Top Uses Of Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Illustrator is a vector graphics programme developed with Adobe Photoshop as the joint product. Illustrator is used for making logos, graphics, cartoons, and fonts. These fonts are used to create photorealistic layouts of Adobe Photoshop. Now the new version of Adobe Illustrator came in market namely CS5 which has a new feature. That new feature allows the user to add real 3D brushes and 3D applications as well.
Since here we will learn the top uses of Adobe Illustrator are as follows:
- A good way of Starting => The best way to start the uses of Adobe Illustrator software is to scribble. It means that we can create by writing some text in which we can use basic tools. We get habitual to these tools easily as we come across with the different coloring tools and different writing options.
- Make Brochure in Adobe illustrator => This way to get started after writing text is just relative to it. Bring any brochure and start designing i.e. try to incorporate the text which it has in it. This gives more practice by writing more text in different style and fonts. By doing this we can make different formats like tree format, curved format etc. which gives the practice of learning height, width, sizing, and layout.
- Start using pen tool => If further, you want to learn more and want to create graphics which could be transferred to Photoshop then we should start using the pen tool. This is another important uses of Adobe Illustrator. By using Pen tool simple shapes can be drawn which creates a complex logo. Initially, don’t use colors for making graphics, use fill white and strokes black. It gives more time to concentrate on your graphic. One thing is noticeable that for fresher’s initially pent can be scary because it is the same as then pen which we use in a notebook. But this pen we have to access with the mouse which is not compatible with everyone, once you are mastered in it then it is not an issue.
- Enhancing skill with pen tool => Once we get to know how to use pen tool then further we can create a bit more complex designs from start to end. By doing this keep the background black and white till the time we enhanced our skills.
- Learn Shape and Pathfinder tool => When we draw graphics with the pen tool then it becomes hard to some shapes perfectly like a circle, ellipse, rectangles, triangles, and starts. This is the tool which gives you readymade shapes which we can include in our graphic. If we use these shapes in our figure or graphic then it gets the more beautiful shape and it looks more attractive. Also for complex objects Pathfinder tool helps us for making shapes.
- Using Swatches and colors => When we are able to draw properly by using shapes and pen tool then it can be said that we became good at drawing. Now we can use different colors to get colorized graphics. When we go into a drill down menu which is in swatches panel, we get a color guide toolbar from where we get choice to select a large number of colors. The most lovable thing is the skin tone palettes and the basic pattern texture, we can play with them by using colors.
- Have fun with Pattern => Well it’s an art how much u play with them u get more fun. Playing seamlessly with more colors gives you more ways of creating new graphics. Here is the Pattern option where u can think endless ways of creating textures. This is one of my favorite things which I like to play with.
- Use of Mesh tool => This is another important uses of Adobe Illustrator which is used to make your graphics look more realistic and more three dimensional. When we use colors in the graphics it looks like a painting so this mesh tool fills the graphic with the color more deeply and enhances the texture.
- Test your Skills => After learning all the above uses of Adobe Illustrator give yourself a time to check what have you learned. Draw a Hamburger, basket, ball, bottle or graphic of any bird.
- Creating our own personal logo => Uses of Adobe Illustrator is more than enough for your learning as you can start making your own logos by creating a simple layout. If you get stuck somewhere then you can repeat the tutorials as well.
- Creating marriage cards => Adobe Illustrator software also gives you a variable option of creating marriage cards, invitation cards or any cards for any events. We can import the designs or we can create our own design which gives enumerations to make more incomparable designs. So if u start making these cards and logos you may opt for your new business as well as it gives you seamless opportunity.
- Image trace => If you want to learn more then there is one option called as image trace. This option allows you to import the jpeg image into the software. When the image is loaded into the application we can live to trace the image. By this option it anyone can draw the three-dimensional image without having any skill to draw.
- Practice layers panel => Every starter would like to have something readily prepared. For those kinds of people, this tool is more beneficial as they get the some of the graphics readily prepared. As it is a type of organized behavior when things are in the long run. It simply means that everything naming your layers, organizing, don’t look at colors and resources in your file are not being used.
As learning uses of Adobe Illustrator is not a big thing or a hard job it’s just a part of practice and skill of drawing which you have utilized it. This is the advantage of Adobe Illustrator software that you don’t have to spend so much of time and not invest much money in it. Uses of Adobe Illustrator application triggers a skill out of your mind by continuous practice and hands in it.
This has been a guide to top uses of Adobe Illustrator. Here we have discussed Meaning of Adobe Illustrator with different steps of using it such as Make Brochure, start using the pen tool, use of Mesh tool, Image trace etc. You may also look at the following article to learn more –