Introduction to Matlab Compiler
Matlab compiler invokes into the system in three ways one is standalone applications second is excel add-ins and third is Hadoop packages. We can use these features with other users ( group members, suppliers, clients, collaborators, organization, etc) who may not otherwise need to use Matlab. Matlab applications are provided to guide us through the packaging workflow and create a single installer in which we can share. We only need to choose main Matlab functions into the application and by clicking on packages it will automatically create a single installer file. Our Matlab program is encrypted in these applications so intellectual property rights remain protective.
We can expand the capability of the compiler by simply adding an SDK compiler for software components and integration with other programming languages like clang. , CPP lang. , java.net, etc. These applications use Matlab runtime, the set of shared libraries enables the execution of compiled applications and components. Large scale deployments of Matlab analytics with enterprise applications are supported through the Matlab production servers. The command is used to invoke the Matlab compiler is ‘ mcc ’. We can issue the command ( mcc ) from the command prompt or the ‘ UNIX ’ or ‘ DOS ’ command line.
We can manage multiple Matlab compiler operation that flags to MCC, most of them have only a single-letter name. We can consider options separately in the command line.
- mcc -m –n fun
We can add multiple options by single ‘ – ‘. As well as we can define it separately. mcc
- mcc –mn fun
As we took some specific arguments that can not be combined unless we define in the statement:
- mcc -m –n full fun . . . here argument options are separate.
- mcc –mn fun . . . here argument options are combined.
If we include a C program or CPP program on mcc command then files are directly passed to ‘Mex’ or mbuild.
4.5 (2,156 ratings)
Uses of Macro
As we see in the above paragraph Matlab compiler has various options that give us access to do out the task. if we want to simplify our compilation then we can use macros. That allows us to complete a basic compilation job.
1) -m: macro option m, It creates stand-alone any ‘c’ application. And it has an alternative of by translating m to c or CPP by using function wrapper, language output, stage, help, file library, etc.
2) -p: macro option p, It creates standalone CPP applications and the alternative is libmmfile.mlib.
3) -x: macro option x, It creates MEX function and the alternative is ‘ libmatlbmx.mlib ‘.
4) -g: macro option g , It is used for debugging purpose .and the alternative is ‘debugline:on = 0none’.
5) -s: macro option g, It is used for simulation and the alternative is ‘ libmaatlbmax.mlb’, the table below shows the commands and their uses with their alternative options.
|-m||Creates stand-alone for any ‘c’ application||function wrapper,language output , stage,help,file library,etc.|
|-p||Creates standalone CPP applications||libmmfile.mlib|
|-x||Creates MEX function||libmatlbmx.mlib|
|-g||Used for debugging purpose||debugline:on =0none|
|-s||Used for simulation||libmaatlbmax.mlb|
Applications of Matlab Compiler
Below are the applications of Matlab Compiler:
- One of the important applications of Matlab is it creates standalone applications and shares them with other users without royalty. standalone applications are complete applications that use graphics and they use command-line execution.
|Applicationcompiler||Build function into a standalone app|
|Deploy tool||Compile function for external use|
|Isdeployed||Determine code status(deployed or Matlab)|
|Ismcc||Test the code at the time of compilation|
- It also useful while creating web applications, in this user can access each web app by unique URL from the browser without the support of any other add on software.
|Web Compiler||Web deployment package|
- Matlab compiler used to host web applications and share them with other users in a trusted intranet environment. It can access by a single home page.
- Packages in Matlab and other add-ins create new formulas, it works like excel in accepting input from cells and returning results to the output side.
- Creating big arrays Matlab applications are run as standalone features to compute clusters as part of Spark jobs on Hadoop.
- It also creates Map-reduce Matlab applications these applications are also called standalone applications.
|deploytool||Compile functions for deployment|
|MapReduce||Definition for map-reduce|
|Hadoop compiler||Compiler against Hadoop|
Matlab compiler design various process and systems with a wide scope. It also creates standalone applications, web applications, and hosts the applications for users and interacts with the user by using different packages in an efficient way.
This is a guide to Matlab Compiler. Here we discuss the Introduction to Matlab Compiler and its Applications along with the uses of Macros. You can also go through our suggested articles to learn more –