Insert Multiple Rows in Excel (Table of Contents)
- Example #1 – Insert a Single row using a mouse
- Example #2 – Insert Multiple rows using Mouse shortcut
Insert Multiple Rows In Excel
Excel has awesome features which save a lot of time and efforts through which we can do a lot of work easily. When we are dealing with huge data in excel, we can come up with a situation where we need to insert multiple rows in excel at a time.
To insert one row or two rows one by one is easy but when we need to insert multiple rows at a time, it is very tedious work by inserting the process of single row multiple times.
How to Insert Multiple Rows in Excel?
There are multiple ways of inserting multiple rows in excel. How to do this, we will learn step by step with examples.
Example #1 – Insert a Single row using a mouse
Let’s consider some stationary data:
For inserting a single row using mouse shortcut follow below steps:
- Where you want to insert a new row, select the whole row below of that point. For example, if you want to insert a row between 7th & 8th row, select the 8th row and do right click a drop-down list will open. Click on insert option as below screenshot:
- It will insert a blank row below the 7th
Example #2 – Insert Multiple rows using Mouse shortcut
Let’s take the same stationary data:
With the use of the mouse, we can insert multiple rows at a time. Follow below steps:
- Select the number of rows below the row, where you want to insert the rows. For Example, if you want to insert the 4 rows below the row no. 3, then select the rows from row no. 4 to row no. 7.Refer below screenshot:
- Do right click. Drop down list will open. Click on insert option.
- It will insert the 4 rows below the row no. 3 as below screenshot.
Insert rows by using Excel Ribbon:
- Select the row and go to the HOME tab. Click on INSERT option under Cells section. Refer below screenshot:
- It will open a drop-down list. By clicking on Insert Sheet Rows
- It will insert a row above the selected row.
Insert rows by using Keyboard shortcut:
- Select the row below (where you want to insert the row) by using keyboard shortcut SHIFT-SPACEBAR of the keyboard.
- The whole row will be selected.
- Press SHIFT-CTRL-+ sign for inserting a row.
Using insert copied cells option:
- It’s a quick way to insert multiple rows in excel. Select the blank row.
- Copy it & Select the above rows where you want to insert the new row. If you want to insert multiple rows, select the number of rows. In the below screenshot, we want to insert 3 rows, hence we have selected the 3 rows. Refer below screenshot:
- Do right click. Drop down list will open. Click on Insert Copied Cells option.
- It will insert the multiple rows as we want as per below screenshot.
Things to Remember
- The keyboard shortcut is the easiest way to insert the rows in a worksheet.
- It saves a lot of time in excel while creating reports or working with huge data.
This has been a guide to the Insert Multiple Rows in Excel. Here we discuss the Insert Multiple Rows in Excel and how to create the Insert Multiple Rows in Excel along with practical examples and downloadable excel template. You can also go through our other suggested articles –
4.9 (2,205 ratings)