Best Hotels in San Francisco
Known for its steep rolling hills and architecture, San Francisco is one of the top tourist destinations in the USA. Let’s look at a few hotels you can stay in while you visit this tourist-friendly area.
We will focus on hotels in this article due to their popularity. We also share some sustainable travel tips for those interested in green traveling.
Many different types of hotels in San Francisco cater to the needs of various kinds of tourists. While we provide information on some green hotels in this blog, you must check with your hotel about which services they offer. This is because hotel services are also subject to changes with time.
Luxurious Hotels in San Francisco
Some popular green hotels in San Francisco are:-
#1 Hotel Zelos San Francisco
Hotel Zelos San Francisco is a luxury hotel located in the heart of San Francisco’s Union Square neighborhood. It offers upscale accommodations and amenities for both business and leisure travelers. The hotel has 202 guest rooms and suites, each designed with modern and stylish furnishings, featuring plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and high-speed internet access.
- Address- 12 4th St, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States.
- Price- The range for this hotel starts at around Rs. 18,900
- How to Reach- You can reach this hotel in under 20 minutes via taxi from the San Francisco Airport. However, this can be expensive.
- Nearby Attraction- Freedom Trail, Quincy Market, Museum of Fine Arts San Francisco, and Copley Square are some attractions nearby.
#2 Argonaut Hotel, a Noble House Hotel
The Argonaut Hotel is a boutique hotel located in San Francisco, California. It is part of the Noble House Hotels & Resorts collection, best known for its unique and luxurious properties in scenic locations.
The Fisherman’s Wharf neighborhood is well-known for its lively atmosphere, picturesque waterfront, and historical attractions. The Argonaut Hotel occupies the historic Haslett Warehouse, built in 1907 and converted into a hotel in 2003. The building has retained its original red-brick facade and exposed timber beams, giving it a distinctive character and charm.
(Image Credit: argonaut hotel)
- Address- 495 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94109, United States
- Price- The rooms start at around Rs. 25,000 at this hotel.
- How to Reach- You can reach this hotel from the Oakland airport via a taxi in under 30 minutes. However, the trip can be expensive.
- Nearby Attraction- Overlook Mountains and Wailua Falls are popular tourist spots near this hotel.
#3 Hotel Zetta San Francisco
Hotel Zetta San Francisco is a luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of San Francisco, California, USA. It sits in the SoMa neighborhood, famous for its vibrant arts and culture scene and as a hub for technology companies. The hotel boasts 116 stylish and contemporary guest rooms and suites, each featuring modern amenities such as high-speed Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and luxury bedding.
(Image Credit: z hotels sf)
- Address- 55 5th St, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States.
- Price- The rooms start at around Rs. 43,000 at this hotel.
- How to Reach- You can reach this hotel from the San Francisco airport via a taxi in under 20 minutes. However, the trip might be expensive.
- Nearby Attraction- Yerba Buena Gardens is a popular tourist spot near this hotel.
#4 Inn at the Presidio
The Inn at the Presidio is a historic hotel located in San Francisco, California, USA. It stands within the Presidio, a former military base turned national park and offers guests a unique combination of history, natural beauty, and modern amenities. The hotel features 22 guest rooms, each with its private bathroom, and offers complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and on-site parking.
(Image Credit: Presidio lodging)
- Address– 42 Moraga Ave, San Francisco, CA 94129, United States
- Price- The rooms start at around Rs. 31,000 at this hotel.
- How to Reach– You can reach this hotel from the San Francisco airport via a taxi in under 40 minutes.
- Nearby Attraction- Crissy Field is a popular tourist spot near this hotel.
Say you are not able to stay in one of these eco-hotels. Fear not; there are still ways to travel to San Francisco sustainably.
Tips for Sustainable Travel
- When traveling to a tourist-heavy place like San Francisco, we must consider eco-friendliness. The heavier the tourist footfall on a site, the higher the chances for environmental damage by littering.
- Some sustainable travel tips include supporting local and sustainable businesses while shopping, eating locally, reducing litter, and avoiding single-use plastic usage.
- Talking to the staff at the hotel you are staying in is a great way to be sustainable, as they can help you be respectful and mindful of local customs and ecosystems.
Eco-friendly traveling is essential as it helps us preserve the joy of traveling for future generations. Travel can introduce you to many new customs, people, and cultures. San Francisco has a lot of nature and architecture to show to tourists. Thus we must help ensure that these views are available to future generations. Staying in a green hotel in San Francisco is one step towards this, but there are other hotels and more ways to be sustainable too. So let’s go; it’s San Francisco time.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Hotels in San Francisco” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,