Introduction to Joomla JCE
Joomla JCE is the most utilized plugin which was used for Joomla; many of the users use the JCE editor other than any of the extension plugins. JCE editor is the default editor for our site. JCE components are the large piece of software that we need to add to the actual application of the Joomla framework. Basically, JCE is the content editor used for Joomla, and it is an alternative to the editor of built-in editor which was coming with every installation of Joomla. JCE will add the extra functionality for working with files, links, media, and images.
What is Joomla JCE?
There is a free version, including the JCE component itself. Also, it will include the plugins and modules. Also, we can get access to additional add-ons by using a paid subscription to JCE. Basically, JCE is an abbreviation of the Joomla content editor. So we can say that as the name suggests JCE is the content editor which was used for Joomla CMS. It will enhance the capabilities of default content management for Joomla and it will provide many additional options. The major advantage of using components is that we have no need to know the CSS or html in order to create content which was sophisticated and it does not contain any limitations. The standard component package of JCE is free and was released under GPL and GNU licenses.
Below are the features which were available of Joomla JCE as follows:
- The function of the office and button is familiar, which makes the simple formatting.
- We can upload, delete, copy, paste, rename and cut the images and also we can insert the same into our article by using an interface that was familiar.
- We can create the link with other sections, articles, weblinks, contacts, and categories on our site by using a practical and unique web browser.
- We can take a control of our code with syntax highlighting in an advanced code editor and attribute editing.
- By using Google, integrated spellchecking is available in Joomla JCE.
Joomla JCE Editor
It contains additional features available in the paid version, which was not available in the free version. We can download both free as well as paid packages from the same website. Joomla is a powerful software that was easy to work with. JCE is the extension of the Joomla which provides us a set of editors used to write the Joomla article.
In a nutshell, the Joomla editor is providing access to many of the features which can be used by using the word. For the content of the website, we are making some bold text without having how to write the bold text. The JCE editor toolbar is providing 50 types of different plugins and commands each one is represented by a button and drop-down list with which we can style and enhance our content. It is a very useful and important extension.
By using JCE, we can do the following:
- Familiar button using style test and commands like italic, bold, and underline.
- By using the editor, we can edit and insert the new tables.
- We can copy the text from Word or other text documents.
- Using it, we can insert the images by using easy to use popup interface of the file browser.
- We can create the links by including Joomla links and content the items by using a routine of dynamic selection.
- We need to run a spell check on our finished article.
- Need to insert media files, and links for creating image options.
JCE is including the component of administration, which was used to configure the editor functions. JCE is also used to install new plugins and languages and also used to manage user profiles and groups for editing.
Joomla JCE Installing
To install the Joomla JCE, first, we need to download the JCE component from the specified website.
Below steps shows how we are installing:
1. In the first step, we are downloading the Joomla JCE from the Joomla content editor website as follows. We are downloading the core. There are two types of Joomla JCE versions available i.e. JCE pro and JCE core. JCE Pro is paid version, whereas JCE core is free.
2. After downloading the Joomla JCE extension, we are adding the same into the browser extensions as follows. We need to go on extensions, then need go on manage, and then need to install the extension as follows.
3. Once the Joomla JCE extension is installed then, we need to go on the components tab and then need to open the JCE editor tab for configuring our options as follows.
4. After configuring our options, for setting the JCE as the default editor for all the users, we need to go to the System tab and then need to go on the global configuration tab and then need go on-site to set JCE as the default editor.
Joomla JCE Extension
To use the extension first, we need to download the extension.
The below steps shows to install the extension as follows.
1. First, we need to download the JCE editor extension from the official website as follows.
2. Then we need to open the Joomla, go on extension, click on manage, and click on install.
3. In this step, we upload the extension file into the Joomla folder. For the same, we need to click on the upload package file tab and then upload the specified package from our computer as follows.
4. Then, we need to set the JCE as the default editor. For setting the default editor, we need to go on the system than global configuration, then need to set the default editor as JCE as follows.
It will enhance the capabilities of default content management for Joomla, and it will provide many additional options. It is the most utilized plugin for Joomla; many users use the JCE editor other than any of the extension plugins.
This is a guide to Joomla JCE. Here we discuss the introduction, Joomla JCE editor, installation, and extension for better understanding. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –