
- Explain and demonstrate Lean tools and techniques
- Identify waste in production systems
- Map a current and future state value stream
- Develop a Continuous Improvement (CI) plan for an existing operation
- Identify steps necessary to implement a Lean system
- Facilitate teams in making the change to the Lean culture
What is the target audience?
- Engineering and Management students can take this course
- Anyone who wants to learn about Lean Manufacturing System