Why do we Need Lanyards?
During summer, many people organize fairs, congresses, and other events such as conferences and symposiums. The excellent weather, and availability of people, make it the optimal time to get more public. During the organization process, you need an essential advertising item to identify people related to the event and know who the organizing staff is: personalized or custom lanyards!
There are thousands of possibilities for these accreditation ribbons. To come up with the most accurate model, managers must be clear about what they need and how they will use it. Different carabiners, materials, and types of closures can be some of the variables we face. We will explain the necessary guidelines to make this decision quickly so you can continue with other tasks without the stress this entails.
- The most common for the manufacture of lanyards are synthetic fibers such as polyester.
- But, with the growing concern for the environment, other more “eco-friendly” materials such as silicone, cotton, or bamboo are beginning to appear.
- If the fair or congress you are organizing has a similar theme, you will look great if you get this type of lanyard.
- Also, depending on the material, the price will vary.
- You will have to study the investment you are willing to assume and the budget you manage to decide what is best for you.
Types of Closures
- Fixed ring: It would be the simplest of all, with a buckle that will go around the lower part of the lanyard, previously sewn to accommodate it. Here we can hook any accreditation as long as it has a carabiner or a hook.
- Carabiner closure: These models include a fixed ring carabiner. The advantage of this modality is that this closure can rotate 360º, thus avoiding the hassle of rotating the lanyard all the time so that it is visible at all times. Some of them only have a hook, which is somewhat awkward, but others have a trigger clasp to open the ring where somebody will house the badge.
- Mobile closure: Everyone has a smartphone, and the organizing team can use this hook that will allow them to carry small mobile phones or a PDA. It has many applications: control attendance, scan concert tickets without the fear of breaking the device, or carry a walkie-talkie.
- Metal clamp: Another method of closure, less common but beneficial, is to incorporate an aluminum clip at the end of the lanyard. Thus, we will hold the accreditation firmly, although with some risk of it falling if we make sudden movements.
Safety Buckles for a Lanyard
- To finish with the configuration, we can find some security buckles as an extra, which we can optionally add. Also, it will improve the utility and quality of our personalized lanyard.
- With this additional part, we divide the lanyard into two or three segments, depending on how many security locks you want to implement.
- They are usually in two positions: at the junction of the two cords on the chest or the back of the neck.
- These buckles have several advantages. We can eliminate the accreditation without passing it through the neck (essential if the event staff have to go through any security control).
- They improve the quality they show to clients or attendees, and since they are more durable, surely someone can use them in other conferences or symposiums you organize.
Personalized Lanyards: How to Give a Successful Answer
- Now we go with the most important part of these promotional items.
- How to get our personalized lanyards to show all the information we need? And most importantly, in an attractive way so that the public of our conference, congress, or fair stays with a fixed image of our logo, brand, or the products we sell.
- To do this, we will have to analyze the design we will establish in our lanyard.
- Also, we have to analyze what printing areas offer these promotional items, and what technique will be the most appropriate for its marking and printing.
- Fairs, congresses, symposiums, conferences- they all have different characteristics.
- On many occasions, we need to include the sponsors of these events in the design.
- If they get directed to physical stores, we will only have to show a logo or slogan repeated throughout the tape.
- All these designs must be decided by you, although we advise that the more direct and concise the information, the more people will remember it.
- It is the most straightforward feature to decide since the marking area is quite clear; that is, it would be mainly on the tape of polyester, cotton, or the material you have chosen.
- The primary choice will be determining if you want your personalized lanyard on one or both sides.
- The cost will be different, of course, but also the model since not everyone has the necessary machinery or sufficient profitability to do it on both sides.
- Of course, the personalization of accreditations does not enter here.
Printing Techniques in Our Personalized Lanyards
- Depending on the design, it will be more convenient to use some techniques or others.
- If we want to implement logos of up to four colors, screen printing will be your ally. It will have very bright and intense colors, with the drawback that it will be less resistant if it is in contact with water.
- On the contrary, if they exceed those colors or the design is a photograph or image, you will need a technique that allows full-color personalization.
- We will find: sublimation, with the best finish you can find, but with the “handicap” that the lanyard will have to be white; digital printing, very fast to do, but with less quality; or the digital transfer, which will be like a tattoo on a lanyard.
As you can see, as we add options, the choice becomes more complicated at times. All this without having entered into choosing the customization, the printing areas, or the technique that interests us the most, which we will explain immediately. Therefore it is crucial to choose wisely. Once you have chosen the lanyard model, design, and printing techniques, you should only trust a company that can carry it out in the shortest possible time without losing an iota of quality. GSJJ will give you the solution thanks to its workshop and years of experience in the business gifts and promotional items sector. Remember that you will not find anyone better if you need high-quality personalized lanyards.