Updated June 1, 2023
Best Restaurant in Ottawa
Canada offers a gateway to an exciting dining experience through its sprawling chains of lavish restaurants. Offering a great range of exotic delicacies, one can’t resist but dine out in the top restaurants in Ottawa.
Restaurants in Ottawa
So, let’s discuss the top 4 restaurants in Ottawa to dine at this year.
Love minimalist yet peppy decors? The doors of the Atelier await your steps in its restaurant. The restaurant offers a calm atmosphere with black-white combination interiors.
Address: 540 Rochester Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 4M1
Price: The Cost per guest starts from Rs 13,694, Approx.
Timings: Wed-Sat: 6 PM-8 PM
Cuisine: Contemporary Canadian cuisine
What to eat: Some food you can devour here:
- Carta Faya
- Juicy fresh Soft-shell Crab
- Savory tender duck wing
Signature Dish: The dynamic 44-course menu, with an ever-changing menu, gives off a unique splash of flavors.
This 19th-century Parisian cafe with warm lighting and overhanging lamps gives off a romantic date vibe and is among Ottawa’s must-visit restaurants.
The dark-wooden tables with black leather booths give off a dining experience in this modern bistro one can remember.
Address: 1208 Wellington Street West, Ottawa, Ontario
Price: Rs 610-2,442 Approx
Timings: Tue-Wed: 11:30 AM-2 PM; 5 PM-9 PM
Cuisine: The restaurant specializes in International, Canadian and French delicacies.
What to eat: Devour butterflied duck breast with a mushroom ragout. Besides, beef tartare with a bearnaise aioli and smoked bacon burgers with special sauce is to die for.
Signature Dish: Its ever-changing theme is a delight to look for foodies with no single signature dish.
If you want to enjoy the native Canadian cuisine, Fraser is one of those restaurants in Ottawa where you can go.
Opened in May 2008, it offers a casual and lively setting with brickwork walls matched with cream-white walls and wooden tables.
Address: 7, Springfield Road, Ottawa, Ontario K1M 1C8
Price: The food costs from Rs 424-3,348 Approx
- Sat-Sun: 10 AM-2 PM(Brunch only)
- Wed-Fri: 11:30 AM-2 PM (Lunch only)
- Wed-Sun: 5 PM Onwards(Dinner Only)
Cuisine: Canadian-style cuisine
What to eat: The visitor’s love for Duck Liver Mousse and Lamb Roulade can’t be enough as you devour in one of the renowned restaurants in Ottawa.
- Crispy Tofu paired with a mild and fresh taste of house sauce.
- Duck Confit is a highly recommended dish to leave you holy-moly as it melts gracefully in your mouth with a tender touch.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu: Swiss cheese and Swiss Ham sandwiched between the chicken breasts. Devour it with the tangy cream sauce made with Dijon mustard and Parmesan cheese.
#4 Side Door
As cliche as it sounds, this hub is best for street food enthusiasts. The stone-walled cozy place smells of aroma everywhere and comes in our top restaurants in Ottawa.
Address: 18b York St Ottawa, Ontario K1N 5T5
Price: Rs 365-9,129
- Mon-Wed: 12 PM-9 PM
- Thur-Sat: 12 PM-10 PM
Cuisine: The restaurant has South Asian-inspired cuisine with Vietnamese and Thai cuisine and is one of the best restaurants in Ottawa.
What to eat?
Food lovers will love a plethora of dishes for a delightful experience. These include:
- Gong Bao Chicken: it is a sweet-cum spicy chicken with roasted peanuts
- Coconut Fritter: A yellow curry with pickled tangy mango chutney
- New Tan-Tan Ramen: Sizzling sesame pork with pickled chilled Ramen Eggs (Ajitsuke Tamago).
Signature Dish: A restaurant’s signature dish is what sets it apart from the rest, especially in the restaurants in Ottawa.
- For the Side door, its Green Papaya Salad does its job well.
- With the delicious crunch with tartiness paired with fresh aroma and spice, this Thai dish is a top choice.
- If your soul craves non-vegetarian dishes, give Crispy Duck tacos or Pork Carnitas a try. Their flavors give a lip-smacking experience.
- Try Little Tokyo and Caught in the Rain, two crazy cocktails of its range of signature cocktails.
Whether you are vacationing or coming out of a long-long business meeting, grabbing a grub in one of the best restaurants in Ottawa is what you deserve.
So, ready for a crazy memorable gastronomical journey? Head down to one of these top restaurants in Ottawa now!