Introduction to ArchiCAD Shortcuts
ArchiCAD shortcuts are the best way to speed up your working in with good accuracy in this software that means ArchiCAD offer number of shortcut key of the keyboard for different features, option, tools and another important command for accessing them in a very quick way without going to their location or without clicking on the icon of that command. You just have to remember keys of keyboard for different command of this software and each command have its specific key to access that. I will tell you some of the short-cuts command of Menus of the menu bar, tools of the tool panel, and some other 3D modeling commands in this article.
We will first take you through shortcuts of the Command of File menu, File modules, and XREF and File GDL. So let us discuss them first.
Short cut commands of option of File Menu
- The very first thing which we do before starting any project or work we create a New file or document and this option you can find in the File menu and for a shortcut of it you can press the Ctrl + N button on the keyboard.
- By pressing Ctrl + Alt + N keys of the keyboard you can go for the New and Reset option of this menu.
- Ctrl + O keys refer to shortcut key for opening any work, image, or any supported file format of this software.
- You can close any window or tab of this software very quickly by pressing the Ctrl + W buttons of the keyboard.
- The very important thing you do is to save your document and this option is also available in the File menu but you can press Ctrl + S for saving your work.
- Ctrl + Shift + S is for Save as the option of this menu that means if you already saved your document and want to save it in another format or with another name then you can go with this option and its shortcut.
- You Plot your work by pressing the Ctrl + P button of the keyboard and for its setup dialog box press the Ctrl + Shift + P button. You can also use Ctrl + P for printing any work.
- Ctrl + Q are used for quitting this application program that means when you want to close the whole software then you can go with it.
File Modules and XREF commands’ short cut:
- For placing the module in this software you can press Ctrl + ’ keys of the keyboard.
- By pressing Ctrl + Shift + ’ you can go for Hotlink Manager.
Shortcut commands of File GDL Objects:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + N for a new object in your work.
- Ctrl + Shift + O will help for opening any object.
- Ctrl + Shift + N can use for the ‘Save Project As’ option.
These were some shortcut commands of the File menu now let me tell you some shortcuts of the Edit menu.
Edit menu Commands:
- We need to undo our steps much time so this shortcut is very helpful during our working and it is Ctrl + Z not only this you can redo any steps you it undo by mistake and press Ctrl + Shift + Z for this.
- There may be a lot of elements in our work and many times we need to select them all so press Ctrl + A for selecting them by one shortcut key.
- Ctrl + B allows you to repeat your last used command.
- For dragging any element of your designed component you can press Ctrl + D keys.
- Press Ctrl + E for rotating an object or element.
- Ctrl + F can be used for the Split command.
- Stretch can do by pressing the Ctrl + H keys of the keyboard.
- Ctrl + M keys will work for the mirror command.
- Resize can do by pressing Ctrl + K keys.
- For Adjust command press Ctrl + – buttons of the keyboard.
- Press Ctrl + 0 for the ‘Trim to roof’ command during your designing work.
- You can set tools as per your requirement and press Ctrl + T for the tool settings box.
- For ‘Editing selection set’ you can go with Ctrl + Shift + T.
- With Ctrl + Shift + D you can drag a copy of an object or element and same as for rotating it, you can press Ctrl + Shift + E, and for mirroring a copy of the object go with Ctrl + Shift + M keys of the keyboard.
There is also a shortcut key for editing text. So let us discuss them too.
Edit Commands for Text:
- For finding and replace any particular text in your designing we use the Find and Replace command and the shortcut of it is Ctrl + H. You can press Ctrl + F to simply find any text in your design.
- For adding comments at a particular section of your design press Ctrl + M and press Ctrl + U for Uncomment them.
Now let us discuss some shortcuts of Tools.
Tools’ shortcut keys:
- Ctrl + G can be used for grouping a number of elements or objects and you can go with Ctrl + Shift + G for ungrouping them if there is no need for their grouping.
- Alt + G will suspend a group and Alt + Shift + G can use for the Auto Group option.
- The patch can be created by pressing Ctrl +; keys of the keyboard.
- Ctrl + = will work for Explode command.
- Press Shift + F6 functional key of a keyboard for ‘Bring to Front’ option and by pressing on by F6 you can use the ‘Bring Forward’ option. F5 can use for the ‘Send backward’ option and Shift + F5 is used for Send to back option.
There is so many short cut in this software which makes our work easy and you need not to worry about remembering them just start working with this software and use short cut keys for any command instead of using traditional ways for that and with a pass of time it will become your habit.
This is a guide to ArchiCAD Shortcuts. Here we discuss the introduction and Short cut commands of option of File Menu. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –