Difference Between Broadband vs WiFi
Wi-Fi is considered a facility provided to users to connect their device that includes mobile phones, laptops, and computers to gain access to the internet by signals locating and then connected to other wireless devices present in that area. The Wi-Fi connection is used to set up to make the hotspots using the remote connector so that the client system can connect to the web services. The broadband internet is considered as computer networks that are used to provide access to the internet to people so that they can be used to gain information and surf various websites.
Head to Head Comparison between Broadband vs WiFi (Infographics)
Below is the top 5 Comparison between Broadband vs WiFi:
Key Differences between Broadband vs WiFi
Let’s discuss the top comparison between Broadband vs WiFi:
- The major difference between wi-fi and broadband internet is that the Wi-Fi connects the devices to the internet services using the wireless medium that locates the signals and connects with the device located in that area. The broadband internet is considered computer networks that are present globally and provide internet service to users to connect their devices to gain internet service and use for sharing information. Broadband uses the standard protocols of communication to provide access to the internet to its users.
- The other difference between wi-fi and broadband internet is the wi-fi helps to connect different devices to internet services. On the other hand, broadband is used to connect multiple devices to a single network as the number of devices is increased, the internet speed decreases.
- The other key difference between wi-fi and broadband is the dependency on each other. The broadband is not dependent on the wi-fi and can provide access to internet service to the user, while on the other hand, the wi-fi is dependent on the broadband internet as wi-fi provides access to the internet.
- Another difference between wi-fi and broadband is range and distance up-to which service is provided. The range defined for wi-fi is up-to a few yards and only, and as the distance increases, the signal strength of wi-fi service decreases. The broadband internet has no fixed defined distance range as one person sitting in one country can use the internet service and share the information with another person sitting in another country. The person can use the broadband internet service from anywhere and share the information easily.
- The other key difference between broadband internet and wi-fi is the number of users of the service. As wi-fi is the type of service that acts as a medium of service to provide the internet to the people, it is directly dependent on the number of users who use that service. As the number of users uses the wi-fi service, the internet speed becomes slow and also there is some defined capacity up-to which users can connect to that particular wi-fi service. While on the other hand, broadband internet service has a limitless count in which many users can connect to the network simultaneously. The broadband internet is independent of the number of users, and everybody can use the service easily and can gain internet access to share the information. In the broadband connection, internet speed varies, and there is no such guarantee that the user will get constant internet speed. Internet speed is directly dependent on internet congestion.
Comparison Table of Broadband vs WiFi
The table below summarizes the comparisons between Broadband vs WiFi:
|Definition||It is considered a global service, which is provided to people to gain access to internet service and use it for sharing information and surf various websites. The broadband internet uses various communication protocols to [provide internet services globally.||Wi-Fi is considered the facility provided to people to connect to their systems that include personal computers, laptops, and cell phones to the internet using the wi-fi service. The devices are connected by wireless medium to the device located in their area.|
|Connection||Broadband is used to connect different types of devices to one single network. All the devices gain access to internet service by using broadband service.||Wi-Fi used to connect the internet service to the devices. The wi-fi service helps to connect the devices to internet services. Multiple devices can get access to the internet using the wi-fi service.|
|Feature||The computer devices and mobile phones can get access to the internet’s device using the broadband service.||Computers and mobile phones are connected through Wi-Fi, which helps to interact with each other and share information.|
|Requirement||The devices required by broadband internet is a device and LAN server. Both these are required to gain internet access to the device.||The devices required for wi-fi service is a wi-fi router and DSL device. Both these device helps to get the wi-fi service in the devices.|
|Range||The broadband service has no fixed defined range, and anybody can get access to internet service. The people sitting in one country can use internet service and can share the information with another person sitting in the next country.||The wi-fi service has a fixed defined range up-to which users can connect to internet service. And when that limit is reached, the user cannot connect to the internet service. The wi-fi range can be measured by measuring the signal strength as the distance increases; the signal strength decreases.|
|Authentication||No authentication process is required on the broadband internet. Any individual can use broadband internet service to gain access to web services.||Wi-Fi service can be made authenticated, and passwords can be set to provide access to internet services. The valid user can only use the wi-fi service to gain access to the web service and share the information over the network.|
The wi-fi is the type of service that is used to connect the devices to the internet using some wireless medium. Broadband is considered a service that is used to provide internet services to the user so that they can share the information.
This is a guide to Broadband vs WiFi. Here we also discuss the Broadband vs WiFi key differences with infographics and a comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –