About the Stress Management At Workplace:
- Corporate sectors of today have a fast-paced environment. The dynamic changes of business needs has multiplied the level of challenges and threats that a manager has to face day in and day out which may even become extreme at times causing burn out and making professionals to yield under pressure due to excessive stress.
- The course therefore, gives you a detailed understanding of stress and answers elementary questions like – is stress desirable at the work place in an organization, and if yes, then how much ? The course takes you through a complete understanding of stress, identifying various sources of stress and ways to combat the same.
- Stress at work place is unavoidable. How so ever, one may try to keep away from it but stress paves its way into various tasks and activities and casts its influence – both physically and psychologically.
- Stress is a “necessary evil” just like ‘friction. Frictional force is necessary for driving, if there is no friction between the tyres and the road, a car cannot run. On the other hand, too much of friction between the road and the tyres can cause wearing of the tyres leading to breakdown.
- Similarly, an optimum level of stress is desirable at the work place. Low stress may be a result of low challenges in a task that a manager does at his/her work place which may eventually make the manager lose interest in the job, so much so that the manager may even look at separating from the organization due to low or no inherent challenges in the job. While on the hand, if the job is very demanding with stringent time lines for delivery, it may lead to high stress levels which may again cause burn-out with managers and executives yielding to pressure.
- Adverse physical effects of stress on an individual can be in various forms including high heart beat, high pulse rate and blood pressure, nervous breakdown, poor performance and emotional instability.
- Doing physical exercise and engaging oneself in some kind of sports may help to relieve induced stress to an extent. Managers should also learn the art of saying “No”. Planning and prioritizing their work properly so that they can call it a day-off at the appropriate time, are some things which the professionals and managers of today should practice for a proper work-life balance.
- While some workplace stress is normal, excessive stress can interfere with your productivity and impact your physical and emotional health. And your ability to deal with it can mean the difference between success or failure.
- You can’t control everything in your work environment, but that doesn’t mean you’re powerless even when you’re stuck in a difficult situation. Finding ways to manage workplace stress isn’t about making huge changes or rethinking career ambitions, but rather about focusing on the one thing that’s always within your control: you.
- Everyone who has ever held a job has, at some point, felt the pressure of work-related stress. Any job can have stressful elements, even if you love what you do. In the short-term, you may experience pressure to meet a deadline or to fulfill a challenging obligation. But when work stress becomes chronic, it can be overwhelming — and harmful to both physical and emotional health.
- When you feel overwhelmed at work, you lose confidence and may become irritable or withdrawn. This can make you less productive and less effective in your job, and make the work seem less rewarding. If you ignore the warning signs of work stress, they can lead to bigger problems. Beyond interfering with job performance and satisfaction, chronic or intense stress can also lead to physical and emotional health problems.
- When stress at work interferes with your ability to perform in your job, manage your personal life, or adversely impacts your health, it’s time to take action. Start by paying attention to your physical and emotional health. When your own needs are taken care of, you’re stronger and more resilient to stress. The better you feel, the better equipped you’ll be to manage work stress without becoming overwhelmed.
- Taking care of yourself doesn’t require a total lifestyle overhaul. Even small things can lift your mood, increase your energy, and make you feel like you’re back in the driver’s seat. Take things one step at a time, and as you make more positive lifestyle choices, you’ll soon notice a reduction in your stress levels, both at home and at work.
Common causes of excessive workplace stress:
- Fear of being laid off
- More overtime due to staff cutbacks
- Pressure to perform to meet rising expectations but with no increase in job satisfaction
- Pressure to work at optimum levels all the time!
What are the requirements for Stress Management At Workplace?
- Real desire to manage and reduce your stress
- Willingness to make lifestyle changes
What am I going to get from this Stress Management At Workplace course?
- Know what are the common causes of Stress at Workplace
- Learn ways to reduce the stress environment
- To provide you with a detailed understanding of the stress.
What is the target audience?
- Job seekers
- Stressed-out executives
- Managers who have trouble getting a good night’s sleep
- Anyone who’s work or personal life suffers from stressful thoughts
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Stress Management At Workplace courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|