Difference Between 3ds Max and Sketchup
In the market, there are loads of software for graphics designing. Autodesk is the big name in the market for making Autocad and Inventor. 3dsmax software is used for graphic designing, which gives good performance and is mostly liked by many users. Another software Trimble developed named “Sketchup” or formerly “Google Sketchup” compares. These two are the big software in the market which has acquired an equal name in the market as their ratings are also nearly the same. If we check the reviews of these two, they got an equal response and equal likes. It seems how popular are they and how people are used to these softwares. Some of the Big digital content creation applications like 3dsmax vs Sketchup, which we are going to discuss here.
Head to Head Comparison between 3ds max and Sketchup (Infographics)
Below is the top 10 difference between 3ds Max vs Sketchup
Key Differences between 3ds Max and Sketchup
Both are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Differences:
- Considering both ( 3ds Max vs Sketchup ) these software’s if we take a client’s satisfaction result, then we come to know that Sketchup gets 97% and 3ds Max gets 98%. 1% doesn’t make much difference here; it seems both are equally popular among users.
- Both ( 3ds Max vs Sketchup ) this software are available on Windows and Mac but 3ds Max is also available in some web-based programs as well.
- Well, let us discuss with the features of these two Applications.
- It got options for 3d models and 2d models.
- Other tools as Layer manager.
- Some tools like texture, lighting effects, and Animations.
Autodesk 3ds Max features
- It has general animation tools and motion paths
- Its particle flow effects are very good.
- Some marvelous features like 3d rendering, Scene converter, Asset library, Hair and Fur modifier, and high DPI Display support.
- It has mesh and surface modeling which allows us to focus on the surface area of an object.
- It has spline workflows in it, a blended box map and a Physical camera as well.
- Sketchup comes with two more software’s namely “Simlab” and “Trimble”. While 3ds Max comes with the products from Autodesk, namely “Unity”, “Unreal”, “Fusion 360”, “Stingray”.
- Sketchup being a 3d UI software it is easy to use and handle compared to 3ds Max. The customers’ review users like the UI of Sketchup and don’t need don’t for the startup.
- If we come up with any errors or any issue, Sketchup just provides Live support online; it doesn’t have much customer care centers, and their own team does the job. In the case of 3ds Max, if the user comes up with an error or any issue, they provide live support, customer care support, email and contact support, and further live training.
- In small-scale industries, these two products are capturing an equal amount of market, but if we consider the enterprise or big level industries, then 3ds max is ahead.
- Because of the black color background of 3ds max, the objects we create are likely to look black and white means we can fill the color, but it doesn’t look natural. In the case of Sketchup, everything looks natural whatever the color we fill and the way it looks is amazing.
3ds Max vs Sketchup Comparison Table
Below is the topmost Comparison between 3ds Max vs Sketchup :
|The basis Of Comparison||
|This software is designed and developed by the Auto desk.||This software is being developed by Trimble but formerly called as Google Sketchup.|
|This software was launched in the year 2005.||This software was launched in the year 2000.|
|This software is cheaper than Sketchup; it costs nearly $185.||This software is expensive and costs nearly $695.|
|It allows the user to create and edit visual effects, animations, and environments.||It allows the user to create and edit 2d and 3d concepts.|
|It is also used in industries by business people and some of the freelancers as well.||It is used in industries by business people.|
|The languages available in this software are English, China, Germany, Indian, Japan, Spain, France, Russia, Italy, Dutch, Portugal, Polish, Turkish, Swedish.||Languages incorporated in this software are English and Swedish.|
|3ds Max is available in different plans and offers as based on the package of Autodesk. Its type depends on the money how much we pay.||Sketchup is available in three different versions, i.e. Sketchup free, Sketchup for school, Sketchup Pro.|
|This software is very large and has lots of features in it which gives user loads of options for editing.||This application has bit low features than 3ds max, but still, UI is good.|
|If we consider the UI, then we get a black window here and all the editing tools. One can say that the 3d effect is good for editing.||Here the UI is like an actual 3d view, we feel like watching a video and gives a good appearance for editing.|
|This is a bit harder to learn as you have to impart yourself with training by watching videos or join any class nearby.||Learning this software is not a big deal; it’s a very easy software, and one can learn this within a day without going for any classes or watching any videos.|
After a long discussion and a great comparison of 3ds Max vs Sketchup, we conclude that If a user is interested in photorealistic renderings and animations, he/she should opt for 3ds max. Even he can get a job in the entertainment industry as well.
On the other hand, if the user is interested in modeling, designing, making new things, then he should go for Sketchup. Because he or she don’t have to go for training or spend a lot of time learning.
Since the reality of today’s world is that you shouldn’t restrict yourself to a single software. It’s you and your job; you have to explore yourself with the multiple software as much as you can.
This has been a guide to the top difference between 3ds Max vs Sketchup. Here we also discuss the differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more.