Introduction to Virtualization Softwares
Virtualization software can be defined as a kind of a computer program which helps in achieving IT abstraction, to make it clear it can be said as it helps in hiding or masking the physical resources from the end-user.
In this article, we will see what Virtualization Software is, and how to achieve virtualization using it. Virtualization can be explained as the computer inside another computer generally, it is used to share the computer resources and reduce the cost of infrastructure by the businesses, there are different software and platforms available in the market to achieve virtualization. We will also discuss how different software is used to achieve this. We will also see the pros and cons of each software’s which we will discuss we will see on some of the use cases where virtualization is achieved by this software.
Benefits of Using Virtualization Software
- One can use multiple operating systems in a single computer.
- One can share the components of the single operating system hosted centrally on multiple computer systems located at a different geographical location.
- With the use of virtualization software, one can utilize the full capacity of the computer system as this helps improves the performances in terms of speed and functionality.
- Virtualization software also provides security options which help to keep the data as well as the resources that are shared among different users safe. There is a feature known as a snapshot in the virtualization where one can take a backup of a current working system and restore that when the system runs into trouble.
Now let’s discuss the different Virtualization Softwares which are available in the market to do virtualization:
1. SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
- This is kind of management software for all the virtual machine, this software helps in tracking the performance and fixing if there are any performance issues such as memory and storage
- It provides complete visibility for all the virtual machines attached to the system
- The Tool has the functionality to manually fix all the performance issues and trigger anything if any issues are reported
- This tool is also useful in maintaining the cloud platforms and the check on the usage or performance of it.
- There are triggers and automatic indications present in the tool which helps the user to monitor everything properly.
2. VMware Fusion
- This software is for the mac users where one can run Windows, Linux, Unix and any other operating system on there mac using this software.
- VMware Fusion also supports cloud-based platforms for virtualization
- The VMware fusion pro version provides the facility of integration of different development tools with it
- This software is very simple to use and can support real-time demonstration for different software’s and applications
- It also has a rollback point where can save the last proper working versions of the OS and can go back to it whenever required.
- The only con as of now for this is the drag and drop functionality is not proper and needs improvement.
3. Parallels Desktop
- This software is also for the mac users to use windows and another operating system
- This supports windows 10 and mac OS High Sierra
- They provide lots of different tools which are very useful for daily day to day tasks
- The view for this software is very good and it requires no reboot while installation
- The performance for the application inside the virtual OS is also very fast and easily usable without any lag
4. Virtual Box
- This virtual box comes from Oracle and the best part of them is its very
- This software is used in windows to run different operating systems
- At a time, it can host up to 4 operating system
- It supports drag and drops feature and the window can be minimized and resized
5. VMware Workstation
- This is the most popular and widely used virtualization software
- It supports multiple operating systems especially windows and Linux
- Its made for the developers and IT professionals who generally work on different OS
- This can be integrated with multiple applications
- This software also supports cloud applications
- This software is used for hardware virtualization
- This is also an open-source free software
- There is no restriction for the host OS that means this software can run in mac as well as a windows system
- But the only con in this is it’s not at all user-friendly
7. Windows Virtual PC
- This software comes with the windows operating system
- This is only for the windows users and it is very much user-friendly
- One can use the print option from inside the virtual box and can run multiple virtual machines simultaneously
- The only drawback for this one is that it doesn’t support any other OS apart from the windows
8. Microsoft Hyper V
- This software comes bundled with Microsoft windows server 2008 and later
- It provides hardware virtualization
- This software supports the running of multiple virtual machines
- This supports cloud as well such as Microsoft Azure
- This supports multiple versions of the Linux operating system
9. RedHat Virtualization
- This virtualization software comes from the Redhat family.
- This software is written in java and as promised by the Redhat software company it provides very good performance for the application which are running inside the virtual machine
- It’s an open-source system so any user can tweak around the code and make it work for his own use and application.
- It’s free software and the installation for this is very easy.
In this article, we have discussed how to achieve virtualization and what exactly is virtualization software we have also discussed on the various software’s available in the market to achieve virtualization and what are its pros and cons.
This is a guide to Virtualization Softwares. Here we discuss an introduction, definition of Virtualization Softwares with benefits and the top 9 Virtualization Softwares in the market. You can also go through our other related articles to learn more –