Introduction to Service Desk Manager
Who does not love to help people and earn money for the same? Well, service desk managers do that job of helping and directing people who approach them and also handles the people who work under them. Service desk managers may not help people directly, but they should have charisma and behavior that make others approach them and get things done smoother and faster than ever. In addition, the knowledge of the services provided by the enterprise makes them more efficient and approachable to others. The importance of the service manager is explained below.
Importance of Service Desk Manager
- The main task of the service desk is to handle the complaints received by them. This makes the managers know the customers’ problems and hence ask for solutions required by them. The productivity of the company can be improved with this approach. For example, the customer may call and raise an issue related to the product they have received. The cab record and pacify the customer for the time being. If the issue persists and a greater number of customers raise the same concern, service desk managers can forward the company executives’ issue. They should look into the issue for a better market. This tracking of the issue and solving it make the customers believe in the company brand, which improves productivity.
- As a continuation of the above point, this approach of solving the issue in a more effective manner improves customer trust in the company. Customer is satisfied for the time being, and the chances of them approaching the same company are more. We know that we look for products with proper services and customer representatives while buying a new product. This makes the customers also to suggest the same brand and same company to their friends and acquaintances. A satisfying single customer could bring in a business of ten people. And this can be done easily by offering them the services the company owe the customer for.
- When customers call and complain about the product, it is necessary to make changes in the product to satisfy and improve the product’s market. This makes the product’s quality to be improved by all means. The product will be known for its quality as the customers will require the same. We should offer them a product which they will require again. The service desk will make this fruitful by making the voice of customers known in the company and raising concerns if the quality standard of the product is not met. The quality department should keep in touch with the service desk manager as the customers will know the quality of the product and the duration of the service of any product. Testing of the product from the customer side can be done with the help of service desk managers.
- Improving the quality of the product and keeping the quality as a benchmark helps in the cost-saving of the company in the long run. If the quality of the product is not good, customers will ask for a replacement, and the inventory of the unused and damaged products will become higher than ever. This will make the products to be placed in a warehouse, and the cost of all these has to be born by the parent company. On the other hand, if the quality products are offered, then damage and replacement of the products will not happen. The cost of the inventory can be used for new products and improve the capacity of the product up to the customer’s expectation.
How to become a Successful Service Desk Manager?
1. Logical thinking and a tactical approach to problems are the first and foremost attributes of a service desk manager. When a customer calls and raises a complaint or puts forward a request, understanding the problem and providing them with a solution is a must. This should happen at that moment as customers cannot be made to wait for a longer duration.
2. Basic understanding of the enterprise and the products and services they offer, along with the basic idea of IT, is important for any service desk manager. When a customer calls in, it is the service desk’s responsibility to address the problem and provide them with an appropriate solution for the same. Without understanding the organization’s infrastructure, the managers can’t understand customer’s concerns.
3. Language skills are important to handle the role of the service desk. Knowledge of more than two languages is good so that if the customer is not fluent in the native language or English, another common vernacular language can help them address the concerns and make the customers comfortable. This improves the customers’ satisfaction, and they will be happy to call the service desk again for the surveys or for information.
4. Time management is another skill to be owned by the service desk manager. The customers’ calls should be addressed within a given time, and the resolution should be provided within the approved time of the problem. If time management is not followed, customers might look for another organization, resulting in a loss of business.
5. All the customer details should be noted as they may not repeat the same query. This small attention will help save time and improve the company’s productivity by addressing the minute details provided by the customers. In addition, the feeling of being wanted will make customers happy.
6. Emotionally approaching the customers will make them feel at ease, and they will be comfortable. Hence, the service desk managers should be with higher emotional intelligence to manage the customers from any side of the problem with any kind of approach. This makes the successful service desk manager.
It is important to know the attributes the service desk managers should possess for a suHowever, evensful business. Even the service desk managers can make businesses succeed or fail with their approach to the customers who raise their concerns.
This is a guide to the Service Desk Manager. Here we discuss the Introduction of the Service Desk Manager and its importance in detail. You can also go through our suggested articles to learn more –