Updated July 6, 2023
Introduction to Data Administrator
The data administrator is defined as it is a role that any person can perform, and that person can take charge of filtering data which can be converted into the appropriate model; that person can take responsibility for transforming applicable data in the database, which means that person can allow storing appropriate data in the database, the role of data administrator need to have some technical knowledge because that role is more related to business and less related to the technical and same role can also be performed by Data Analyst who has high-level functioning to manage the overall data.
What is Data Administrator?
The data administrator is a high-level functionality that is slightly different from the database administrator, which is responsible for managing all the data which data can be stored in the database or not, the data administrator is not a fully technical person as it is partly technical and the role of it is more related to the business in which with some technical knowledge, in many organizations such type of job responsibilities also played by the data analyst, we can also say that the data administrator is also known as a data analyst.
Given below are the responsibilities of the data administrator:
- It is responsible for straining the coming data and allowing storing the applicable data only; if it thinks the storing data is irrelevant, then it cannot allow storing it.
- It can also scan the data passing or drifting throughout the organization; it can also handle data security in that it keeps track of private data so that it should not go out of the organization, and internal data must be secured and protected.
- The data administrator can also handle the planning of the data model.
- The data administrator can also handle the analysis and breakdown of the data, which means making parts of the data so that a non-technical person can also understand it.
Data Administrator Careers
If we want to make a career in it, there are some fields that we need to improve, which are programming skills, analytical skills, communication skills, and technical skills. If a data administrator wants to switch jobs, it has many career paths.
- As we start as data administrators, then we can switch to Oracle Database Administrator and also can switch to Software Engineer.
- Another path is to switch to senior data administrator and then to the Database Administrator or Database Administration Manager, or we can switch to Oracle Database Administrator.
- Also, we can switch to either the senior project manager or information technology manager and end up with the information technology operations manager or director of software development.
- We can switch to the Office Manager, get the project manager post, and end up with the IT director.
Data Administrator Paying Cities
For the role, some cities are paying the best.
1. Recently highest salary paid in India is $72K
- Noida, UP Rs.15, 68,310 per year
- Hyderabad, Telangana Rs. 9,69, 706 per year
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu Rs. 9,07, 382 per year
- Bangalore, Karnataka Rs. 5,68, 088
2. Cities from other countries
- The San Francisco, CA is paid $93K
- The Edison, NJ is paid $85K
- The Renton, WA is paid $84K
- Washington, DC paid $78K
- Arlington, TX paid $78K
- Lenexa, KS paid $76K
- Boston, MA paid $75K
- Cedar Rapids, IA paid $74K
- Durham, NC paid $74K
- Alpharetta, GA paid $70K
- Kansas city, MO paid $69K
- Reston, VA paid $69K
- Detroit, MI paid $68K
Data Administrator Salaries
- In India, the average salary of a data administrator is 6, 50,000 Rs. per year, and the highest salary is 15, 40,026 Rs. per year; at the fresher level, we may have to start with Rs. 3 lacks per annum. Our salary will also improve if we update our curriculum vitae with new skills.
- To apply for this role, we require a minimum bachelor’s degree, and the average salary maybe $74,517 per annum and $38.83 per hour, and in the year 2018 to 2028, the career may grow up to 9%.
Preparation for Exam
If anyone wants to prepare for the examination, then the following are some skills which we have to prepare for it:
- The data administrator can use the Python programming language and the SAS to collect, process, and clean the data, so we must be proficient in programming skills.
- The analytical skills also need to improve because while processing and cleaning the data, the data administrator’s job responsibility is to manage how to apply the skill and method properly, so we must have analytical skills.
- We also need to improve our communication skills as it must need to communicate with other team members so we need to be skillful and also need to improve our technical skills because designing the data model, installing the software, and configuring the hardware components can also be handled by it.
- It is a desk job with strong skills, so it does not need to travel. Its functioning depends on the computer programs, functioning like monitoring the data, managing the data, and maintaining it to improve the organization’s production and profit.
In this article, we conclude that it is one type of job that can be performed by anyone with high-level applications to filter the data and allow it to store in the database, so this article will help to gain detailed knowledge about the role.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Data Administrator” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information.