About Tim Allen
- Tim Allen is a well-known and established American actor and comedy writer known for playing Tim “the Toolman” Taylor in Home Improvement (ABC Sitcom). Tim Allen’s full name is Timothy Alan Dick, and he has been in the profession since 1975.
- He started as a comedian and participated in a comedy night show called Comedy Castle. Mark Ridley hosted the show in Royal Oak. Tim Allen got famous for the same and started appearing in local television commercials.
- His work was only seen on the cable comedy show Some Semblance of Sanity. Later, he moved to LA and performed regularly at The Comedy Store. His leading work as a stand-up comedian has seen, as well as notable appearances in films and other records.
- Tim Allen rose to fame in 1991 with an ABC sitcom show called Home Improvement. He played the prominent lead role called Tim The Tool Man Taylor. He has exclusively worked in Disney’s Toy Story, Jungle 2 Jungle, and Galaxy Quest. He was also featured in The Santa Clause 2 and has done much work in short films.
- He has also narrated television and radio commercials for Pure Michigan as the Travel Michigan agency. These commercials got famous in 2009. He also hosted the 8th Annual TV Land Awards in 2010 and enchanted the crowd with his charisma.
|Timothy Alan Dick
|June 13, 1953
|Laura Deibel (m. 1984; div. 2003)
Jane Hajduk (m. 2006)
|Stand-up, film, and television
Tim Allen Early Life
- Tim Allen, aka Timothy Alan Dick, was born in Colorado on June 13, 1953. He was born in Denver in the city and was the third oldest son.
- Tim Allen had six siblings, and he was the third one to his mother, Martha Katherine.
- Martha Katherine, aka nee Fox, was a well-known community service work in her region.
- Gerald M Dick (father) was a real estate agent.
- Tim Allen had two elder brothers and two younger ones. He also had one younger sister.
- His father passed away in a car accident around 1964 in November. It was a hit-and-run case when a driver was drunk.
- Tim Allen was just 11 when his father passed away.
- Tim’s mother married again- this time with her high school sweetheart (who was also a business executive).
- Martha Katherine moved with him and the six children to Birmingham, Michigan.
- Tim Allen’s stepfather already had three children. The family lived together in Birmingham.
- Tim Allen personally didn’t like the change. It was new and challenging for the kids.
- He didn’t leave his studies and attended school along with theatre and music classes.
- He studied at Swahili High School in Birmingham and got his love for Classical Piano.
- Tim Allen attended Central Michigan University and later transferred to Western Michigan University in 1974.
- He explored his comedy skills at a radio station called WIDR and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in communications and television production. He was also an expert in philosophy and design (as a minor).
- Tim Allen started his career in 1975 as a comedian at Comedy Castle.
- He was appreciated and got the chance to star in tv commercials and comedy cable shows like Some Semblance of Sanity.
- Tim Allen became a regular comedian and got an honorary fine arts degree with the distinguished alumni award from his university.
- Tim Allen is known as Tim The Tool-Man Taylor in the popular American sitcom Home Improvement.
- Later, he also starred in the top-rated movie The Santa Clause. Allen was also the voice of Buzz Lightyear for the movie Toy Story.
- Tim Allen also starred in Disney’s Jungle 2 Jungle and returned as the voice of Buzz Lightyear for Toy Story 2.
- Tim Allen was a part of a sci-fi parody of Galaxy Quest with Alan Rickman and others.
- He also got the role of Scott Calvin in the movie Santa Clause 2 back in 2022 and starred in many Christmas movies.
- He was also a part of Crazy on the Outside film as a stand-up comedian in 2010.
- He also starred in a Netflix comedy movie called El Camilo Christmas in 2017 and did a cameo as Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story 4.
5 Best Movies
|Movie / Television
|Home improvement – Television
|Lead role (204 episodes); and executive producer (seasons 6–8)
|The Santa Clause- movie
|Scott Calvin/ Santa Clause
|Toy Story- movie
|Jungle 2 Jungle
Awards and Honors
Tim Allen won the People’s choice awards as the male performer in 1992, 1993, and 1995. He also won the TV Guide Award for favorite actor in coney in 1999, the Annie Award for outstanding voice acting in 2000, and the TV Land award for Fan Favourite in 2009. He also won the TV Guide Award under the Favourite Comeback category in 2012.