Definition of Seaborn
Seaborn in python issued to create graphics which is easy to manage. Seaborn is a library provided by python which basically helps to visualize the data and make it more and more undertakable by the user. With the help of the library, we can plot our data and make a graphical representation of it. Internally this library uses matplotlib, in short, it is based on matplotlib only. This also makes it efficient to create attractive and more informative graphics representation of our data. This library is integrated with the pandas data structure. In the coming section of the tutorial, we will see how to use a seaborn library to make interactive graphics and understand its working in detail.
Why Do We Need Seaborn?
We always have a large amount of data, or we may have some applications which deal with the large data so in order to representation our data in a good way we may require some library which can be able to represent our data that is begin stored in a table, array, list, and other data structure efficiently. So seaborn is the library which can represent our data stored in an array, list o any other data structure in a graphical form. Which helps user and developers to get more clarity of data if we need to handle large data in our application. So in order to visualize our data, we can use the seaborn library from python it is based on matplotlib only. This can be used for model fitting and data representation etc. This library is data oriented but we need to install it before using it. In the coming section, we will explore more about internal working.
How Seaborn Works?
Seaborn is the python library that is used to create the plot and graphics representation of the data, internally it maps our data and create an informative plot of the data, which is easy to understand the data. Let’s take a look at what steps needs to be taken in order to use the seaborn library in our program see below;
First we need to install the seaborn library in order to use it; follow the below commands to install it
- pip install seaborn
When we install this library it will also install some of the basic library for us which are mentioned below;
If you want to use this in your program then we have to import this while programming;
import seaborn as sns As you can see in the above line of syntax we are using a simple import statement followed by the library name we can give the alias name to use this further. It provide us various methods to handle our graphics and design graphics to show the data, we will see one sample example of how to create this;
- import: First import this in the program. using below statement;
- import seaborn as sns
- set_theme(): This method is provided by the seaborn library only, which is used to set the default them for the plot.
- dataset: After this used to load the dataset. These datasets are nothing but the data frames from pads as, It is very flexible to accept data structure. The method used to load the dataset is; ‘load_dataset()’ inside this you can pass your dataset.
- relplot: This method is provide by the seaborn library which is used to create the visualization of data over the plot. Inside this, we can pass our data, name for x and y-axis, style, size, hue, and many more attribute. We can call this on seaborn library alias name which we used at the first step. Let’s take a look at its syntax in detail see below;
x="name for x axis", y="name for y axis",
hue="your_hue", style="your_style", size="and size",
We have one more important property of relplot() function which is ‘kind’ this property lets us easily switched between the different representation style line, dot, etc. In the coming section of the tutorial, we will see one practice example to understand its implementation and usage in detail.
We have some advantages of using seaborn in our application which is as follows;
- By using the seaborn library we can easily represent our data on plot.
- This library is used to visualize our data, we do not need to take care of the internal details we just have to pass our data set or data inside the relplot() function and it will calculate and place the value accordingly.
- Inside this, we can switch to any other representation of data using ‘kind’ property inside it.
- It create an interactive and informative plot to representation our data, also this is easy for user to understand and visualize the records on application.
- It uses static aggregation for plot generation in python.
- As it is based on the matplotlib so while installing seaborn we also have other library installed, out of which we have matplotlib which is also provide several features and functions to create more interactive plots in python.
Some of the disadvantages are:
- There is no such disadvantages of using the seaborn library, one thing that we have to do is its installation because it is not in built in python. we require to install this before use by using some commands. Apart from this, it does not have any disadvantages, it is also not a disadvantage but a step added to use this while programming.
Usage of Seaborn
Usage of seaborn are given below:
- Data visualization
- Use to show data as a line plot.
- Use to create high level informative and attractive plot to show the data.
By we have already discussed that it is basically used for data visualization because in our application we have a large amount of data that needs to be represent to the user in some readable and undertakable format, so seaborn helps the user to visualize data in the form of graphics. which makes it attractive and efficient.
This is a guide to Seaborn. Here we also discuss the definition and how seaborn works? along with advantages and disadvantages. you may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –