What is Laravel Clear Cache?
Laravel provides an API that is unified and expressive for caching various backends. It is generally located in config/cache.php. At the end of operations, one may want to clear the cache. That is where Laravel Clear Cache comes into play. It clears the specified cache through a simple CLI or Command Line Interface.
Example to Implement Laravel Clear Cache
Let us have a look through an example:
Step 1: The Application Cache needs to be cleared. The command needs to be run for the cache to be cleared
PHP artisan cache: clear
Step 2: It is now the turn of the Route Cache that needs to be cleared. Now, to that, Laravel runs a command that clears the route.
PHP artisan route: clear
Step 3: In this step, the configuration needs to be cleared. What Laravel does here that it runs the command which clears the configuration cache.
PHP artisan config: clear
PHP artisan view: clear
There is a modification to the clear command:
PHP artisan optimize:clear
Importance of Laravel Clear Cache
Laravel artisan is a wonderful framework:
- One of the major reasons why developers are so fond of using the Laravel framework is the expressiveness in the development syntax. Something like Laravel Cache which asks the compiler to cache memory and cache clear which commands the compiler to clear it are single commands.
- With such an easy maneuver, developmental tasks are completed in double-quick time. This leads to faster completion of projects.
- The Laravel Framework, however, has a bit of limitation when it comes to caching a larger amount of data. It may lead to, at times to slower response times. However, over some time, it has been solved and in the current form, the framework provides a unique development experience.
- Laravel cache clear is handy in many ways.
- It not just clears the cache but also paves the way for creating greater space for future data. With the clearing of cache, the database becomes light and the response time of fetching the data from it is minimized. Once that is done, the overall response time of the system towards a query is faster.
- A system that returns a value in the shortest possible time is a major success for the developer. This would mean that the query function can pinpoint the exact information in the quickest possible time.
- Laravel Cache clear is also evidently used to speed up the system. Many times systems slow down because of the extra load carried by the cached data. This leads to severe redundancy and severe slowing of processing time. A slow-moving system will not an effective one. Hence with the clearing of the cache, it frees up any amount of cached data and lightens up the system.
- The one question that is pertinent here is what is the need for cached memory. Cached memory, even though adds weight to the overall system, is of great use. It quickens the query search. That is to say, that a piece of information that has been previously searched remains in the caches memory for faster retrieval. So the next time anyone looks for the same information or similar information, the query will no longer look for it in the main memory. That is going to be time-consuming for the user and cumbersome for the system.
- Hence, the query will look for it in the cache memory and retrieve it. The overall time for the search query is reduced and the process is accelerated.
- Hence, demonizing Laravel Cache is not of benefit and hence needs to be looked into from a practical point of view. Cache memory also helps in retrieving information that has been wiped from the main memory. This is an important feature that is often overlooked by developers and system designers. The role of cache memory is of prime importance.
- Laravel framework with its infinite possibilities has been able to create effective solutions to myriad challenges. With Laravel cache and Laravel Cache clear it has been an able answer to the call of the developers to deal with redundant data.
It is not often that most frameworks have expressive answers to it.
class Clear All extends Command
* @return void
public function __construct()
public function handle()
$this->info('Application cache is cleared.');
$this->info('Configuration cache is cleared.');
$this->info('Route cache is cleared.');
$this->info('View cache is cleared.');
The Laravel cache memory saves the information for easy usage. It may form numerous caches memories for quick transfer of information. Once the said procedure is complete the cache needs to be cleared. There may also a need arise, whereby because of limited space, the cache needs to be cleared. It is at that time do we use the cache clear command. With cache clear command, the cache is wiped off all information and may be reused again with newer information.
The Laravel framework as has been said earlier is known for its expressive and easy to use command lines. It does not indulge in complicated coding structures and helps the developer in keeping it simple. With the Laravel framework coding has never been so simpler and quicker.
This is a guide to Laravel Clear Cache. Here we discuss what is Laravel Clear Cache? with the importance in detail. You can also go through our other related articles to learn more –