Introduction to CakePHP Interview Questions and Answers
CakePHP is an open-source web framework. It is developed by the Cake Software Foundation Inc and was first released thirteen years ago in 2005. It is multilingual and written in PHP. It is distributed under the MIT License. CakePHP makes building websites faster and simpler. It also requires less coding. As an all in one toolbox, CakePHP is a very good option for web development.
Below are the most important questions asked in the interview:
Now, if you are looking for a job which is related to CakePHP then you need to prepare for the 2019 CakePHP Interview Questions. It is true that every interview is different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important CakePHP Interview Questions and Answers which will help you get success in your interview.
In this 2019 CakePHP Interview Questions article, we shall present 11 most important and frequently used CakePHP interview questions. These questions will help students build their concepts around CakePHP and help them to crack the interview.
Firstly, below is a chart showing the usage of CakePHP between 2011 and 2019. You can see the steady increase in usage of CakePHP over the years. This shows that the development platform has gained its set of fans that prefer it for the simplicity of use in developing their websites.
Part 1 – CakePHP Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic CakePHP Interview Questions and Answers.
4.5 (1,816 ratings)
Q1. Explain the Layers of CakePHP?
- The Model Layer
The model layer represents the part of the application that implements the business logic. It is responsible for retrieving data and converting it into the primary meaningful concepts in the application. This task involves processing, validating, associating or other tasks.
- The View Layer
The view layer gives a presentation of the modeled data. It is responsible for using any information it has available to produce a presentational interface the application might need.
- The Controller Layer
The controller layer is responsible for handling any requests from users. It is responsible for giving the users a response with the aid of the model and the view layers.
Q2. What are the requirements for PHP installation?
- HTTP Server. Apache for example.
- PHP 5.6.0 or greater
- Mbstring PHP extension
- Intl PHP extension
- SimpleXML PHP extension
Let us move to the next CakePHP Interview Questions.
Q3. What are the following variables and how do they affect the CakePHP application?
- Debug-Changes the CakePHP debugging output. False=Production mode. No error messages, errors, or warnings are shown. True= Errors and warnings are shown.
- namespace-The namespace to find app classes under.
- a baseUrl-This variable is not needed if you don’t plan on using Apaches mod_rewrite with CakePHP.Don’t forget to remove your .htaccess files too.
- base– The base directory the app resides in. If false this will be auto-detected. If not false, ensure your string starts with a / and does NOT end with a /. E.. /basedir is a valid App. Base.
- encoding-Defines what encoding your application uses. It is used to generate the charset in the layout and encode entities.
- webroot– The webroot directory.
- The App.wwwRoot-The file path to webroot.
- fullBaseUrl-This is the full domain name of the application’s root. This qualified domain is used when generating urls.
- imageBaseUrl-This is the web path to the public images directory under webroot.
- cssBaseUrl-This is the web path to the public CSS directory under webroot.
Q4. Explain Application in PHP.
This is the common CakePHP Interview Questions asked in an interview. The Application feature of CakePHP is the heart of the application. It controls how the application is configured and what plugins, middleware, console commands, and routes are included.
- Bootstrap– Used to load configuration files, define constants and other global functions.
- Routes– Used to load routes.
- Middleware-Used to add middleware to the application.
- Console– Used to add console commands to the application.
- Events– Used to add event listeners to the application event manager.
Q5. What is a composer and how is it used to create a CakePHP project using composer?
A composer is a tool used for project dependencies. By running the below command, one can create a CakePHP Project using Composer.
php composer.phar create-project –prefer-dist cakephp/app my_app_name
Part 2 – CakePHP Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced CakePHP Interview Questions.
Q6. What are the sessions in PHP? How do you read, write and delete session in CakePHP?
CakePHP sessions allow us to identify unique users across requests and store the data related to those unique users against a unique session ID. We can access the session data from any place there is access to a request object.
Q7. What are the top and unique features of CakePHP?
This is the frequently asked CakePHP Interview Questions in an interview. The top and unique features of CakePHP framework which make it a simple and appreciated are:
- MVC Architecture
- Zero Configuration
- Inbuilt Validation
- ACL Functionality and security
- CRUD scaffolding
- Easily extendable with plug-ins
- Quick and flexible
Q8. What is Pagination in CakePHP?
In CakePHP, the pagination component is used for building paginated queries. In order to generate pagination links and buttons, the PaginatorHelper is used.
Q9. What are the different types of Cache CakePHP supports?
Let us move to the next CakePHP Interview Questions.
Q10. List some commonly used CakePHP components.
- Cross-Site Request Forgery
- Request Handling
Q11. Explain the use of the following Functions and Constants of PHP.
- __(string $string_id[, $formatArgs])- Handles Localization in CakePHP
- __d(string $domain, string $msg, mixed $args = null)-Allows the override of the current domain for a single message lookup
- __dn(string $domain, string $singular, string $plural, integer $count, mixed $args = null)-Allows the override of the current domain for a plural message lookup
- __dx(string $domain, string $context, string $msg, mixed $args = null)-Allows the override of the current domain for a single message lookup and specify a context.
- __dxn(string $domain, string $context, string $singular, string $plural, integer $count, mixed $args = null)-Allows the override of the current domain for a plural message lookup and specify a context.
- __n(string $singular, string $plural, integer $count, mixed $args = null)-Returns correct plural form of message.
- __x(string $context, string $msg, mixed $args = null)-Context is a unique identifier for the translations string.
- An app-absolute path to your application directory, including a trailing slash.
- APP_DIR-Equals app or the name of your application directory.
- CACHE-Path to the cache files directory. It can be shared between hosts in a multi-server setup.
- CAKE-Path to the cake directory.
- CAKE_CORE_INCLUDE_PATH-Path to the root lib directory.
- CONFIG-Path to the config directory.
- CORE_PATH-Path to the root directory with ending directory slash.
- DS-Short for PHP’s DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, which is / on Linux and \ on Windows.
- LOGS-Path to the logs directory.
- ROOT-Path to the root directory.
- TESTS-Path to the tests directory.
- TMP-Path to the temporary files directory.
- A www_root-full path to the webroot.
- TIME_START-Unix timestamp in microseconds as a float from when the application started.
- SECOND-Equals 1
- MINUTE-Equals 60
- HOUR-Equals 3600
- DAY-Equals 86400
- WEEK-Equals 604800
- MONTH-Equals 2592000
- YEAR-Equals 31536000
This has been a guide to the list of CakePHP Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crackdown these CakePHP Interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied top CakePHP Interview Questions which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –