Tripura is a state located in the northeastern region of India. It shares a border with Bangladesh on three sides and Assam and Mizoram on the fourth. The state covers an area of 10,492 square kilometers and has a population of approximately 4 million people. The capital of Tripura is Agartala, which is also the largest city in the state.
People know about the music, dance, art, and architecture that reflect the state’s rich cultural heritage. Tripura is also home to several historical sites and temples, including the famous Tripura Sundari Temple and the Ujjayanta Palace.
In addition, the state is home to several wildlife sanctuaries and national parks that attract tourists worldwide. With a steady increase in visitors, the hospitality industry in Tripura has seen rapid growth over the years.
Hotels in Tripura
Today, the state has several hotels and resorts that cater to the needs of tourists and travelers.
#1 Ginger Hotel
Located in Agartala, the capital city of Tripura, Ginger Hotel is a popular choice among tourists. The hotel’s location is convenient for travelers, as it is close to the airport and major tourist attractions in the city.
- Facilities and Amenities: The hotel has 98 well-appointed rooms and modern amenities like high-speed Wi-Fi, a gym, and a restaurant.
- Cost: 4,500 INR
- Address: Khejur Bagan, Airport Road, Opposite Industrial Office Barjala Mouja, Agartala, Tripura 799006.
#2 Hotel Sonar Tori
This five-star hotel is in Udaipur, southern Tripura. People know the hotel for its marvelous architecture, which takes inspiration from the traditional Tripura style. The hotel’s location is perfect for those exploring nearby historical sites and temples.
- Facilities and Amenities: The hotel has 23 well-appointed rooms, a multi-cuisine restaurant, and a swimming pool.
- Cost: 3,500 INR
- Address: Ronaldsay Rd, near Fire Brigade Chowmuhani, Jay Nagar, Agartala, Tripura 799001
#3 Hotel Welcome Palace
This hotel in Agartala has comfortable rooms and provides excellent service. The hotel has 35 rooms, each equipped with modern amenities like air conditioning, Wi-Fi, and a mini-fridge. The hotel also has a restaurant that serves delicious local and international cuisine.
- Facilities and Amenities:- Some of the popular amenities offered include an on-site restaurant, room service, a business center, a minibar, air conditioning, and a mosquito net.
- Cost: 800 INR
- Address: Hari Ganga Basak Road, Post Office Chowmuhani, Agartala, Tripura 799001
#4 Prantik Hotel
This hotel is in Dharmanagar, northern Tripura. The hotel has 29 rooms and offers excellent service and hospitality. The hotel’s location is perfect for those looking to explore the nearby forests and wildlife sanctuaries.
- Facilities and Amenities: The Prantik Hotel in Tripura provides top-notch amenities for its guests. It includes luggage storage, 24-Hour Front Desk, Wifi.
- Cost: 730 INR for a night’s stay
- Address: Prantik Hotel Netaji Subhash Road, opposite RCC, Agartala, Tripura 799001
#5 Hotel City Centre
This hotel lies in the heart of Agartala and is popular among budget travelers. The hotel’s location is convenient for travelers, as it is close to major tourist attractions in the city. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful and can assist with travel arrangements and local recommendations.
- Facilities and Amenities: The hotel has 30 rooms, each equipped with basic amenities like air conditioning and Wi-Fi.
- Cost: 1,800 INR
- Address: R7HF+RRM, Hari Ganga Basak Road, Madhyapara Rd, Melarmath, Dhaleswar, Agartala, Tripura 799001
Tourist Spots in Tripura
Here are some of the popular tourist spots in Tripura with their approximate cost:
1. Ujjayanta Palace
The Maharaja of Tripura built this gorgeous palace, which is now a museum. The entry fee for Indian tourists is Rs. 10, and for foreign tourists, it is Rs. 50.
2. Neermahal Palace
This palace stands in the middle of a lake and is an architectural marvel. The entry fee for Indian tourists is Rs. 10, and for foreign tourists, it is Rs. 50.
3. Kamalasagar Kali Temple
People dedicate this ancient temple to Goddess Kali, and it attracts many pilgrims as a popular site. There is no entry fee for the temple.
Archaeologists have discovered rock-cut sculptures at this site, which is a significant pilgrimage and tourist destination in Tripura. There is no entry fee for Unakoti.
5. Sepahijala Wildlife Sanctuary
This wildlife sanctuary is home to various species of animals, birds, and reptiles. The entry fee for Indian tourists is Rs. 25, and for foreign tourists, it is Rs. 150.
6. Jampui Hills
It is a beautiful hill station known for its scenic beauty and pleasant weather. The cost of staying in Jampui Hills varies based on the type of accommodation you choose. Please note that the costs mentioned above are approximate and may vary. Also, there are many other tourist spots in Tripura that you can explore.
In conclusion, Tripura has several hotels and resorts that cater to the needs of tourists and travelers. From luxury hotels to budget options, the state has something for everyone. So whether you’re looking to explore the natural beauty of the state or its rich culture and heritage, you’re sure to find the perfect hotels in Tripura.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Hotels in Tripura” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,