Updated June 1, 2023
Republic of Mauritius
Mauritius is a beautiful place that offers some of the best cuisines across the globe. There are so many restaurants to choose from, which makes it hard to decide which ones you want to visit. If you are looking for the best restaurants in Mauritius, look no further! This article will cover an overview of the top 4 Restaurants in Mauritius. From fine dining experiences to local eateries, this list ensures you get mouth-watering food that will tantalize your taste buds.
Top 4 Restaurants in Mauritius
If you’re searching for an unforgettable culinary experience, these are the top 4 restaurants in Mauritius where you must dine.
#1 Le Flamboyant
The restaurant Le Flamboyant is located at the Sofitel So in Bel Ombre. It is said to be one of Mauritius’ fabulous restaurants due to its unique architecture, ample dining room that looks out over an indoor pool, and azure lagoon area. Talking of the food, this restaurant is famous for its French and Mauritian delicacies, which are then topped by a chef’s invention, resulting in a delicious dish on the plate. If you are exploring vegetarian restaurants in Mauritius, this is a terrific spot to eat with your family.
- Address: Royal Road, Beau Champ, Bel Ombre, Mauritius
- Price: The pricing starts at $47.23
- Timings: 06:30 AM to 10:30 PM
- Cuisine: International, French, Seafood, Mauritian, and Vegetarian
- What to eat: Moules frites, Choucroute, Mussels, Pizza, Beef Bourguignon, Parfait, wine
- Signature Dish (Must Order): Ravioles De Marlin Fume and Dim Sum
#2 Citronella Restaurant & Cafe
At the elegant Citronella Restaurant & Cafe, treat yourself to the wonderful flavor of authentic Italian cuisine. The restaurant has a theme of the Italian market. Its extensive menu offers mouth-watering Italian and other cuisines, making it one of the top restaurants in Mauritius. The cheerful ambiance will make your dining experience more comfortable and stylish.
- Address: Flic en Flac, Sugar Beach Resort and Spa, Wolmar
- Price: The pricing starts at $1.81-$55.53
- Timings: 12:30 to 3 PM and 7 to 10 PM (Mondays are closed at this restaurant)
- Cuisine: Italian and International
- What to eat: Pizza, Seafood, Fish, Pasta, Lasagna, Steaks, Lamb, Sirloin, Pork, Risotto
- Signature Dish (Must Order): Wood-fired Pizza and Seasonal Salads
#3 Château Mon Désir
Château Mon Désir is a luxurious restaurant within the Maritim Resort & Spa, considered Mauritius’ center for fine cuisine. One of the few restaurants in Mauritius with a view of the Citron River and the Balaclava ruins is famous for its lavish Sunday brunches and exclusive wine cellars. The atmosphere has a very royal vibe, making it an excellent location for private or colossal dining. When visiting Mauritius, please make a reservation at this restaurant to enjoy luxury.
- Address: Maritim Resort and Spa, Turtle Bay, Balaclava
- Price: $79.25 – $1322.20
- Timings: 7 PM to 10 PM (Tuesday to Saturday) and 11 AM to 2 PM (Sunday)
- Cuisine: European, French, and International
- What to eat: Starter, Main course (Crayfish Ravioli and Lobster Curry), and Delicious spoon.
- Signature Dish (Must Order): Crayfish Ravioli and Lobster Spiced
#4 Escale Creole
Escale Creole provides an authentic variety of food for lovers looking for the finest cuisine. Along with a wide variety of other international delicacies, the restaurant is famous for serving the best Mauritius cuisine. Hence, whether you are vacationing in Mauritius with your loved one or arranging a family dinner, you must visit this fantastic location to serve delectable and flavorful food cooked by top chefs.
- Address: Moka, Mauritius 80804, Bois Cheri Road
- Price: $13 – $19
- Timings: 12:00 PM to 2:45 PM
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Cajun and Creole, and Gluten Free
- What to eat: Rougaille Saucisse, Vindaye Poisson, ‘La Rougaille’, ‘Le Cari’, ‘Le Vindaye’ and ‘Le Salmi, Mauritian cuisine
- Signature Dish (Must Order): Mauritian cuisine
For food lovers, Mauritius is a beautiful fine dining place. With the perfect blend of French, Indian, and Chinese flavors, you can’t go wrong with one of these four fabulous restaurants in Mauritius. From delicious curries to scrumptious desserts, you’ll find something that will tantalize your taste buds. So don’t wait any longer! Bon appétit! Pack your bags and book a flight to Mauritius to experience the best cuisine on the island.