Updated February 14, 2023
Introduction to Kotlin IDE
Overview of Kotlin IDE
Kotlin is solving the problems which we are facing in day-to-day life at the time of developing new applications. Kotlin language contains good support of IDE as compared to the other language. Kotlin is more famous for using Android developers; this language provides a good IDE when developing any application. Kotlin ide is the integrated environment solution used to solve the comprehensive solution; this will allow the mobile developer to carry the development cycle. The development cycle includes designing, testing, debugging, and writing code.
Top Kotlin IDE Programming
The intellij idea is to provide good support by using kotlin language. The Ide of intellij is to include the template, which was a kotlin project specific for building the excellent application. We need to use kotlin IDE for fast application development.
Given below are the top kotlin programming side as follows:
1. Intellij Idea
This Ide specializes in mobile and web application development by using java, kotlin, and other different frameworks for developing the android application. We can access multiple plugins using the intellij idea to do our task. Moreover, this Ide is used to do kotlin programming in depth.
We can easily access the community version of the intellij idea for developing JVM and android application development.
Below is the feature of the intellij idea as follows:
- The intellij idea was to offer the coding, which was in-depth.
- By using the intellij idea, we can fast navigate our code.
- Moreover, it will smartly compile our application code.
In kotlin programming eclipse, Ide is used to develop the application. It is open-source and the most popular IDE. This IDE first started as a java IDE; now, it supports many programming languages.
The eclipse version by using the plugin of the android plug is recommended on various Android platforms. In addition, eclipse supports Linux, windows, and macOS.
- It is supporting for various operating systems and programming languages.
- It contains huge customization options.
- It has an extensive user base and community.
- It has excellent marketplace plugins.
3. Android Studio
This Ide is only used for mobile development; it offers android developers to develop the application. Android studio has fully supported kotlin for the support of a component that was standard.
Android Studio contains the similarity between android studio and the intellij idea; it will make it simple for an android developer to develop the applications. Android studio is the box tool that includes the code refactoring and search tools used to find version incompatibility and performance issues. We can edit the application with the feature of grad and drop. Gradle will look at automatic assembly and the programmer’s .apk generation.
- Android studio is conducive for running the apps instantly.
- This will include a fast emulator, which was helpful while running the applications faster.
- It contains a code editor, which is intelligent.
- It will allow us to connect with firebase.
4. Sublime Text
The sublime text editor is trendy in integrated development in modern times. This is because multiple advanced functions are added to the editor, and those editors are handy for programmers and developers.
Sublime text is a cross-platform IDE that we use in multiple languages. In addition, the common markup languages are also supported in this editor.
- This text editor provides auto-completion.
- We can select multiple words, columns, and codes.
- Within the same editor, we can jump our cursor anywhere.
5. Visual Studio Code
This is the prominent editor for programmers and developers. We can use this editor to create our codes. This is also an open-source editor, which we can use easily, and Microsoft made it.
- It contains fast source code.
- Supports multiple languages.
- Provides the feature of syntax highlighting and the matching of brackets.
It is a configurable text editor made to change the text efficiently. Kotlin support is easily added into the vim by using the plugin of kotlin. Vim is made by using the C language.
Vim is the upgraded version of the vi editor. It is a very old editor, which was still trendy while writing the code.
- It is a command-centric editor.
- Multiple types of plugins are available in this Ide, and it is more beneficial for the programmer.
- It is supportive of multiple types of windows.
- It is supported in multiple buffers.
Atom is an open-source and free editor for Linux, macOS, and windows. Developers highly prefer this for the clean interface, excellent ecosystem, and packages built in the community. This IDE was primarily used for web development and was created by the github founder.
This IDE is 100% free and open-source IDE used in multiple languages. This IDE is written in C++ and python programming language, developed by the sublime.
- Checking syntax.
- IDE packages are included in autocomplete.
- Move the variable cursor and highlight the reference for the variables.
- Find the references which were showing our references for the variable and class.
- It will allow us to connect with firebase.
This is a guide to Kotlin IDE. Here we discuss the introduction and top kotlin IDE programming with features. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –