Overview of Is Python Object Oriented
The object-oriented programming model works by interacting and invoking the properties of different objects among themselves. It has different kinds of concepts such as Classes, Objects, Polymorphism, Encapsulation, Inheritance, and Abstraction.
The different features of Object-Oriented Programming are as below:
- Class: This is a blueprint of the object which defines the fields or attributes and methods where the real functionality lies within. These attributes and methods are called members and these members can be accessed based on the defined access modifiers during the declaration of members.
- Object: An object is called as an instance of the Class which can be declared and instantiated by calling the Constructor of the Class. An object will have the state and the state will contain data which will be held by the attributes of the class.
- Inheritance: This is the third step process in which the data will be visualized, cleaned, transformed and exposed by reducing useless information and transforming into important sets of information in order to obtain some valuable information out of the existing data.
- Polymorphism: Polymorphism is defined as the process of performing a single task in different possible ways. Polymorphism can be achieved in two ways called method overloading and method overriding. Method overloading is also called Compile Time Polymorphism whereas Method Overriding is also called Run Time Polymorphism.
- Encapsulation: This is the process of encapsulating which means hiding or binding or wrapping the code into a single unit or module which is defined as Class. The encapsulation feature of object-oriented programming can be achieved by using class. An Object is said to be encapsulated as the members of the class are private (access modifier) those which can be accessed only by using getters and setters methods in the class.
- Abstraction: The object-oriented feature abstraction can be defined as the process of hiding the implementation of the functionalities by exposing only the required interfaces or accessing methods in order to invoke the methods of the Implementation class. The abstraction can be achieved in a programming language by defining an Interface or Abstract Class.
Comparison with different other object-oriented programming languages
Inheritance mechanism exists in Python which is similar to that of other languages such as C++, Java, etc. Python usually takes more time than Java which results in slower execution of the Python programs. It is easier to write programs in Python compared to other Object-Oriented Programming Languages as the syntax is a bit easier and shorter to use in the programs. Python can also be integrated with different other Object-Oriented Programming Languages such as Java to develop applications in both languages that will benefit the functionalities and both programs can be called within each other to execute the application.
Difference between Object-Oriented and Non-Object Oriented Programming Languages
The Object-Oriented languages have powerful features to develop real-world scenario applications whereas Non-Object Oriented languages such as Procedural languages have limited features to relate with real-time applications. Object-Oriented Programming follows the bottom-up approach whereas Non-Object Oriented Programming model follows a top-down approach. Programming features will be divided into methods or objects whereas Non-Object Oriented Programming defines functions as the piece of code to perform operations. Data hiding can be done in Object-Oriented Programming whereas Data hiding is not possible in Non-Object Oriented Programming. Inheritance and Abstraction are the powerful features present in Object-Oriented Programming whereas these do not exist in Non-Object Oriented Programming. Operator Overloading is allowed in Object-Oriented Programming whereas it is not allowed in Non-Object Oriented Programming. The examples of Non-Object Oriented Programming are Pascal, FORTRAN, etc.
The Object-Oriented features of a programming language give the rich set of features in developing larger and complex applications to enable and run the larger businesses in the current digital world with increasing data and customers. As coming to the conclusion on is python object-oriented we need to inform you that Python can be used to develop a web applications by using a framework called Django which will provide most of the implementations to ease the web development, So yes the Python is the object-oriented programming language. There are several other frameworks that can be used along with Python to develop different kinds of applications for the different scenario-based requirements. Python also has different other features such as Functional, procedural, reflective, imperative, etc., other than Object-Oriented features. Apart from OOP, Python provides other functionalities such as Networking, Web frameworks, Graphical User Interfaces, Databases, Automation, etc.
This has been a guide to Is Python Object Oriented. Here we have discussed the basic concepts and the characteristics of Python and Object Oriented. You may also look at the following articles to learn more: