Difference Between Laravel vs Symfony
Laravel vs Symfony mainly comes from a PHP background, so common PHP critical functionalities already available in both of them. Symfony vs Laravel both are supporting common searching technology like scaffolding and full text. Similarly, two of the essential features of any website, like cross-scripting and multilingual content supported by both of these frameworks. As per current research, Laravel and Symfony both are supported below common features like Scaffolding, Full-Text Search, Multilingual Content, Cross-Platform operating system, PHP as a programming language, Following Model View Controller, Dependency Injection, Namespace, supporting multi-user system, autofocus, pingback, extension or plug-in, image processing engine, WYSIWYG-Editor are not available, the utility of multiple projects, external pages, user statistics, revision control, PSR 0 complaint, ORM or object-relational mapping, and machine code generation.
Both are the most popular framework for all developers, mainly for some of the amazing features. All of the features are very much common in any PHP technology or framework; both are supported by those features which attract a developer to use the same frequency as per requirement. There are several ways to develop or build any web application. We have a lot of approaches or technologies to build the same. But if anyone needs to develop quality websites with entire features and maintaining proper requirements to look and features in the least possible time, the developer will always prefer to develop the same in PHP. If the quick development of any proper web application requires, then PHP is always an approachable technology to the entire global developer.
Head To Head Comparison Between Laravel and Symfony (Infographics)
Below is the top 4 difference between Laravel vs Symfony:
Key Differences between Laravel and Symfony
Both are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major differences:
- Laravel is mainly using for some following common MVC features properly; it is one of the open-source PHP platforms using and understanding by any developer is very easy. Whereas Symfony is mainly designed for large-scale or complex kinds of enterprise projects, mainly used for a big application, which contains huge features and uses by maximum clients. A symphony is a stable framework; big clients always prefer to go for that.
- In the case of Laravel, a developer needs to write some additional code for maintaining proper flexibility based on client changing requirements. Whereas Symfony following one additional feature gives the developer or the client the flexibility to switch on different designs or features based on the client’s ongoing changing requirements.
- Laravel doesn’t have any particular way to handle the scalability of the application; the developer needs to write their own code for handling the same. Symfony has several platforms for maintaining proper scalability like Optimizing propels, minimize or provide some limitation on the number of created objects to hydrate, introducing join utility which helps for minimizing the number of queries which direct impact on performance, temporary array creation mechanism are avoiding for maintaining high scalability all time by Symphony.
- Laravel has one of the big utility of sharing or enforcing some common constraint values from multiple database objects with one of the big utility of advanced query builder mechanism. Whereas Symfony has following some extra features of joining for maintaining proper and fast query building.
- Laravel has not any kind of special utility for maintaining the speed of every feature. Whereas Symfony has the following verities approaches for maintaining or handling application speed very smartly. It has one very smart approach for the specific speed of individual modules or features and as well as the entire application speed. A developer can easily handle or manage the entire application or individual feature’s speed by adjusting the coding quality or avoiding some of the external features that may not require in core functionality for that specific client.
- Laravel never ensures application proper performance. Whereas Symfony always ensuring to maintain proper application performance anytime for the developer. It always preferences user needs and application optimum performance anytime. Symfony 2 introduces one of the big features: the HTTP cache handler, by using proper HTTP requests and responses. Using the same always provide proper performance and it helps to given proper variation in between different part of application and page.
Laravel vs Symfony Comparison Table
Let’s look at the top Comparison–
|The basis of comparison||
|Definition||It is mainly used for following some common MVC frameworks. It is open-source to use for the developer on developing a simple PHP application.||Symfony is a very much popular framework which mainly used for the largest scalable or very much complex kind of enterprise project. As it is a stable framework, developers are commonly willing to use this framework.|
|Scalability||Need to write individual coding for changing features or looks based on changes in business requirements.||It has one of the big utility on given features to make it flexible based on business requirements, which makes this framework more popular.|
|Open Source||Commonly used by normal PHP developers, they don’t have any popular open-source platform.||Have some of the largest open-source platforms, such as PHPBB, Piwik, Drupal, etc.|
|Speed||The speed of the application is normally not that much different from other normal PHP applications. It mainly ensures a proper version control system, which helps the migration of applications later.||If it properly implemented, then the entire application speed unexpectedly improved. It has one great feature to adjust every individual core feature speed as well as entire application speed easily by deciding whether those features are required or not.|
As per the above discussion, both are very popular and usable frameworks in the PHP language; a developer can use any one based on project requirements. If an application is too complex than usual, it means to have a lot of features with different positive functionalities, then Symfony is always the best option to choose. Whereas Lavarel is always best for a simple application with a restricted number of pages. If the client preferred proper optimization of users load at any time in web page application and also maintaining application speed properly, then Symfony is always the best option in PHP technology.
This has been a guide to the top difference between Laravel vs Symfony. Here we also discuss the Laravel vs Symfony key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –