Introduction of LotusScript
LotusScripting is following the OOP’s concept i.e. the object-oriented programming language. It is using the Lotus notes for the LotusScripting. It will use the Lotus notes from version 4.0. It will also be useful in the IBM Louts software products also. The LotusScripting is similar to the VB i.e. visual basic. In LotusScripting, there are two major points, the first is the Integrated Development Environments and the second is the product-specific object classes. The LotusScripting will provide a rich set of application or application-specific classes. It will provide good platform support to the Lotus word pro, Lotus Notes, Lotus 1 2 3, etc. In LotusScripting, we can use OLE automation. We can also use it in the Lotus notes ecosystem. Even though, we can also use it with Visual Basic.
Why do we need LotusScript?
The LotusScripting is easy to understand. Those developers are having the knowledge of the visual basic programming. They can easily understand LotusScripting. The LotusScripting will support the object-oriented programming language. It will help to design good application-based programs. In LotusScripting, we can use the different classes level functionality. It will help to create a robust application. We can use LotusScripting in different automation also. As per the requirement or the application need, we can use it. It will provide very good email-level functionality. We can download open-source email clients like the MTA. Here, we can use the send mail also. It will provide support like Microsoft outlook. It will not provide all the facilities. But in terms of the open-source, it is good. We can also develop it on our own. It is having relational database system support.
When are we developing the application with the help of LotusScripting? It is having good backward compatibility. The backward compatibility may vary from the different version to version. The first version was released in 1989. But currently, we are using version 8. In the new version, most of the bugs or the issues were fixed. In the new version, there is no need to convert or rewrite the current or existing application.
In LotusScripting, we can enable data replication. We can enable the replication in terms of the online as well as the offline also. Once the network will available, the clients will sync up with the server and replicate the data in between the server and client. It will provide good data reliability. With the help of this process, we can save the data loss. We can create the data backup strategies with the help of LotusScripting.
In earlier stages, we have seen that we can build the application level job with the help of Lotus. But it is not like that or it is not sticking with the single application level. We can create or build the application for the browser level also.
How does LotusScript Work?
In LotusScript, we are run the set of commands or subscript programs. In the script file or program, we are having the traditional Lotus commands in it. While running the LotusScripting file, it will check all the semantics and the syntaxes. If all things are good then only it will start the next process. Otherwise, it will through an error message then we need to first fix the issue then only we are able to compile the further commands or the instruction. In the Linux environment, we need to check the package dependency also. If the necessary packages are not available then it will through an error message. Once all things are good, then only the further steps or the commands will be executed in the Lotus environment.
Some of the advantages of LotusScript are:
- We can easily integrate the LotusScripting or the lotus notes into a project plan management solution or software
- It is having great compatibility with the calendar Integration
- We can easily do the tasks level integration.
- Similar to the task integration, we can also integrate the to-do also.
- In LotusScript, we can use the email integration as well as the email alert.
- In LotusScripting, we can easily integrate the address book also.
- For the data reliability and availability, we need to keep the replication factor enable.
- It is having rich support for the document management feature.
- We can enable security in the LotusScripting.
- It can be compatible with a different platform.
- We can seamlessly integrate the different databases also. There is no dependency on the specific database.
- In LotusScripting, it will easily support the application level program. But it also has the web application capabilities
- It is having the embedded workflow engine
Some of the advantages of LotusScript are:
- It is not having the good stability
- As per the enterprise level, it is a lag in the security
- It is not having the between administration UI
We have seen the uncut concept of the “LotusScript” with the proper explanation, working strategy. It is similar to the visual basic. It is majorly supported for the application level class. But it is not sticking with the application level. It will create a web application also. It is having great support for the cross-platform. We can work on the different technologies with the help of LotusScript.
This is a guide to LotusScript. Here we also discuss the introduction and how does lotusscript work? along with advantages and disadvantages. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –