Introduction to AppDynamics Tool
It is not easy to monitor and manage the performance of applications in any environment easily, especially with the cloud environment. As we don’t know the capacity of the application and the working range, it is difficult to assess the app performance. Here AppDynamics tool is helpful to identify and manage the working of applications in the cloud environment and in the servers. The availability of the applications is also notified with AppDynamics. Reports are created to monitor the performance of the application and this helps to manage the app very well. A learning curve is also attached to the tool.
Explanation of AppDynamics Tool
- The approach taken by these tools is not similar to other tools. They use analytics and details of every application are taken into consideration. This will not only help the AppDynamics but also the logs of the applications. For every transaction done in the application, the tool collects the details whether it is basic or detailed and this makes the AD tool more friendly to anyone who uses it. Because, any detail, be it basic or more detailed can be seen in the reports or logs of this tool.
- The AD tool can be used in production as well as development environments. In a production environment, all the transaction with its performance is noted down by the tool. This is mainly built for production environments as the tool itself follows an agile approach within itself. Normal performance is noted down and alarms are given if any issues are found in the application. This gives the proper response time for the application in the tool.
- A comparison is done for the response time and the user’s response time. This comparison helps to find out the tool’s performance with the self-learning curve. Troubleshooting can be done easily as the agent in the tool collects all the details automatically even for the normal behavior. This is an example of an analytics method and this helps the tool to find out the alerts set for different problems. Hence the user can fix it very well as these are set before any major impact so as to ensure proper working of the application with the help of the tool.
- We know that if the data is captured deeply, all the information related to the working of the application and its environments can be identified easily. But these data capturing is not easy as it requires more resources and more storage. AD tool has come as a rescue over here as it records the entire working of the application even if the app does not show any mode of failure. This makes the tool to use its analysis power to manage the performance of the application.
- This recording helps to monitor the application and use it in testing and also in pre-production environments. Every request and every transaction are noted down or recorded by the AD tool and this helps to monitor the performance of the application. If the developer is left with any other work, he or she can instruct the tool to work by itself or to stop when the transaction volume is more than the limit. Hence, the tool stops by itself if it feels the volume is increased or that enough information is collected. This alert helps the system to work well and its performance is not halted due to overworking hours.
- Agents are working along with the AD tool and they monitor the performance of the application, support the infrastructure of the tool, and know the tool in and out. This makes the tool to work efficiently with human support. The entire application ecosystem and its environment is known by them and the performance data logs are taken. This log data is sent to the controllers so that the application performance can be seen. This visual representation is done through a user interface in the system.
- Accessibility issues will not happen in this tool as it is designed to work in any environment suitable for the application with all the access rights. Agents are working with the controllers and real-time performance is seen. This helps to boost the performance and orchestrate the bandwidth of the application along with the tool being used.
- There will be many requests made by the application in any environment. These requests are known by the agents through the tool and these requests are made to create a request map. This helps to manage and visualize the performance of the application along with the transaction history.
- When a transaction is made, be it a business transaction or file transfer, the details including a request made, response time, resolution time, and the files corresponding to the transaction is taken care of. This helps to manage the requests in a log analytics manner with all the details in hand. Failure of the application will not be a worry or can I say that the application will not fail if proper monitoring is done along with the AD tool monitoring?
- Being part of Cisco, AppDynamics tools have incorporated machine learning and artificial intelligence to help in the monitoring and managing of data. Several machine learning techniques such as anomaly detection, regression, and many others will be helpful to monitor and detect spams and unauthorized requests. This will reduce the work of agents who monitor the AD tool in the system. Also, machine learning helps to gather data and create logs by itself rather than creating reports in the system with external tools. Business performance metrics is identified and created with the help of machine learning. This helps to diagnose the problems in the application and to manage them perfectly. Autoscaling is another technique used in the AD tool with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
Conclusion – AppDynamics Tool
This tool makes sure that code level visibility of the application is given to the user. As the application is closely monitored by the agent, every line of code is scrutinized and used for performance improvement in the system. Server monitoring tools are also in use.
This is a guide to AppDynamics Tool. Here we discuss the explanation of AppDynamics Tool in detail for better understanding. You can also go through our other related articles to learn more –