Introduction to DBMS helps achieve
Data independence and data control via centralized sever is the main use case of DBMS. This helps users to manage the data independently without being dragged into dependencies of data used by others. Although the data inserted is independent and can be used by anyone, there is a control in the server so that data backup and recovery is done through the centralized server in the database. Redundant data is eliminated as and when needed and we can monitor the data after updating it in the server or storing it in the server. All the tools in the database are managed effectively by DBMS.
DBMS helps achieve Overviews
1. Data Security: Several policies are in place by DBMS that helps in managing the data with respect to data compliance. Organizations set several policies for users that are enforced by DBMS to the users so that a certain set of users can edit the data.
2. Performance: Good performance of queries can be achieved with the help of DBMS where validity and consistency of the data will be maintained in the first place. All the data will be uploaded to the database and the performance will be monitored by DBMS as well.
3. Auditing: Due to controlled access to the database by the users as per the strict role-based access rules by DBMS, it is easy to do auditing and logging of data into the database. This helps to sort out the data in the longer run. This also helps organizations to check for their set of security roles and compliance rules in the database for the accessing of data. This also helps in faster data sharing between users.
4. Data Integration: Huge data results in time consuming work if it is not integrated properly in the database. DBMS helps in maintaining a single interface where all the data can be managed that helps in managing all kinds of logical and physical relationships in the database along with entity relationships.
5. Data administration: Database administration is important as any other work because if it is not administered properly and if there is any downtime for the database, this results in loss of data eventually. DBMS helps administrators to manage the database effectively with a console interface on the screen. Users are highly benefitted from this making the performance of the database better than ever.
6. Data Abstraction: Physical schema of the database can be changed easily as per the requirements and it is not needed to change the logical relationship of data. This is achieved with the help of DBMS that also helps in improving the storage of the system by changing the schema. Alteration to any other tools is not needed while changing the schema.
DBMS helps achieve
- Data Safety: There are lots of security issues while multiple users are accessing the same database for different use cases. User access is controlled in DBMS in such a way that certain users can only read the data while some others can read and write the data. Few others can edit the database as well and all these depends on data security.
- Data Integration: When there is a huge amount of data, data integration is important as there can be redundant data as well in the database. DBMS helps in visualizing the data effectively from the database itself without making any different queries for the same. DBMS helps users to complete all the work from the single interface by manipulating the logical and physical relationship of data. Here entity relationships can also be seen from the interface and if needed, we can see the same with the help of queries. This helps the organization to see which data affects the activities of the company and how to nullify the effects by making changes in the data.
- Data Sharing: When users from different regions are accessing the data, DBMS makes the work easy by sharing the data with all users through the database. If the users have proper authorization and authentication, they can view the data used by other users and can make changes if necessary. This visualizing of data from different regions helps users to save time and money as we can count DBMS as file storage as well. When the data is properly managed and updated, it is easy to handle data whenever and wherever required. Queries can be run in the database and results can be sorted at any time in the database.
- Decision making: When the data is made visible to the needed users at the proper time, this data helps users to make timely decisions that make an impact on the company’s profit or entry to the market. Users can see data from any part of the world that makes them make new decisions or change the decisions or might be new market entries based on the data. A streamlined framework is provided by DBMS so that data quality is improved to the maximum and data management procedures are added. Good quality information is thus provided to the end-users with the help of DBMS.
- Efficiency: There are certain tools available in DBMS that helps users to convert data into valuable and required information so that they can make new decisions based on the data. This makes the data to be used in an efficient manner by reducing the time taken to make decisions. Faster decisions and informed decisions can be made based on the data available in the database. This helps in several businesses such as hospitality management, banking, finance and economics, telecommunication industry, sales and human resources. It also helps in agriculture and manufacturing to maintain the record of several crops and crop failures and inventory of machinery in the warehouse.
DBMS is good in making organizational accessibility of data that helps users to share only the relevant data with peers and with necessary details. This sharing of data is faster when compared to whole data sharing. Quick solutions are received for queries that help in faster data and with accurate results.
This is a guide to DBMS helps achieve. Here we discuss the Introduction, data that helps users to share only the relevant data with peers and with necessary details for better understanding. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –