Introduction to XML Uses
XML has been defined as a universal data interchange and a cross-platform that helps in the transportation of data, and their tags are not predefined, so web developers can do their tags while working with no restrictions. They are used in many aspects for distributing data over the web. Most importantly, the main uses are to process and build our web forms to generate well. Another use is we can quickly add XML directly to a Web page. It is good to use XML in the application as it has been used as XML-based languages, several new languages to meet their Specific needs were based on XML. In this article, we will discuss the most popular application XML Uses. And we will also learn how these application uses of XML is enhancing the scope of Mark Up Language.
Uses of XML in various fields
In general, XML is playing a vital role in the web. Below we will give some specific domains that use XML application.
XML has a variety of uses in the sectors like Web, e-business, and mobile applications. Few XML-based Languages include XHTML, RSS, SMIL, WSDL, WAP, and SOAP. XML files are used to develop database-driven types. Due to their Flexibility, they could transfer data without missing descriptive information among corporate databases. Few examples like, with XML business-to-business applications share information electronically between buyers and sellers. It’s an excellent choice for exchange formats with small collections of data.
The following are a few of the applications for which XML is beneficial:
- Plays a major role in Web Publishing to do interactive web pages, enhancing the customer to customize a web page and gives a hand in creating e-commerce application elegantly. The beauty of XML is once the data is stored, it is then rendered by different users or remote devices by using the Style Sheet concept using Extensible Style Sheet.
- XML lets us in Searching and automating a task. Web Agents like Robots, web Searcher, or spiders are well efficient to give out reliable results. For instance, using HTML, the content is displayed as such, but with the XML, a piece of information contained in the tag element alone returns the result.
- We could use XML in general applications as it is a Standard format to access and retrieve information anywhere or any kind of device for their applications to display data.
- XML is also used for e-commerce applications to store the Product details also used for Business processing.
- Very good use of XML is to develop Content Management Systems. The Doc Book is used to generate XML Documents.
- As they are Scalable and reliable, the concept of XML is used in Android to write a UI code to design a perfect User interface. Those XML files are Layout, Strings XML, styles, and Dimensions.
- XML Parser helps to access data or to modify data in many technologies.
- XML is used in the family of technologies to work with metadata, where it plays an important role in server-side processing. It helps in opening new possibilities for distribution and transportation.
- Other uses of XML include Simple Object Access Protocol, a method invocation. In the case of Form Control, it helps in separating data on the form.
- The use of XML technologies helps in building new technologies like Web Services, Voice XML, and other wireless features.
XML makes it easier while implementing electronic data interchange (EDI) for interchange data information and business-to-business transactions. It also provides easier and simple portable metadata in a reusable format. It has made an interesting foundation in Pervasive Computing like personal digitals and mobile phones.
Few Applications of XML are the Biggest around Today
HTML, a first mark-up language, makes use of HTML as a backend service to store their data in the plain- text while working with massive Websites. Generally, XML is not used alone; it in concert with new Programming Languages. Many industries have created their standards for XML documents.
XHTML: A combination of Both XML and HTML, which simply displays an XML document in a Web Browsers. A sample Example is shown below.
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
This a New Web Page for EDUCBA Management!
Welcome to The Home Page!
This is well Oragnized Online Courses tied up With International Universities.
Here's a New Courses Available!
Scalable Vector Graphics
Using this, we can do two-dimensional graphics using XML mark-up to support animation. It supports the Styling and Scripting concept by which images can be animated and edited.
Vector Mark-up Language (VML)
This mark-up makes use of Vector Graphics on the web and makes the images in a vector format. The objects, namely rectangles, ovals could be resized and can be colored if a subset of XML is written using XML Syntax. And it supports versatile graphics.
The layout of the android is written in XML. The additional file content resources are added to them.
sample Android Code using XML
<string name="new_name">My Example</string>
<string name="Welcome">Hello Users!</string>
<string name="Page_settings">View Cahnges</string>
<string name="login_id">User name </string>
// Definition of a String.
Creating XML Structure in SQL Server
This is based on a schema. Here we have received a request to create an XML Document from the table created. The server provides an option.
WHERE BID = 12545
FOR XML AUTO, ELEMENTS
Resulting XML OUTPUT
< BID> 12545 </BID>
<profile> Permanent <profile>
<FName> Dorai <FName>
<MName> padma <MName>
<LName> sankar <LName>
There are a lot of XML applications that exist; in this article, we have covered only a few applications discussed only their goals and other impacts in recent Web Technology. We could see XML implementations everywhere on the Internet. So, with a good solid foundation of XML, one can write and do applications in XML.Xml is widely used in web development for data sharing, which is incredible in the field of Scientific and Industrial Sectors.
This is a guide to XML Uses. Here we discuss the Uses of XML in various fields and the Few Applications of XML that are the Biggest around Today. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –