Updated January 7, 2023
Several days in the year are marked important for many reasons. Some days are recognized internationally, and others have a national significance. We are going to update the list of world holidays over here.
Among the world’s important days, a few hours are observed as public holidays, while others are celebrated through events, ceremonies, conferences, and seminars. It is important to understand the significance of these days in their true essence, not just as world holidays.
Updated List of World Holidays 2023
Significance of Day
|World Braille day
|Tamil Thai Pongal day
|Korean New Year
|Vietnamese New Year
|Chinese New Year
|Laila al Miraj
|Tibetan New Year
|Lalat al Bara’a
|International Women’s Day
|Qing Ming Jie
|Burmeses New Year
|International Labour Day
|Dragon Boat Festival
|Eid al Adha
|Hijra New Year
|Parsi New Year
|Jewish New Year
|Baptism of Prophet
|All Saint’s Day
|New Year’s Eve
Days Recognized by United Nations
#1 World Water Day
- On March 22, World Water Day is observed to bring awareness to the conservation and rejuvenation of water for a sustainable world.
- The theme for World Water Day 2023 is ‘Accelerating Change’, which changes every year to focus on the upcoming goals.
- Sustainable Development Goal 6 mentions clean water and sanitation, which is essential for the survival of life on Earth.
- We all know that water is crucial for our sustenance and survival; hence, conserving water becomes necessary, and you must not neglect it.
We must understand and create awareness towards conserving water so that the future generation is not left in drought and struggle for their survival on planet Earth. Central countries worldwide use this day as a platform to organize events, conferences, and seminars to create awareness; hence, this can be added to the list of world holidays.
#2 International Women’s Day
- International Women’s Day falls every year on March 8, celebrating womanhood in its true spirit.
- It celebrates women’s progress and development in all social, cultural, and political fields.
- It also points towards the gap between males and females, which needs early intervention to accelerate the growth of this world.
- Growth in financial, social, and political fields is only possible when women have the power to make crucial decisions in their homes and working spaces.
#3 International Human Rights Day
- For the proper functioning of actual democracy, rights become crucial for any nation.
- To spread awareness of the importance of rights in the lives of all individuals, this day is recognized by the UN on December 10 every year with a different theme.
- The theme for 2023 has yet to be decided; however, for 2022, the theme was Dignity, Freedom, and Justice For All.
- Many human rights activists worldwide organize rallies, host seminars, and stream virtual events to make people realize their rights.
#4 World Food Day
- World Food Day celebrates the establishment of FAO, an organization of the UN.
- Every year on October 16, World Food Day is observed, which targets food security and hunger across the globe. The celebration in many countries counts as a world holiday.
#5 World Cities Day
- On October 31, the United Nations came up with this agenda to promote urbanization at an international level.
- Today’s cities are overflowing with people who lack sanitary living conditions and access to safe drinking water.
- This day highlights urbanization problems and seeks solutions to them.
These special days are observed as world holidays, encompassing a large population in their boundary. The aim these days recognized by the UN is to realize goals that benefit all.