Introduction to Data Virtualization Tools
The virtualization of data provides access to data while hiding technological aspects such as location, configuration, or the language of access. It helps apps to access the data without understanding where it lies. data federation is an example in which data is rendered to look like a single data store to the consuming application in different data stores. Its virtualization provides querying across multiple data management tools And multiple databases. Data virtualization tools are efficient and faster than ETL. Data virtualization differs from the Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) process by avoiding the redundancy of data
Features of Data Virtualization Tools
Data virtualization tools provide features which are given as follows
- Evaluate multiple sources of data as one source
- Integrate and convert data to create a virtual model of data
- Virtualize access to data in real-time, without transferring it
- Advanced Query Engine
- Centralize all of the metadata
- Simple data analytics
- Publication of on-demand data
- Virtual data layer provides firewall data, access control is safe
List of Data Virtualization Tools
So now we will see is the list of top Data virtualization tools
1. TIBCO Data Virtualization
It is an enterprise data virtualization software which provides access to multiple data sources. It makes it easier to connect to all multiple data sources and queries against multiple data sources. It also avoids data duplication when combining all the data. It offers a virtual layers approach that Presents data for analytics in a secure and faster manner.
Features of TIBCO Data Virtualization
- Remove duplication of data
- Drag and drop feature.
- A large variety of data source adapters.
- Supports Spotfire for data analytics.
Denodo is a web-based software that offers searching capabilities for data and metadata like Google and support for connectivity to multiple data sources. It has a Data Catalog for easy searching of data. Denodo also offers security as well as AS management by providing safe, selective access to the entire data holdings of a company through a single control and administration
Features of Denodo
- Query Optimizer selects the optimal query strategy while execution for faster data access
- It also provides In-memory parallel processing, which speeds up data access
- Diagnosis capabilities for large data deployments
- It has a services layer which supports OpenAPI, OAuth 2.0, OData 4, and SAML cloud standards that support reliable interoperability with cloud systems available. It also supports cloud marketplaces like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, etc.
3. VMware Cloud Management Platform
VMware Cloud Management is a complete cloud infrastructure is a data virtualization software that simplifies data operations and also delivers the best SLAs for all applications. It helps to maintain and perform various IT operations such as computing, networking, storage of heterogeneous as well as hybrid clouds.
Features of VMware Cloud Management Platform
- Advanced networking and security
- vRealize Suite to address complex operations and automated IT
- Efficient Data virtualization management
- vSphere suite for operations management
- vSphere Hypervisor for advanced memory management
4. Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization is a popular data virtualization tool offering data supply along with data integration solutions for multiple data sources and allowing those multiple sources of data as a single source and delivering the required data in user desired form.
Features of Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
- Lower cost than any other alternatives
- Flexible Cloud management
- Heterogeneous coverage
- Automated process for web-based data extraction
5. Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that offers scalable computing in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. It has an interface that helps to configuration, networking, the security of large data and, and manage this storage. It provides Workload management along with advanced monitoring. It also helps in implementing data virtualization across the entire enterprise.
Features of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud
- Network management for IT organizations
- Flexible web-scale computing
- Reliable cloud hosting services
Stonebond is one of the best data virtualization Software which helps users to analyze business data while maximizing the use of assets, lowering cost which improving business efficiency. It lowers the cost and time by integrating data as there is no need to invest in expensive Data warehouses and data storage. It has the easiest user interface and Integration Integrity Manager (IIM) which helps o configure, manage and modify data flows.
Features of Stonebond
- Data Catalog for faster and easier search
- Identification of the origin of data set, final destination, business rules, formulas
- Bi-directional data access
- drag & drop feature which allows auto-generation of virtual models that can be used in web services, BI reports, and applications quickly.
- Data Masking to Secure sensitive information private.
- It supports multiple user constituencies such as DBA, Business Analysts as well as developers
- Generating and hosting web services like REST, ODATA, BDC SOAP,ADO.NET, JSON, JDBC, ODBC, BCS IN JUST ONE CLICK
In this article, we have seen are various data virtualization tools that will help you to integrate the data from multiple sources and manage them. You can choose any software based on your requirements. we hope you will find this article helpful.
This is a guide to Data Virtualization Tools. Here we discuss the List of various data virtualization tools along with their features. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –