Difference between Laravel vs Symfony
There are several ways to develop or build any web application. We have a lot of approach or technologies to build the same. But if anyone needs to develop quality websites with entire features and maintaining proper require to look and features in the least possible time, the developer will always prefer to develop the same in PHP. If the quick development of any proper web application requires, then PHP is always an approachable technology to the entire global developer.
There has a lot of PHP framework available in the market to use. But in between all, Laravel vs Symfony are the most popular framework for all the developer mainly for some of the amazing features. As both Laravel vs Symfony mainly come from PHP background, so common PHP critical functionalities already available in both of them. Symfony vs Laravel both is supporting common searching technology like scaffolding and full text. Similarly two of the very important features of any website like cross-scripting and multilingual content supported by both of this framework. As per current research, Laravel and Symfony both are supported below common features like Scaffolding, Full-Text Search, Multilingual Content, Cross-Platform operating system, PHP as programming language, Following Model View Controller, Dependency Injection, Namespace, supporting multi-user system, autofocus, pingback, extension or plug-in, image processing engine, WYSIWYG-Editor are not available, utility of multiple projects, external pages, user statistics, revision control, PSR 0 complaint, ORM or object-relational mapping , and machine code generation. All of the features are very much common in any PHP technologies or framework, Symfony vs Laravel both are supported those features which attract a developer to use the same frequency as per requirement.
Head To Head Comparison Between Laravel vs Symfony (Infographics)
Below is the top 4 difference between Laravel vs Symfony:
Key Differences between Laravel vs Symfony
Both Laravel vs Symfony are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Differences Between Laravel vs Symfony:
- Laravel is mainly using for some following common MVC features properly, it is one of the open source PHP platform using and understanding by any developer are very easy. Whereas Symfony is mainly designed for large-scale or complex kind of enterprise projects, which mainly used for big application which contents huge features and using by maximum clients. A symphony is a stable framework, big clients always prefer to go for that.
- In the case of Laravel, a developer needs to write some additional code for maintaining proper flexibility based on client changing requirements. Whereas Symfony following one additional feature for given ultimate flexibility to the developer or the client to switch on different design or features based on client ongoing changing requirements.
- Laravel doesn’t have any particular way to handle scalability of the application, the developer needs to write their own code for handling the same. Symfony has several platforms for maintaining proper scalability like Optimizing propels, minimize or provide some limitation on the number of created objects to hydrate, introducing join utility which helps for minimizing the number of queries which direct impact on performance, temporary array creation mechanism are avoiding for maintaining high scalability all time by Symphony.
- Laravel have one of the big utility of sharing or enforcing some common constraint values from multiple database objects with one of the big utility of advanced query builder mechanism. Whereas Symfony has following some extra features of joining for maintaining proper and fast query building.
- Laravel have not any kind of special utility for maintaining the speed of every feature. Whereas Symfony has following verities approaches for maintaining or handling application speed very smartly. It has one very smart approach for the specific speed of individual module or feature and as well as the entire application speed. A developer can easily handle or manage the speed of entire application or individual feature by adjusting the coding quality or avoiding some of the external features which may not require in core functionality for that specific client.
- Laravel never ensure application proper performance. Whereas Symfony always ensuring to maintain proper application performance anytime for the developer. It always preferences user needs and application optimum performance anytime. Symfony 2 introduces one of the big features which is HTTP cache handler by using proper HTTP request and response. Using the same always provide proper performance and it helps to given proper variation in between different part of application and page.
Laravel vs Symfony Comparison Table
Let’s look at the top Comparison between Laravel vs Symfony –
|The basis of comparison Between Laravel vs Symfony||
|Definition||It is mainly used for following some common MVC framework. It is an open source to use for the developer on developing a simple PHP application.||Symfony is very much popular framework which mainly used for the largest scalable or very much complex kind of enterprise projects. As it is a stable framework developer are commonly willing to use this framework.|
|Scalability||Need to write individual coding for changing features or looks based on changes in business requirements.||It has one of the big utility on given features to make it flexible based on business requirement, which makes this framework more popular.|
|Open Source||Commonly used by normal PHP developer, don’t have any popular open source platform.||Have some of the largest open source platforms such as PHPBB, Piwik, Drupal, etc.|
|Speed||Speed of application is normally not that much different than other normal PHP application. It mainly ensures a proper version control system, which helps migration of application later.||If it properly implemented, then the entire application speed unexpectedly improved. It has one great feature to adjust every individual core feature speed as well as entire application speed easily by deciding whether those features are required or not.|
So as per the above discussion, Laravel vs Symfony both are a very popular and usable framework on PHP language, a developer can use any one of them based on project requirements. If an application is too complex than usual, means have a lot of features with different positive functionalities, then Symfony is always the best option to choose. Whereas Lavarel is always best for the simple application with some restricted number of pages. If the client preferred proper optimization of users load at any time in web page application and also maintaining application speed properly, then Symfony is always the best option in PHP technology.
This has a been a guide to the top difference between Laravel vs Symfony. Here we also discuss the Laravel vs Symfony key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following Laravel vs Symfony articles to learn more –