Updated May 26, 2023
The megacity of Bangalore, also known as Bengaluru, is called the “Silicon Valley of India. Its name is due to the rampant growing the IT sector and various start-ups in the field of technology. In its truest sense, India is considered the ‘Land of Paradise. It is known for its multi-ethnicity and striking panorama in fantastic locations. These places are a treat to the eyes. One of these beautiful locations, the city of Bangalore, has unique characteristics whose one single glance no one can afford to miss.
It is also known as the Godly City because it is home to attractive temples, mosques, churches, Buddhist viharas, and a fire temple. It gives an element of spirituality to the city. Besides this, there are many beautiful places to see in the city of Bengaluru, which enhance our joy equipping us with a sheer magical experience never felt before. Let’s explore the Best Places to Visit in Bangalore.
Places to Visit in Bangalore
These are the top places worth seeing in Bangalore.
#1 Bangalore Palace
- The Bangalore Palace, one of the finely constructed palaces, offers an enchanting view to the crowds of tourists visiting it.
- The great person behind its creation is Chamaraja Wodeyar of the Wodeyar dynasty. He built it in the 19th century in the Tudor style architecture (which involves a rich use of half-timber work and its interiors using wood-paneled walls.
- Many majestic gardens are also on the same 430-acre land of the palace. The palace also holds various concerts, exhibitions, and events.
#2 Lal Bagh Botanical Garden
- It is an ancient botanical garden in Bengaluru with a unique variety of flora, a stunning lake, and bird species.
- The garden has an unusual glass house that hosts the two flower shows every year on the 26th of January (Republic Day) and the 15th of August (Independence Day).
#3 Cubbon Park
- Lord Cubbon is honored by naming the 300-acre park after him.
- There are more than 6000 trees found in the park, along with beautiful scenic attractions such as Attara Kacheri, Cubbon Park Museum, and Sheshadri Iyer Memorial Park.
- The Bangalore Aquarium, the second-largest in India, is also a great attraction to this park.
#4 Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace
- Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace is magnificently built and is an example of Indo- Islamic architecture in India.
- Its construction started during Hyder Ali’s reign and was finished in 1791 during Tipu Sultan’s rule; its beauty has captivated the hearts of the teeming millions.
- Its fine sculpture encompassing arches, ornamental frescoes, and expansive balconies makes the palace look radiant.
- Also, the sense of tranquility in the palace can soothe all nerves.
#5 Nandi Hills, Chikkaballapur
- Nandi hills are known for its scintillating and mesmerizing sunrise and sunset views that attract many visitors worldwide.
- They are almost at the height of 4855 feet above sea level.
- At Nandi Hills, one can indulge in different adventurous and thrilling activities such as paragliding, cycling, camping, and trekking.
- Besides being a scenic beauty, Nandi hills also have different temples, monuments, and shrines, such as Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva, his companion Parvati, and Nandi.
- The solitude of Amrita Sarovar in Nandi Hills has no match and is the perfect getaway from the commotion of city life.
- In Nandi Hills, the first-ever SAARC summit was held in 1986.
#6 Wonderla Waterpark
- Undoubtedly, Wonderla Waterpark is the best in the city of Bengaluru.
- It is highly famous for the thrilling and exciting rides which can enable one to get an adrenaline rush.
- Located on the outskirts of Bengaluru, the waterpark recently constructed the Reverse Looping Roller Coaster Ride.
- Hi-tech devices are used to build the wave pool in the waterpark.
- Here one can enjoy a wide variety of entertainment activities in the form of laser shows, virtual reality shows, etc.
These places bring glory in abundance to the city of Bengaluru and speak more eloquently about the vast richness possessed by the heritage of India.