Introduction to Data Administrator
Data administrator is defined as it is a role that can be performed by any person and that person can take charge of filtering data which can be converted into the appropriate model, that person can take responsibility for transforming applicable data in the database it means that person can allow to store appropriate data in the database, the role of data administrator need to have some technical knowledge because that role is more related to business and less related to the technical and same role can also be performed by Data Analyst which has high-level functioning to manage the overall data.
What is Data Administrator?
The data administrator is the high-level functionality which is slightly different from database administrator which is responsible to manage all the data which data can be stored in the database or not, the data administrator is not a fully technical person as it is partly technical and the role of it is more related to the business in which with some technical knowledge, in many organizations such type of job responsibilities also played by the data analyst, we can also say that the data administrator is also known as a data analyst.
Given below are the responsibilities of the data administrator:
- It is responsible to strain the coming data and allow storing the applicable data only, if he thinks the storing data is irrelevant then he cannot allow storing it.
- It can also scan the data which is passing or drifting throughout the organization, it can also handle the data security that it keeps track of private data so that should not go out of the organization and internal data also must be secured and protected.
- The planning of the data model can also be handled by the data administrator.
- The analysis and breakdown of the data can also be handled by the data administrator which means to make parts of the data so that the person who is non-technical can also understand it.
Data Administrator Careers
If we want to make a career in it then there are some fields which we need to improve that are programming skills, analytical skills, communication skills and the technical skills and if data administrator wants to switch the job then it has many career paths.
- As we start as a data administrator then we can switch to the Oracle Database Administrator and also can switch to the Software Engineer.
- Another path is that we can switch to senior data administrator and then to the Database Administrator or Database Administration Manager or we can switch to Oracle Database Administrator.
- Also, we can switch to either senior project manager or information technology manager and end up with the information technology operations manager or director of the software development.
- We can switch to the Office manager then can get the post of project manager and end up with the IT director.
Data Administrator Paying Cities
For the role, there are some cities that are paying the best.
1. Recently highest salary paid in India is $72K
- Noida, UP Rs.15, 68,310 per year
- Hyderabad, Telangana Rs. 9,69, 706 per year
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu Rs. 9,07, 382 per year
- Bangalore, Karnataka Rs. 5,68, 088
2. Cities from other countries
- The San Francisco, CA is paid $93K
- The Edison, NJ is paid $85K
- The Renton, WA is paid $84K
- Washington, DC paid $78K
- Arlington, TX paid $78K
- Lenexa, KS paid $76K
- Boston, MA paid $75K
- Cedar Rapids, IA paid $74K
- Durham, NC paid $74K
- Alpharetta, GA paid $70K
- Kansas city, MO paid $69K
- Reston, VA paid $69K
- Detroit, MI paid $68K
Data Administrator Salaries
- In India, the average salary of a data administrator is 6, 50,000 Rs. per year and the highest salary paid is 15, 40,026 Rs. per year, at the fresher level, we may have to start with the Rs. 3 lakh per annum. If we update our curriculum vitae with new skills then our salary will also improve.
- To apply for this role we require a minimum bachelor degree and the average salary maybe $74,517 per annum and $38.83 per hour, and in the year 2018 to 2028 the career may grow up to 9%.
Preparation for Exam
If anyone wants to prepare for the examination then following are some skills which we have to prepare for it:
- The python programming language and the SAS can be used by the data administrator to collect the data, to processing the data, and also clean the data, so we must be proficient in programming skills.
- The analytical skills also need to improve because while processing and cleaning the data, the job responsibility of the data administrator can have to manage how to apply the skill and method in a proper manner so that we must need to have analytical skills.
- We also need to improve the communication skill as it must need to communicate with other team members so we need to be skilful and also need to improve our technical skills because the designing of the data model, installing of the software, and configuration of the hardware components can also be handled by it.
- It is a desk job with strong skills so it does not need to travel and the functioning of it depends on the computer programs, functioning like to monitor the data, to manage the data and maintain it to improve the production and the profit of the organization.
In this article, we conclude that it is one type of job which can be performed by any person who has high-level applications to filter the data and allow it to store in the database, so this article will help to gain detailed knowledge about the role.
This is a guide to Data Administrator. Here we discuss the introduction, careers, paying cities, salaries and preparation for exam. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –