Updated June 13, 2023
Introduction to Archiving Software
Data Archiving Software helps companies optimize the discovery, storage, and rapid retrieval of structured and unstructured data such as websites and documents. File archiving may include images and social media messages like posts, emails, etc.
Archiving software, called Enterprise Information Archiving (EIA), is built to meet search requirements. The archive should be searchable; hence the stored data can be easily retrieved with exact context. This Data can be stored on cloud servers or in local data servers. Archiving software is mainly used in banks and government offices. Archiving software has features like Data Governance, Enterprise Search, and eDiscovery.
Features of Archiving Software
- It is legal and regulatory compliant and provides attestation like GDPR, CFTC, SEC, FINRA, etc.)
- Provides low-cost and highly efficient storage for data retention
- It is Unified, centralized storage for unstructured data as well as data gathered from various sources
- It provides Automatic data retrieval with reporting
- It has metadata to ease search, supervision, and categorization.
- It supports biometrics for Access controls.
- It provides report generation with access to the log.
List of Various Archiving Software
Here is a list of various archiving software, which is given as follows
1. Archive Manager
Archive Manager is widely used in small and medium companies with large data generation for data archiving. Data is stored in Tamper-proof and non-rewritable formats. In addition, it provides Daily reconciliation reporting for verifying data capture.
Features of Archive Manager:
- Easy to use.
- It is highly Secure.
- It provides Easy import and export of data.
- It has Integration with CRM.
- It has Search functionality.
- Secure data storage.
- It has Single sign-on (SSO) functionalities.
- SSL security, Threat protection for more security.
PageFreezer is an archiving software that helps companies and businesses store all digital files, communications, and websites. Organizations widely use PageFreezer for compliance requirements and rely on its solutions for addressing litigation issues, including exploration. It is a cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) tool. It has automated processes that gather real-time data and events.
Features of PageFreezer:
- It provides Automatic archiving of websites, digital signatures, and timestamps per the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- It is SEC, FINRA, and SOX data retention compliant.
- It helps archive emails, images, and attachments according to e-discovery practices.
- It has easy to use Online dashboard.
ArcTitan is a cloud-based file archiving tool allowing secure archived email message storage. It is flexible and adaptable to businesses like educational institutions, IT service providers, or organizations requiring reliable data archiving and remote document storage solutions.
This tool provides security against data loss, and it conveniently backup all of the data to a remote server. All of the data is part of a secure repository that is accessed at any time with the help of proper authentication. In addition, it has The Time Machine feature, which provides backing up and retrieving messages.
Features of ArcTitan:
- It provides 3rd-party integrations.
- It gives Data encryption, Access control for higher security.
- It provides Administrative reporting, Audit trail.
- It gives an Automatic backup.
- It provides Backup management, Data storage management, and Document management.
- It has Compliance management.
- It reduces data deduplication.
- It supports Data export and import, Data filtering.
- It is HIPAA compliant.
- It can integrate Microsoft Outlook.
- It is Sarbanes-Oxley compliant.
- It is a Scheduled report.
Commvault is a Backup & Recovery software that provides enterprise-grade protection and recovery of databases, virtual machines, applications, endpoints, and files. It allows us to manage backed-up data securely and efficiently on-premises as well as public cloud. In addition, it provides role-based access control, which restricts unauthorized access.
Features of Commvault:
- It is a Simple, comprehensive
- It provides backup & recovery for every workload like cloud, virtual machines, and containers.
- It is Multi-cloud aware, which has cloud data.
- Mobility, tiering, and scaling.
- It provides data masking and automation.
- It has a web-based user interface for data management and disaster recovery.
- The default configuration values and streamlined procedures set data recovery.
ArchiverFS enables network storage systems and servers to function as second-tier storage by serving as a file-archiving tool. It supports DFS, cloud, de-duplication, and compression of files for security. It supports SAN, NAS, or cloud platform storage for unstructured data. There is no need for customized scripts as ArchiveFS provides Fully automated processes
Features of ArchiverFS:
- It has Policy-driven automated monitoring and reporting.
- It provides Customized schedules
- It has Deduplicated data for more efficient data transmission
- It has Auto-discovery functionality which provides security to newly added data.
- It provides Configurable encryption.
- It provides portability for data between clouds.
This is a guide to Archiving Software. Here we discuss the introduction and the list of various archiving software along with features. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –