Introduction to Weblogic Interview Questions And Answers
Weblogic is an application server that is compliant with Java EE specification and was developed by Oracle Corporation, and hence it is called as Oracle Weblogic Server. Oracle Weblogic Server was initially developed by BEA systems and was later acquired by Oracle and is being maintained by Oracle. It was licensed under the proprietary license. It was purely written using Java programming language. Its recent stable version was released in August 2017. Oracle Weblogic server comes under the Fusion Middleware Package of the Oracle Fusion Middleware products. It supports different database servers such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2 Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc. Oracle Weblogic Server supports different components as a part of an application server, such as JDBC pool configuration, JNDI configuration, JMS messaging standards etc.
Now, if you are looking for a job which is related to Weblogic, then you need to prepare for the 2021 Weblogic Interview Questions. It is true that every interview is different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important Weblogic Interview Questions and Answers, which will help you get success in your interview.
In this 2021 Weblogic Interview Questions article, we shall present the 10 most essential and frequently used Weblogic interview questions. These interview questions are divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 –Weblogic Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic Interview Questions and Answers.
Q1. What is a Weblogic Server, and explain its architecture?
A Weblogic Server is an application server that complies with Java EE standards developed by Oracle Corporation. It has different features and functionalities which supports the deployment and maintenance of Java Enterprise applications along with some infrastructural applications. It has client options with rich features such as Java clients with RMI, SOAP clients or any SOAP web services platform, web services with flexible options, enterprise scalability in e-businesses, security and many other messaging services. It has different software component tiers in its architecture. It is of multi-tier architecture and contains client tier, middle tier, and back-end tier. The client tier can be of any web-based browser, mobile device, or any other Java or GUI client. The middle tier is the Weblogic server, and the Backend tier contains different applications or databases.
Q2. What are the different application layers of Weblogic Server?
The Weblogic Server has different Application layers such as the Presentation layer, Business Layer and Service Layer. The different types of Application Layers in a Weblogic Server are as below–
- Presentation Layer: This presentation logic layer contains Server containers or any web application containers that will render web page content using technologies such as Servlet, JSP or HTML formats.
- Business Layer: This business layer contains containers which will hold business logic along with any Session Beans or Entity Beans. This may also contain an EJB called Entity Java Beans, which is of Java EE Specification.
- Service Layer: This Service Layer contains Services and its implementation, which will provide the business logic functionality as the endpoints and messaging services such as JMS, JNDI, JDBC or any other protocols such as HTTP RMI or SSL.
Q3. What is Multicasting in Weblogic Cluster?
The process of multicasting in the Weblogic cluster is defined as handling the process of messaging communications among different IP Sockets. It establishes a peer to peer communication.
Q4. What is Clustering in Weblogic Server?
This is the common Weblogic Interview Questions asked in an interview. The Clustering is the process of establishing multiple server instances to make them work together to develop high efficiency and produce greater scalability for the larger complex applications where the number of users of the application is high.
Q5. What are the different Networking protocols used in the Weblogic Server?
The different networking protocols used for the communication in the Weblogic Server are mentioned below:
- SOAP – It is a Simple Object Access Protocol which is a messaging format used in the web services that access as a protocol for the web services standard.
- HTTP – Hyper Text Transfer Protocol is used in the web standards for communication.
- HTTP – It a secure form of HTTP used in the web browsers over Secure Socket Layer.
- IIOP – Internet Inter-ORB protocol which is used in the CORBA clients to establish a connection with Weblogic Server.
- IIOPS – It is an IIOP protocol that is of secure form.
- RMI – It is called a Remote Method Invocation which is used to establish a connection in the case of applications in the distributed environment.
- T3 – It is a Weblogic protocol that is used to establish a connection between Java applications over multiple network connections.
- T3S – It a Weblogic protocol that is of secure form.
Part 2 – Weblogic Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced Interview Questions and Answers.
Q6. What is a Domain in Weblogic Server?
The Domain in a Weblogic Server is defined as a group of resources from the Weblogic Server which contains different instances or types of servers such as Administration Server, where all the resources are managed by using this group in the name of the domain. All the managed servers can be placed or grouped into a domain to manage them. A domain can handle single or multiple installations of servers.
Q7. What is a Managed Server in Weblogic Server?
A Managed Server in a Weblogic Server is defined as an instance of a Weblogic server which is used to manage the web applications deployed by the developer. These applications can be of any type, such as Web Applications, Web Services, EJB Applications or JMS Applications. Every managed server will have its configuration. All the Java components can be deployed into this managed server.
Q8. What are the different modes of installation of Weblogic server?
The different modes of installation of Weblogic Server are Silent, Graphical and Console mode. Silent mode is based on the configuration files instead of manual intervention during the installation process. Graphical is a kind of GUI interaction with the user during the installation process, whereas Console mode is an interactive mode similar to that of commands based.
Q9. What is JVM tuning in the Weblogic server?
This is the most popular Weblogic Interview Questions asked in an interview. The JVM tuning is the process of enhancing the performance of the JVM execution engine in the Weblogic server by configuring or changing few parameters in the server such as heap size, garbage collection etc.
Q10. What is Node Manager in Weblogic server?
Node Manager is a separate process that runs independent of the Weblogic server and is used for the operation of tasks specified for managed tasks apart from administrative management tasks.
This has been a guide to the list of Weblogic Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crackdown these Interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied top Weblogic Interview Questions, which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –