About the Quality Models Training:
- This Quality Models Training provides a student of software engineering or a software quality professional a complete understanding of Quality models like CMMI and ISO.
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) is an industry leading framework for process improvement. It is owned and maintained by the CMMI Institute.
- The Quality Models Training gives a detailed explanation of the CMMI framework including CMMI constellations, staged and continuous representations, maturity and capability levels, process areas, generic goals, generic practices, specific goals and specific practices.
- It covers all the process areas of the CMMI for Development model from level 2 to level 5. At level 2 the process areas covered are Project Planning, Project Monitoring and Control, Configuration Management, Measurement and Analysis, Process & Product Quality Assurance, Requirements Management and Supplier Agreement Management.
- Key concepts covered include size and effort estimation, project scheduling and setting up the lifecycle phases as well as tracking the project against plan and managing issues.
- Baselining concepts and tracking change requests are also covered in detail.
- The most important concept at level 2 which helps in setting up a base for the higher maturity levels is defining a measurement program and setting up a mechanism for data capture and analysis.
- At level 3, the process areas covered are Decision Analysis and Resolution, Integrated Project Management, Organization Process Focus, Organizational Process Definition, Organizational Training, Requirements Development, Technical Solution, Product Integration, Verification, Validation and Risk Management.
- The key concepts covered at this level include defining a quality management system and training program for the organization as a whole and the engineering aspects of designing, developing and testing the software system. Risk management is covered in detail at level 3, even though basic risk management concepts are introduced at level 2.
- At level 4, the process areas covered are Quantitative Project Management and Organizational Process Performance. These process areas are called high maturity areas and require a good deal of statistical understanding and expertise. These requirements will be covered in sufficient detail in the course.
- At level 5, the process areas covered are Organizational Performance Management and Causal Analysis and Resolution. These areas introduce the element of continuous improvement in the organizational processes.
- The coverage of each process area includes the specific goals and practices as well as interpretation of the generic goals and practices with reference to that process area. Industry best practices pertaining to that process area are also covered and so are tips to simplify implementation.
Who are the Target Customers for Quality Models Training?
- Software Quality Assurance professionals
- Project Managers
- Students of Software engineering
What are the Pre-requisites Quality Models Training?
- Basic understanding of software lifecycle
- Passion to learn
What is the Objective of Quality Models Training Course?
- To help the learner setup a quality management system and continuous improvement program in their organization and get appraised against CMMI. It will also help students of software engineering to get a deeper insight into Quality models.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Quality Models Training courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|