Updated March 31, 2023
Definition of Bitbucket Jenkins
The Bitbucket server provides the different types of plug-ins that are supported to the Jenkins which is built and supported to the Atlassian. By using the Bitbucket server we can easily link with Jenkins as well as it also provides the entire access to create the webhook, and the whole setup process in Jenkins. In another word, we can say that we can easily integrate the Bitbucket server with Jenkins as per our requirement. The Bitbucket supports the Jenkins Pipelines and it establishes the secure connection between the server and Jenkins that we call secure credential management in Jenkins.
What is bitbucket Jenkins?
We realize that numerous clients utilize Jenkins and it is unimaginably significant and its incorporation with the Server is a vital piece of their improvement work process. Tragically, we likewise realize that coordinating Bitbucket Server with Jenkins was consistently difficult – it might have required various modules and impressive time. That is the reason recently they are embarked to change this.
The new Server incorporation for the Jenkins module, which is fabricated and upheld by Atlassian, is the most straightforward method for connecting Jenkins with Server. It smoothes out the whole set-up process, from making a webhook to trigger forms in Jenkins, to presenting assembly situations on Server. It additionally upholds brilliant reflecting and allows Jenkins to clone from mirrors to let loose important assets on your essential server.
Engineers portray Bitbucket as “One spot to design projects, team up on code, test and send, all with free private storehouses”. Bitbucket gives groups one spot to design projects, team up on code, test and convey, all with free private Git stores. Groups pick Bitbucket on the grounds that it has a prevalent Jira reconciliation, works in CI/CD, and is free for up to 5 clients. Then again, Jenkins is point by point as “An extendable open source ceaseless coordination server”. Basically, Jenkins CI is the main open-source ceaseless coordination server. Working with Java, it gives more than 300 modules to help build and test practically any task. Bitbucket can be delegated an instrument in the “Code Collaboration and Version Control” classification, while Jenkins is gathered under Persistent Integration.
How to connect bitbucket Jenkins?
Now let’s see how to connect Jenkins as follows.
First, we need to login into Jenkin Server and after that, we need to follow the steps as follows.
1. First, install the plugin in Jenkins and go to manage Jenkins inside that we have to manage plugins.
2. Now we need to copy the public key from Bitbucket login and go to the setting inside the setting we have Webhooks and add the webhook.
3. Programmed webhook creation in a Server repo when a Jenkins work is saved. Introduce the module; Configure the module; Use the module; Contribute to the.
4. Now add the server to Jenkins to make it more easy and straightforward with help of Bitbucket features.
5. We can verify the SSH key by using git bash.
6. Jenkins works with Jmeter script and executes the Jenkins with valid credentials with the primary key.
7. Sign on to the account. Pick symbol > Manage Account inside the managed account we have an SSH key option.
8. It is an open-source computerization instrument with built-in modules for consistent combination purposes. It is utilized to fabricate, accumulate and test yours.
9. We need to store a private key in Jenkins to access the Bitbucket.
10. After that, we need to create the key pair of SSH keys and with help of this key pair, we can archive on Bitbucket.
11. This is an easy way to connect Jenkins with the server as per our requirement or we can say that it is a straightforward way.
Bitbucket integration with Jenkins
The integration of Jenkins supports the Pipeline, Multibracnch, and other projects. It makes a secure connection in Jenkin for cloning from the Server. Programmed webhook creation in a Bitbucket Server repo when a Jenkins work is saved. Fast determination of the Server projects and repos for Jenkins work through a dropdown.
The capacities to consequently send assembly situations with the Server. Cloning from Bitbucket Server Smart Mirrors with no compelling reason to adjust the clone URL. We can configure the Bitbucket repository with Webhook by using the URL of Jenkins as shown in the following screenshot.
Bitbucket Jenkins Configuring
Now let’s see how we can configure Jenkins as follows.
First, we need to add the Server:
Server cases are added and arranged at the framework level. Whenever we add clients we can choose them from the SCM while making Jenkins work. You should add no less than one Bitbucket Server occasion to Jenkins.
Now go to the setting of Jenkins inside the Jenkins we have the option Manage Jenkins and select configure the system. Under that server integration, select Add Server instance and enter the required information as shown in the above screenshot.
Presently we really want to enlist the Server: By utilizing two different ways we can make the application connect. In a first way, we can do it through Jenkins as shown in the following screenshot as follows.
Now create an application link to Jenkins from Bitbucket Login.
bitbucket Jenkins Install
Now let’s see how to install Jenkins as follows.
1. First we need to install Java on your machine.
2. After that we need to download the Jenkins version that we want and it depends on the windows. After completion of downloading we can directly install Jenkins. Here we download for windows and it shows the complete installation as shown in the following screenshot as follows.
After successful installation of Jenkins, we will get the home page of as shown in the following screenshot as follows.
Now we need to manage Jenkins, so click on Manage Jenkins as shown in the above screenshot. Inside the Manage Jenkins, we have the Manage Plugins option. In this option, we have available tabs that are used to select the required plugins as shown in the following screenshot as follows.
After the selection of the required plugin, we can see a progress bar as shown in the following screenshot as follows.
We hope from this article you learn more about Jenkins. From the above article, we have taken in the essential idea of the bitbucket Jenkins and we also see the representation and example of the bitbucket Jenkins. From this article, we learned how and when we use the bitbucket, Jenkins.
This is a guide to Bitbucket Jenkins. Here we discuss the definition, What is bitbucket Jenkins, How to connect bitbucket Jenkins? examples, and syntax. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –