Updated April 18, 2023
Introduction to UWP
The Universal Window App is based on the UWP, which was released as the Windows Runtime in Windows 8. Universal Windows (UWP) is implemented in Windows 10, which further improves the Windows Runtime model. In Windows 8.1, WinRT was compatible for the first fois with Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1, both Windows phone and Windows applications, using a common codebase to support Universal Windows 8 apps. Windows 10 Unified Core, now known as Windows Core, reaches where UWP offers a common app platform on any Windows 10-based system.
Features of UWP App
- It can use various functions of the device and change the UI to different screen dimensions, resolutions and DPIs of the device.
- UWP apps announce the computer and data that they access. This must be permitted by the consumer.
- Accessible on all computers operating on Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store. In the Microsoft Store, you can make money from your app in many levels.
Lets have a look on scaling and effective pixels:
- UWP apps run from your TV to your tablet or PC on all Windows 10 computers. But how do you build a user interface that looks good on a wide range of appliances and screens? UWP allows user interfaces to be readable and conveniently connected to all devices and screen sizes, by automatically changing them.
- When the app is running on your computer, the system uses an algorithm to normalize how the user interface elements appear on your screen. This scaling algorithm combines the viewing distance and the viewing density which means PPI (pixels per inch) (rather than physical size). The scaling algorithm helps the user to read a 24 px font at Surface Hub 10 foot as well as a 24 px font on a 5-inch phone.
- The way the scaling method works, the UWP application you build does not have real physical pixels, but effective pixels. Efficient pixels (epx) are a virtual measuring unit and are used to communicate layout and distance regardless of screen density.
- In multiple 4 epx the UWP applications, the scale, margin and location of the elements of UI should always be.
- UWP scales in a variety of devices with 100 percent scaling plateau, 125 percent, 175 percent, 200 percent, 225 percent, 300 percent, 350 percent and 400 percent. The base unit is 4 since it’s the only integer that is not entirely scalable (e.g. 4 *1.5 = 6). With four multiples, all UI elements are matched with pixels and UI elements have short, sharp borders.
Since UWP apps scale to all devices automatically, the design of a UWP application is identical for all devices. Start right from the start of your UWP application’s UI.
2. Page Layout
What are these pages meant to look like? Well, most pages are organized according to a standard layout to make it easy to navigate across and inside your app pages. Usually, pages contain three UI element types: Content elements display the contents of the app. Command elements trigger behavior, for example manipulation, storage or content sharing. Browsing elements allow users to pick the content to be displayed. Command elements trigger behavior, for example manipulation, storage or content sharing.
Popular controls represent the system subject and the color accent automatically, function with all types of input, and scale to all devices. This represents the Fluent Design Framework – they are adaptive, empathic and lovely. Popular controls use their default styles of light, motion and depth so you integrate our Fluent Design Framework into your app by using them.
Smart experiences are the basis of UWP applications. Without understanding or identifying whether a click is from a mouse, style, or a finger tap, you may establish interaction with a click. However, for unique input modes, you can also build your applications.
The interface platform of UWP offers a collection of standard controls that are assured that all Windows devices function properly and conform to our principles for fluent design. Simple controls like buttons or text elements, sophisticated controls that create lists from the data set and the prototype, all involve these controls.
Benefits of UWP
- It is more, stable. Only once the user/owner of the computer has allowed access to the device resources.
- This does not mean that we cannot use the device-specific properties, so all the separate characteristics of a given device can be used.
This is a guide to UWP. Here we discuss the introduction, features of UWP app along benefits for better understanding. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –