Top Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Are you fond of traveling? Do historic temples excite you? Then you must visit Bhubaneswar.
Bhubaneswar is the capital city of the Indian state of Odisha. It is a popular tourist destination known for its rich culture, history, and architecture. Yet where will you stay when visiting the city?
Fear not, for the city is home to a variety of hotels. Bhubaneswar offers different types of hotels to cater to the needs of travelers, whether they seek luxury or budget-friendly options. For example, in the luxury hotels category, we have Hindustan International and Mayfair Lagoon. For those looking for a more budget-friendly item like Ginger Hotel Bhubaneswar.
Luxury Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Luxury hotels in Bhubaneswar have a lot of amenities to offer such as lounges, indoor games, and children’s play areas. However, do ensure to check with your hotel on which amenities they offer as different hotels offer different facilities.
1. Mayfair Hotel
People call Bhubaneswar the “Temple City of India” because of its numerous temples. Its luxury hotels are best known for their proximity to popular tourist landmarks such as the Mayfair Hotel which is near the Regional Museum of Natural History and the Mukteswara Temple.
(Image Credit:- mayfair hotels)
- Address Mayfair Hotels & Resorts Ltd, 8-B, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751013
- Popular tourist attractions found near luxury hotels like Mayfair include the Buddha Jayanti Park, the Udayagiri Caves, the Lingaraja Temple, the Orissa State Museum, and an amusement park known as Nicco Park.
Additionally, many hotels in the city offer transportation services which makes it easy for tourists to travel the city. However, not only is it recommended to check what services the hotel you have chosen to stay at offers, but you should also check the distance of your hotel from the landmarks you wish to visit. Furthermore, when visiting temples it is important to keep the various cultural specifications in mind. For example, many temples require you to take off your footwear before you enter the premises.
Another thing to keep in mind while traveling is respecting the locals and traveling in a sustainable manner. Whether it is a luxury or a budget-friendly hotel in Bhubaneswar you are staying at, it is important to remember that eating locally reduces the strain on the planet. Yet another thing you can do to make your stay at a hotel in Bhubaneswar more sustainable are to choose an eco-hotel.
2. Mayfair Lagoon
Mayfair Lagoon which is an eco-luxury hotel in Bhubaneswar. Many other hotels in Bhubaneswar have implemented eco-friendly practices, such as using solar energy, recycling waste, and promoting water preservation policies. However, as always it is best to check with your individual hotel about their eco-friendly policies. To make your Bhubaneswar trip more sustainable, avoid single-use plastics, use public transportation or rent an e-bike. Also, support local and sustainable businesses when shopping and eating.
(Image Credit:- mayfair hotels)
- Finally, plan your trip ahead to minimize air travel. However, if you must travel by air, then it is best to look for and book in advance the flights that have the lowest amount of emissions. Booking in advance also saves you money. To make your stay at hotels in Bhubaneswar more sustainable, you can do some things as well.
- The hotel staff is being talked to about making the stay more eco-friendly by some of them. Supporting hotels that source their food from local businesses and give back to the community is a good step and so is reusing your linen and towels. However, do keep hygiene in mind. Not wasting water even if you are at a hotel is basic. Consider offsetting your carbon footprint if you have interest in that. There are several ways to do that, which include planting trees in areas where they would do well in the ecosystem.
- Last but not least you can make your stay at a hotel in Bhubaneswar more eco-friendly by using energy-friendly appliances.
Traveling is a joy and seeing the world enriches us, especially when we visit cities like Bhubaneswar which are best known for their culture and heritage. From temples to museums, the city has it all for a tourist to enjoy. However, while traveling is for personal joy, we need to keep in mind that we ought to respect the customs and culture of the locals. Additionally, it is important to travel sustainably and not waste resources even if we are staying at a hotel, as travel can have a negative impact on the local people and environment of a place if not done right. Thus, we need to travel with respect for others, especially when traveling to cities known for their temples and religion like Bhubaneswar is. Hotels in Bhubaneswar have a variety that ranges from luxurious to budget-friendly and there are eco-friendly options available too, thus making it easier for travellers to stay in the city.