Difference Between PRTG vs Solarwinds
PRTG is defined as a monitoring tool used to monitor the network traffic, hardware devices, servers, and also used to monitor the network components so that performance issues can be resolved. PRTG offers several business solutions to the organizations so that they can manage the network. The Solarwinds is also defined as a monitoring tool used for the management of networks and also used as a security platform so that organizations can use this tool to enhance their security standards. Solarwinds support various functions such as hardware monitoring and other networking devices.
Head to Head Comparison between PRTG vs Solarwinds (Infographics)
Below are the top 7 Comparison between PRTG vs Solarwinds:
Key Differences between PRTG vs Solarwinds
Below we discuss the top comparison between PRTG vs Solarwinds:
1. One of the key differences between Solarwinds and PRTG is the setup of the tool. The setup of the software is very important and decide which tool can be easily used for monitoring purposes. The PRTG tool can be easily downloaded and configuration can be done easily and when it is compared with Solarwinds the setup time is less for the PRTG tool. The Solarwinds take time to download as the size of the software is large compared to PRTG and the tool also requires additional solutions so that it can be installed on the user system.
2. The other difference between the monitoring tools is the network autodiscovery feature. In the Solarwinds tool, the auto-discovery feature helps to detect the devices automatically present in the network that helps to save time. Adding of each specific network manually takes a lot of time and effort. The PRTG tool also offers autodisovery feature but it detects the devices on the basis of an IP range. When a comparison is made between two the Solarwinds tool maintains a competitive upper hand as it has more advanced options for auto-discovery of devices.
3. The other difference between both the tools is the dashboard and its customization. As the dashboard is very important because it provides the platform for monitoring of the device. In the Solarwinds tool, there is a feature to make the dashboard customized. The dashboard of the Solarwinds tool displays the graphs and charts. The PRTG tool also offers functionality to make the dashboards customized. When a comparison is made between two the dashboard of the Solarwinds tool is much ahead of the PRTG tool as the tool has better display options so that monitoring can be done easily.
4. The other key difference between both the monitoring tool is the user interface. The Solarwinds tool and PRTG tool offers web-based and Windows GUI so that tool can be accessed from any remote location. The accessibility of both tools increases because of this feature and both the tools are equally in this factor.
5. One of the important differences between both the tool is alerts and notifications. For any type of networking monitoring tool, this feature is important as when there is an issue in a network the tool should send immediate alerts to the user and notify about the issue. The PRTG tool sends the alerts when any certain condition is met and sends the notification through SMS and email and also sent notification to PRTG mobile application. In the Solarwidns tool also the tool sends alerts to the user when any condition is met. The alerts designed in the Solarwinds tool are more intelligent tools that make the Solarwinds tool more handy compared to the PRTG tool.
6. The other difference between both tools is network monitoring. The PRTG tool uses the SNMP polling, NetFlow, and WMI for monitoring of the network and collects information about the network. The Solarwinds tool uses the SNMP polling, sFlow, Netflow. The Solarwinds tool is a better business suite compared to the PRTG monitoring tool.
7. The pricing model is one of the key differences both the monitoring tools. The PRTG tool is available as a free version and paid version depending on the features offered by the tool. The Solarwinds tool is only available as a paid version and the pricing model of Solarwinds is more complex compared to the PRTG tool.
8. The Solarwinds tool offers several different report templates that help the user to make the network performance and analyze the network in a better way. The PRTG monitoring tool also provides a customizable option for the reports but when a comparison is made the Solarwinds tool maintains the upper hand over the PRTG tool.
Comparison Table of PRTG vs Solarwinds
The table below summarizes the comparisons between PRTG vs Solarwinds:
|Features||The PRTG monitoring tool features are monitoring of network, ease of use, management of infrastructure, timely alerts, customer support, reporting, customization support, alerts and notifications, support of multiple languages, mobile interface and many more features.||The Solarwinds monitoring tool offers several features like web protection, malware protection, risk intelligence, patch management, monitoring of bandwidth, remote monitoring, backup and recovery, location tracking, and many more features.|
|Pricing model||The PRTG monitoring tool is available as a free version but features are very limited. The tool also offers one-time payment option in the advanced version that offers more advanced features to the user.||The Solarwinds pricing model is a quote based and depends on what features users select. The pricing information is only provided by the organization officials.|
|Language||The PRTG tool only supports the English language.||The Solarwinds tool supports two languages like English and Dutch.|
|Clients||The clients of the PRTG tool are TUB, RealTruck, and UBR technology.||The clients of Solarwinds tool are Microsoft, Ford motor, and Comcast cable.|
|Available devices||The PRTG tool supports different devices like Windows, Linux, Windows Mobile, Android, Mac, Web-Based.||The Solarwinds tool supports different devices like Windows, Mac, Android, Web-based, and iPhone.|
|Available support||The PRTG tool provides customer support through Phone, Email, and Live Support.||The SolarWinds provides customer support through Email, Phone, and Live Support.|
|Company Size||The PRTG tool can be used by small scale, medium scale, large scale organizations.||The Solarwinds tool can be used by small scale, medium scale, large scale organizations and can also be used by freelancers.|
The Solarwinds tool and PRTG monitoring tool are powerful monitoring tools used for analyzing the performance of the network and also find the performance related issues of the network components. The selection of the right monitoring tool is completely dependent on user requirement but Solarwinds is a better monitoring tool over the PRTG monitoring tool.
This is a guide to the top difference between the PRTG vs Solarwinds. Here we also discuss the PRTG vs Solarwinds key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –