All About CBAP Certification
Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) is a professional certification provided to individuals and business personnel with extensive experience in business analysis. The designation is built on the premise of certifying individuals who are senior members and experts in the business analysis community. This certification is an offering from International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®), a non-profit professional association aiding the benefit of and catering to the growing field of business analysis.
Every business is distraught with different types of needs and demands, and helping in getting the fitting solutions to these business needs is what the field of business analysis promotes. With growing industries and magnified number of businesses all over the world, the standards and growing best practices needed a place of congregation. This was provided by IIBA and they in turn belted out industry standards that were instilled in experiences and top-notch business analysts through the CBAP certification.
The first ever CBAP certification exam was held back in 2006, which had a tremendous response from credible individuals from all over the globe. As industries grew, so grew the need for certified and experienced business analysts to drive the needs of the business into fruitful solutions, which were then taken up by project managers as project for change and continuous improvement. There are increasing number of companies all over the world who have recognized the value and credibility of the CBAP certification and the demand for education from this certification is ever on the increase. Hence, eduCBA grabbed this opportunity of offering interested and eligible candidates the chance to crack these exams to earn the designation.
CBAP® Certification Requirements and Criteria
The requirements for eligibility to take the CBAP certification exam are prescribed by the board heading this certification and they are as follows:
- Minimum 7500 hours of business analysis work experience that is aligned with A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide), in the last 10 years
- Minimum 900 hours in four of the six knowledge areas prescribed in the BABOK® Guide
- Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
- Two references from a career manager, a distinguished client, or another Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) recipient
- Signed code of conduct
To meet with the demands for knowledge, IIBA compiled and issued the CBAP Handbook with all the details pertaining to the exams and how one can qualify to sit for the exam and the application process. The Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) encompasses the curriculum needed for this exam.
While you’re heading towards applying for the CBAP certification, you may want to make known to your employer of your intentions of taking up the CBAP certification. Through a CBAP Applicant Employer Letter, you will be gaining their support and subsequent subsidy from your employer as you pursue the CBAP designation. Within the letter you can elaborate on the following aspects of the CBAP certification:
- The many benefits of employing CBAP recipients
- The statistics sanctioned by industries on the demand of BA practitioners and certified individuals in organizations
- The difference between a CBAP recipient and the other BA practitioners
The CBAP training by eduCBA is aimed at empowering business analysts and those keen on making the cut to the CBAP certification, all these in a bid to gain knowledge and develop skills to be proficient in business analysis. This certification course is built and designed with a view to enable you to clear your CBAP exam in the first attempt itself.
CBAP is the world’s most sought-after and popular exam that validates the experience and the knowledge one holds in the BA community. This certification enables you to build a solid foundation and expertise in the 6 knowledge areas, which are defined in the BABOK 2.0 Guide. They are as follows:
- Business analysis planning and monitoring
- Requirements management and communication
- Enterprise analysis
- Solution assessment
The CBAP Handbook will encompass all there is to know pertaining to the exams that are conducted in lieu of the CBAP certification and designation. A brief on the exams would be as follows:
- The CBAP exam consists of 150 questions based on the BABOK and BA work experience
- The exact score needed to pass the test is not revealed by the IIBA
- Only once this exam is certified by the IIBA can the applicant use the CBAP designation
- Exam duration is 4 hours
(*as per Wikipedia, based on the CBAP Handbook)
What is CCBA?
Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) is another designation belted out by the IIBA providing a professional certification for business analysis practitioner who needs a formal recognition of their competence and credibility. This certification is normally, but not necessarily the precursor for the CBAP certification/designation.
CBAP Course Description
- Role of Business Analysts – In this section, you will have A-Z coverage on the role and the different responsibilities held by a Business Analyst. Learn about this role and how you can magnify your contribution to it through your skills. Learn the proximity of this role to the changing face of industries and businesses in our era, and also how the business analyst and the project manager help and complement each other.
- Business Analysis Body of Knowledge 2.0 – Get up, close, and personal with the BABOK Guide and the different content within it. Also, understand the requirements placed for solution finding techniques and for transitions.
- Knowledge Areas – In this section, you will grasp on the 6 knowledge areas there are to business analysis and the impact it does on the business needs and solution finding. Learn about the tools and techniques and the different underlying competencies. In the following sections, you have a close encounter with these 6 knowledge areas in order to understand them clearly.
- Introduction to CCBA/CBAP Exams – In this section, you’ll understand the IIBA and its intentions when it comes to certifications and exams for business analysts all over the world. Here, you will understand and come to know of all the nitty-gritties involved application filling and putting up an exam strategy.
- Underlying Competencies – All business positions need competent individuals who have a great knack for analytical thinking and problem-solving. Embrace the skill development strategies mentioned in this section. Learn the importance of documentation and conflict management while also working in teams.
What Are the Requirements for the training?
The CBAP certification is your requirement if you need to venture out in the world of business analysis sporting a designation that will not only turn heads but will also validate your stance in this sphere of business. eduCBA offers you an exciting opportunity to be ready and exploding when it comes to gaining a fair recognition for your work and your line of career.
There are tens of thousands of individuals over the globe vying for the opportunity to crack this exam in the first attempt itself, but giving the vitality and the demand for certified individuals, the stakes have been raised a lot, giving candidates the chance to search for training course that can help them match the caliber required to take up this exam. All you need to get into this online training course by eduCBA are the following prerequisites:
- Basic computer knowledge and a computer with an Internet connection
- If you just want to understand business analysis and core concepts within it, take this course with absolutely no prerequisite to be flaunted
- If you know the benefits of this credential and are already preparing for CBAP, there is a minimum criteria set up by IIBA (please refer to those requirements either on the IIBA website or take the course to find out)
This training course is mainly aimed at getting individuals within business analysts to gain a level of recognition that helps them contribute better to different businesses and industries. With this certification and designation, we’re looking at empowering businesses to understand the valuation of studying for the CBAP and the benefits the organization would receive with a certified CBAP recipient on board. This training course isn’t restricted to business analysts alone but also caters to other job roles managing the various needs of the business.
- Program managers
- Project managers
- Project aspirants
- Business analysts
- Software analysts
- Functional analysts
- Market analyst
- Software architects
- Senior programmers
- Transition analysts
- Transition managers
- Transition leads
FAQs – General Questions
- Are these classes to prepare for the CBAP exam only online? Does IIBA® offer classes?
We, at eduCBA, currently offer you online training courses that completely encompass the essence of complete education and learning. We strive to make sure that you have the best studies and courses belted out to you. The CBAP exam requires thorough preparation and the passion to make efforts credible and authentic, and this is what eduCBA is going to provide to you. IIBA doesn’t offer classes for its certifications and designations. It encourages candidates to study through other media and use the BABOK Guide for their education in this sphere.
- From where can I get the BABOK Guide?
When you register as a member at IIBA, you will receive a complimentary copy of the BABOK® Guide in the PDF. Apart from that, if you’ve not received the complimentary copy you can very well download the BABOK® Guide in the PDF. Non-members can purchase a copy of the BABOK® Guide in the PDF for $29.95 from the IIBA website.
- What are the course objectives?
This training you enable you to:
- Clear the IIBA-CBAP Certification exam all in first attempt itself
- Identify organizational requirements and business needs, and recommend and assess the best solutions there are
- Get acknowledged and recognized as an elite, senior, and expert members within the BA community
- Possess and flaunt a complete and thorough understanding of the 6 knowledge areas as defined and prescribed in the BABOK 2.0 Guide
This course is a great compilation of everything that a professional in business analysis needs. It’s amazing to see eduCBA offer such wonderful courses for all strata of management and business skills and this course has helped me gain the CBAP certification for myself. This course is simple yet effective. Highly recommended course for everyone who is enabling to reach the CBAP standards.
Very detailed program for different people. I am a project manager and helping in business analysis is needed. That’s why my manager asked me to check this course out by eduCBA. Satisfied with the outcome and I am happy to be finally at the stage to get the CBAP certification.
Amazing course and brilliant study materials. Something I’ve not found anywhere else. I am very happy with this course and it can be taken at ease. Thumbs up on this CBAP online course.
The career benefits for CBAP are enormous. The designation itself holds a lot of weight when compared to other project management credentials and certifications all over the world. Individuals benefit a lot with this certification and that inspires a well-coordinated and well-established working condition for business analysis professionals in any sector of business. You will have the chance to use this credential to get into various opportunities that will be beneficial not only for your reputation and resume but also for the growing business.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Certified Business Analysis Professional Exam Preparation courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|