Introduction to Angular Features
Features of Angular comes into the picture for front-end development of the application. In the minimum time, it becomes very popular and it is the best single page web application development solution. One of the main differences between angular JS and their latest version is TypeScript and very well structure of angular project which makes maintaining of code easy, readable, increase performance and many more things.
Till now many versions of angular has come. Angular JS is the first version of angular and it was launched in the year 2009. Features of Angular JS:
- Form validation and Animation.
- It allows easy event Handling
- Dependencies Injection.
- Built-in routing and Engine.
- Support for Data Binding.
- Extends HTML support by adding expression, tags, and Attributes.
After Angular JS, angular 2 comes into the picture with a full different framework written in TypeScript. There is no commonality between both frameworks. Because angular 2 very well structured. strong support for the external library and many more things. It gives high performance to our application thus it minimizes the load time of our pages.
Features of Angular 2
Below are the features of Angular 2:
2. Improved Dependency Injection
- It is a design pattern that we should have in order to make our application loosely coupled. Modular component isolation and development are the features that make the dependency injection easy and simple to use and implement in angular2.
- In angular 2 services are injectable. For this, we use @Injectable annotation to make any class injectable.
Example: Services is an example of a Dependency injection. It is an injectable class that is used to share data among various class or applications. It is also responsible to make the server call and get data to display.
3. Improved Data Binding
Data binding in angular 2 has improved a lot. We do not need to write a heavy code for this we just need to wrap our element inside a square bracket.
Types of binding
Below are the types of binding:
- Interpolation: It is used to display a component property to a template or view. For this, we use double curly braces. We can display anything using this i.e. string, number, array, etc.
- Property Binding: Property binding allows us to directly access the element property of HTML. We can directly assign our variable to the HTML element.
- Event Binding: This binding uses the event to bind value. We have various events available for instance click.
- Two-way Binding: This is basically a combination of property binding and event binding. In which we can simultaneously call our method and bind value to the element property.
Angular 2 provides support for 3 types of the directive. Which are as follows :
- Attribute Directive: It modifies the behavior or appearance of the HTML element.
- Structural Directive: This Directive is used to change the structure of the element. It basically alters the DOM element, by using this we can add, delete and replace the element with a new element. It modified the DOM layout.
- Component Directive: We cannot create angular2 applications without components. Now we can have a closer look at how this component work and what type of metadata it contains.
- Performance: The performance of the angular 2 application has improved a lot because of fast change detection and offline compilation. support for asynchronous templating and dynamic loading helps in improving the page load and time.
- Support for a Component-Based Architecture: Angular 2 application is completely based on components. It follows component bases architecture. Which makes our code structure easier.
Angular components are the part of the module or we can say that module contains components that implement the business logic of the application and also they contain the templet which is going to trigger when they invoked.
- Business Logic
- Styles and CSS
- Application Data
5. Improved Routing
Routing in angular 2 has been improved a lot because of the following reason:
- Location service
- Navigational Model
- URL resolver etc
6. Browser Support
Angular 2 application supports almost all browsers which are as follows:
- IE 9, 10 ,11
- Android 4.1
- Microsoft edge
We can run our application on any platform such as:
- Ios systems
8. Mobile Development
The previous version of angular was meant for responsive development, but there was not any mobile support. But angular 2 provide us build in support for mobile application development, on the other hand, need to take some advantage of some libraries to run our angular js application on mobile.
- Component-based architecture.
- Equally useful for web. mobile and desktop app.
- Support Dependency Injection.
- Faster, modern and highly scalable framework.
Features of Angular 4
After angular 2, angular 4 comes into the picture with a few new features.
- Support for email validator
- Separate package for animation. Animation moved to new package @angular/animation
- Support for if/else statement
- Reduced size of generated bundled code up to 60%
Features of Angular 5
Angular 5 comes up with new improvement which are as follows :
- Update to the HTTP client.
- Type checking in the template.
- Make AOT the default.
- Support for Internationalized date m currency and number pipes.
- Zone speed improvements.
- easier to build progressive web pages.
Angular has improved over time in terms of performance, handling events, provide support for different browsers and type checking. it is kept on upgrading because of typescript it has become the most widely used framework for web development.
This is a guide to Angular Features. Here we discuss an overview of different Angular versions and the differences between Angular JS and their latest versions. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –