Updated May 31, 2023
Top Tourist Places in Yelagiri
Are you bored with your dull & tedious life? Do you want to stay far away from the madding crowd for a few days? So, what are you waiting for? In India, we have a gamut of travel options to explore. One such travel destination that can make your dull days happen and is worth remembering is Yelagiri.
A small and beautiful hill station in the arms of Tamil Nadu, Yelagiri is the perfect getaway for people who want to be in serenity for a few days.
We have summed up some valuable information about the place to help you with the travel itinerary to this fantastic location. Before you check in to a destination, you must know the place in detail. Therefore, continue reading the article and brush up on your knowledge regarding the place.
Yelagiri is a small and beautiful hill station in Tamil Nadu, located at a height of 1,111 meters above the sea-level. The hill station comprises 14 hamlets, numerous temples, and mesmerizing scenic views. From Chennai, you can reach the destination by road in just 4 hours and 30 minutes. This hill station dates back to the British colonial days. Yelagiri is famous for its trekking activities as well. Numerous trekking points make this place famous amongst trekkers.
Best time to visit
You can visit Yelagiri with your loved ones throughout the year. But the best visiting time is from November to mid-February. Yelagiri receives heavy rainfall in summer, and the roads become severely affected. Therefore, if you plan to explore Yelagiri this year, plan a trip in winter. Winter is the best time to enjoy the scenic beauty of this beautiful hill station in Tamil Nadu.
Tourist Places to explore in Yelagiri
Plenty of tourist spots and scenic beauty surround Yelagiri, the hill station in Tamil Nadu. We have a list of the top 7 places that you must visit when in Yelagiri.
#1 Fundera Park
If you are traveling with your little one, visit the amazing Fundera Park in Yelagiri. The park houses over 300 exotic birds enthralling you and your little one. Watching these beautiful birds playing and making different sounds to attract visitors is a delight. The caretakers let the birds fly freely in large aviaries. You can feed them and even see them up close. Besides birds, you will also see and play with kittens, cows, goats, rabbits, and guinea pigs.
- Best time to visit: during the winter months of November to February
- Things to do: Enjoy scenic beauty, boating, and children’s play area
#2 Nilavoor Lake
Another mesmerizing tourist spot to explore in Yelagiri is the beautiful Nilavoor Lake. This is an artificial lake situated in the Nilavoor village in Yelagiri. Visitors can enjoy motorboat riding and pedals in the Lake, along with viewing the stunning scenic beauty of the Nilavoor village. The picture-perfect surroundings of the Lake will make you amazed for sure.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Nilavoor Lake is during the winter months of November to February when the weather is pleasant, and the Lake is at its fullest.
- Things to do: Bird watching and relaxing with family, can also enjoy beautiful nature
#3 Perumal Temple
If you are a spiritual person, you would love to spend quality time in the calm and quiet Perumal Temple, one of the most prominent temples in Yelagiri. Flooded with devotees throughout the year, Perumal Temple is a must-visit spot in Yelagiri. The temple’s local artistry and beautiful rangoli will surely divert your attention.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit the Perumal Temple in Yelagiri is between October and February when the weather is pleasant and cool. During this time, the temperature ranges between 10 to 25°C, making it an ideal time for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
- Things to do: Visit a temple, participate in prayers, and paraglide.
#4 Punganoor Lake Park
The Punganoor Lake Park is one of the famous spots to explore in Yelagiri. This lake cum park offers a fantastic view of the hill station and a serene ambiance. People of all ages visit this lake park with their loved ones as it covers a vast area. You can go boating and pedaling in the Lake and even take a short walk to enjoy the scenic beauty of the spot.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Punganoor Lake Park is between November and February when the weather is cool and pleasant.
- Things to do: Nature walk, picnic, and boating.
#5 Jalagamparai Waterfalls
One of the most crowded spots in Yelagiri is the mesmerizing Jalagamparai Waterfalls, located a bit far from the main Yelagiri area. The famous Attaru River meanders through the Yelagiri hills and cascades down, creating a waterfall. This is a beautiful spot to visit with your family. You must walk a while from the Yelagiri downhill to reach this destination. If traveling with an aged member, ensure you are well prepared.
- Best time to visit:- The best time to visit Jalagamparai Waterfalls is between October and February when the weather is pleasant, and the water flow is at its peak. However, visitors can also visit during the monsoon season (June to September) to witness the waterfall in full glory, but the trekking trail may become challenging during this time.
- Things to do: trekking, photography, swimming, picnicking, and bird watching.
#6 Yelagiri Adventure Camp
People who love adventure must visit the Yelagiri Adventure Camp, offering the best for travelers. The Tamil Nadu Government started this camp to attract more travelers. You can enjoy trekking, the Bungee trampoline, parallel zip lines, mountain climbing, paragliding, shooting, and archery. Don’t worry about safety, as experienced people manage these activities. Visitors can also enjoy campfires, musical nights, and environmental talks.
- Best time to visit:- The best time to visit Yelagiri Adventure Camp is between October and February when the weather is pleasant and the temperature is moderate.
- Things to do:- trekking, rock climbing, and zip lining.
#7 Yelagiri Forest Hill
Yelagiri Forest hill in Yelagiri will make your trip memorable for sure. This is an ecological paradise for nature lovers. Walking through the area will let you explore vast stretches of paddy fields, horticulture fields, and numerous trees. The beautiful orchid farms and rose gardens are a must-watch. Travelers can also perform trekking and hiking if they want to. Make sure you have taken all the precautions before getting into these activities.
- Best time to visit:- The best time to visit Yelagiri Forest Hill is from November to February when the weather is pleasant and comfortable. The temperature during this time ranges from 10°C to 25°C, making it perfect for outdoor activities.
- Things to do:- Trekking, Boating, nature walk, and paragliding.
Hopefully, you are now enriched with ideas about the famous tourist places in Yelagiri. Besides traveling to these famous spots, don’t forget to enjoy their much-talked-about south Indian delicacy. Make sure you’ve booked your accommodation for a relaxing trip to Yelagiri. Pack your bags and get ready to explore the stunning hill station with your loved ones.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Tourist Places in Yelagiri” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,